[11/06] Final Fantasy Versus XIII confirmed as Final Fantasy XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This alone is a reason for me to buy PS4.

And of course, the title change. Predictable.

However, knowing SE, I wouldn't be surprised if they took another 7 years to develop this, and end up changing the title to FFXVI for PS5 :wacky: :sarcasm:

Apart from that, the game looks gorgeous. But that isn't too surprising for that is their specialty. I hope that beautiful town is fully explorable while it's in it's peaceful state. And surely, most of us will be happy if they keep the traditional FF elements in.

I'm not going to comment too much, for it is still too early to judge the gameplay and story. But otherwise, I'm really looking forward to this one. Lightning Returns suddenly looks worse in terms of almost everything, though I'm still getting that while waiting for XV.

In what way does the gameplay look similar to xiii?

I said "It might very well be an enhanced version of XIII gameplay." And I stress that "MIGHT". So, rather than question my opinion could you just back off and accept it for what it is regardless of whether you think it's right or wrong? I don't care whether you disagree with it or not, if you disagree with what I think then that's fine. I just can't be arsed debating it. :monster:

I am pretty excited. I mean SE have probably redeemed themselves here with XV and KH III. XV looks absolutely stunning and gorgeous. I cannot wait to play it in 2018 (Might happen now that KH III is in development -.-)

...how have they?

A game that was originally announced back in 2006 that ought to have come out 7 years later is skipping a generation, with no sign of a tentative release date anywhere, and yes, a fan requested full console sequel to another franchise, but looks so early in development with what looks like a tech demo (which doesn't even look that great) that it can only muster the words "in development".

Square-Enix totally redeemed!

You don't redeem yourself unless your games actually come out after a long spell in the wilderness, and are good.

EDIT: Releasing trailers is not redemption. It's putting your derailed steam train back on the railway lines after a major crash, and preparing to shovel in the coal again. The train has barely moved.

EDIT #2 :

Something about the new kawaii-ised Stella design bothers me...

finalfantasy15trailer91juo.jpg

Oh yeah, hi, Leanne! What are you doing in this game?

Resonance-of-Fate-Screen-11.jpg

Last edited:
Wow is Squareenix still working on this game? Havn't they already been working on this for 5 years now? And this trailor is all they have to show for it? :raye:

... Ok firstly I am kinda pissed more than happy now about this news.

Firstly Versus.. Sorry "XV" was announced... what? 7 or 8 years ago now? Secondly this whole game was supposedly the reason why they couldn't work on Kingdom Hearts 3, yet here they are announcing them both at the same time, jeez I wonder how long I will wait for these games... Not going make the same mistake twice, sorry Sony these games are not going make me fork over $400 this time around.

You shouldn't be forking out over $400 for the sake of two games anyway. And there'll have to be a FFXV sooner or later, because SE need a new main entry in the series as a source of income. They're not going to go the best part of another decade without a FFXV.

...how have they?

A game that was originally announced back in 2006 that ought to have come out 7 years later is skipping a generation, with no sign of a tentative release date anywhere, and yes, a fan requested full console sequel to another franchise, but looks so early in development with what looks like a tech demo (which doesn't even look that great) that it can only muster the words "in development".

Square-Enix totally redeemed!

You don't redeem yourself unless your games actually come out after a long spell in the wilderness, and are good.

EDIT: Releasing trailers is not redemption. It's putting your derailed steam train back on the railway lines after a major crash, and preparing to shovel in the coal again. The train has barely moved.

EDIT #2 :

Something about the new kawaii-ised Stella design bothers me...

finalfantasy15trailer91juo.jpg

Oh yeah, hi, Leanne! What are you doing in this game?

Resonance-of-Fate-Screen-11.jpg

I did mean that they finally announced it 7 years later! I do not mean that they fully redeemed themselves here. It will still take awhile but hey, atleast they finally got over their secret. My use of the word "redeem" in this context is for finally announcing the title change. Yes, they did say we have to wait for more info. At least they got of their lazy behind and finally gave us this announcement.

I know we should have got this ages ago. This is probably the best thing SE has done in awhile. Yes, they delayed the development of the game to hell, but this is auto better than anything LR.

The train has barely moved? SE finally decided to piss off fans and call this PS4 exclusive. I am pretty sure they said exclusive last night. Do not quote me on that though.

It is funny... because I can totally see the resemblance there. Do not remind me of that dreadful game. :hmph:

SE will only fully redeem themselves when they announce a remake of Xenogears. This is only a part of the redemption.

As for KH 3? It does look very early in development. This might cause XV to be delayed once more. Probably till like 2018 :grin:

Edit: http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/final-fantasy-15-will-also-be-released-on-xbox-one/

Not exclusive :( Same with KH III.

Wasn't really excited about it 7 years ago, and I am less excited about it now than I was then. Chalk this up as yet another installment of the numbered Final Fantasies I don't give a shit about. Honestly, when was it ever a good sign that something was stuck in development hell for so long that they ended up having to change platform?

There are actually quite a few games that have done rather well despite spending an incredibly long time in development. :hmmm: Resident Evil 4 took 6 years, Duke Nukem Forever just over a decade. Shenmue took 6 years, and was originally conceived for the Sega Saturn. Star Craft II took 7 years and Team Fortress 2 took 9 years.

Yeah, seven years is an awfully long time to wait for a game, but that doesn't automatically mean it will be shit.

When I saw this, I immediately clapped for joy and squealed. "YES!!!! THEY FINALLY TURNED IT INTO FFXV!!!! THEY FINALLY DID SOMETHING WITH THE GAME!!!!" XD XD XD XD I was just so glad for us to get SOMETHING after such a long wait...

But, hmm. Why do I get a bad feeling? It's because I remembered back when everyone was gushing at FFXIII's trailer and then realized when it came out that they should have never gushed. I was one of those people...so now I feel like "meh" also. I'm excited to see HOW IT'LL TURN OUT, but as for the trailer, after what happened with FFXIII, I realize that it's just a trailer.

As for the trailer itself, I'm surprised that they actually showed Noctis's childhood. I think the girl who was dragging him across the grass field was Stella somehow some years ago. And by showing Noctis's personality a little more, I now see and feel how and why Nomura said he is different. He seems very reserved and quiet yet outgoing at the same time and pumped up for action. That is different, lol. The mains are always either not all that social or social, but he's both. The action...I'm VERY nervous about that, especially when I saw that you'll be facing those huge sword guys out in the open like that with everything else even though they're the more challenging monsters. I play RPG's because of the turn-based battles that make it less nerve racking, but I guess now if FF15 turns out to be a really good game, I will have to face my fears of action games and get through with it. I'm also nervous about the rock climbings. I'm just not the action-based type. -_-

Stella's change - I don't like it. Now she just looks goofy. I also prefer how Noctis looked in the very first trailer, as well as his "shotgun friend", too, because it seems they changed his friend to all black with spikes on the jacket instead of the shot-gun-guy looking brown leather vest he had before. They all just looked better before because they had that serious, deep, this-game-is-gonna-be-epic look. I hate it when games become goofy looking...it might still turn out good, but it just makes you less excited. The game isn't looking how I expected it to look, but it still looks good in terms of graphics. Now we just have to hope for a great story and cast of characters like previous FF's. Everyone's worried about the battle system, but I could care less about the battling; as long as it functions well, give me anything - I just want what everyone likes in FF: the great story and memorable characters.

Waiting for the full game and its reviews! =)

I said "It might very well be an enhanced version of XIII gameplay." And I stress that "MIGHT". So, rather than question my opinion could you just back off and accept it for what it is regardless of whether you think it's right or wrong? I don't care whether you disagree with it or not, if you disagree with what I think then that's fine. I just can't be arsed debating it. :monster:

You dodged the question "might" proves nothing. This game is action, xiii is ATB. two completely different gameplay. Xiii-2 is an enhanced version, of xiii. Not xv.
Of course you did. I mean, I predicted tons of things as well. I predicted that the Asian financial crash would happen when I was only three years old. I predicted that the guy was already dead in The Sixth Sense. I predicted that the Higgs-Boson particle actually does exist. I also predicted before I was born the collapse of the Soviet Union. Join the Nostradamus club!~

Whats with the bitchiness? Im not saying I predicted this, im saying I envisioned this a few years back. I know it sounds odd and unbelievable (especially since I was so against the naming of it being XV).

Its not like im saying I knew this was going to happen.

Kotaku posted far more gameplay for us to watch and it does look pretty awesome, it is like FFXII, FFXIII, Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts having a baby together.....

I swear a few months ago I said this was gonna happen. They were gonna change it to FFXV. But..... Fuck me, right? :dry: ANYWAY, while I sit here and smile about how right I was, I'm also gonna say that the game trailer was pretty damn cool. I liked the areas they showed. Noctis looks cool and all that. Can't wait to see more of this game, and even more so, play it! XD

Last edited:
The gameplay looks pretty badasss. Ive grown to love action rpgs more and more, especially after playing through the whole entirety of the Ys series and some other snes classics.

Kotaku posted far more gameplay for us to watch and it does look pretty awesome, it is like FFXII, FFXIII, Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts having a baby together.....

BEAUTIFUL! With a scary ending. -_-

Looking forward to how this game turns out! :D

I'm actually impressed. It was obvious they were changing this game to XV. The benefits that come with it are a much longer story campaign and more flexibility. From what I saw in one of the trailers of the map, the game is not as linear as XIII, something I had a huge problem with. Also I really like the new, cleaner look of the menus and the updated graphics.

The only red flag for me is not being able to control party members. It looks like you can only have 3 party members at a time and only control Noctis. I was really looking forward to being able to shoot with the blonde guy. But other than that I think the battles are fantastic. I like seeing the two party members have your back and cooperate with you to take down a big baddie. It's something I could really get into.

I honestly am not mad at having to wait for this game. I like mostly everything I've seen and am satisfied in the direction it's going. The premise and world are interesting, the maps are huge, and the gameplay looks epic. I'd say SE are really taking their time with this one, and crafting it with care. I'd be pretty bummed if I couldn't control other party members and if we could only control those two guys of Noctis' entourage but the game looks to be something satisfying so we'll see.

Definitely something to get excited for after experiencing the claustrophobic XIII and the story shredding XIII-2.

I honestly am not made at having to wait for this game. I like mostly everything I've seen and am satisfied in the direction it's going. The premise and world are interesting, the maps are huge, and the gameplay looks epic. I'd say SE are really taking their time with this one, and crafting it with care. I'd be pretty bummed if I couldn't control other party members and if we could only control those two guys of Noctis' entourage but the game looks to be something satisfying so we'll see.

Definitely something to get excited for after experiencing the claustrophobic XIII and the story shredding XIII-2.

That's what I like to think.
I like to think that SE wanted the game to be perfect, something that fans will love and be proud to play and if it had to take 7 years to make that happen then that's that. Plus to make it as great as they wanted they had to move it to the PS4 which obviously delayed it even longer.

Or maybe not haha but I tell myself that to make myself feel better about how long it is taking :(

^ Stella Nox Fleuret is female? I do not see the problem here. Also, this is Japan so you will not have to worry about females not being in the game. I am pretty sure at the end of the trailer where all the faces were shown I saw more than just Stella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back