[11/06] Final Fantasy Versus XIII confirmed as Final Fantasy XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her hair looks nicer in the XV model. It was stupid and very square in Versus.

The only other change I can even notice is it looks like her eyes are wider. I don't get the problem.

It would be 1 direction of FF if Noctis, Cloud, Squall, and idk...two others I dont really care about. Then it would be one direction of FF

Not sure why it matters so much that the character design has changed a bit. The previous version of Stella was hardly Quasimodo. I do prefer the older version from those screenshots but oh well!

I am almost certain that the ones on the right are antagonists or antiheroes in one way or another.

This means our protagonists are pretty much the One Direction of Final Fantasy!

No we don't. We have a decent closeup of the face and I am comparing the facial models. I can tell also that the hair looks a lot nicer in the Versus Stella, but it's the eyes that are the most egregious of the changes.

The old holy figure is obviously the bad guy but not the "big bad" Or maybe he is?

Uhm okay? It would be better if we had a full model of her to judge. Yes, her eyes changed so she is automatically less appealing right? If we had a full model to judge it would be better because we could see just how "younger" they made her by the choice of clothes and rank. She is supposed to be a sort of aristocrat after all. I do not think she looks younger all that much. I think they just changed her eyes and face a bit which is making you think she looks a lot younger.

There is no problem here with her "new design" It is not like she stopped being royal or anything. On that note she is from Tenebrae. That means darkness or shadows in Latin. It is possible she may turn into a villain.

I think her hair looks better. They changed her way too much already and I think it is fine now.

I am just going to judge when we get a darker image. This one is too bright for my liking.

I think shes less apealing but definitely less defined. She had more expression in her dace back then. Now it seems she ahas that fake innocence look. Hopefully its just the angle of her face.

I think shes less apealing but definitely less defined. She had more expression in her dace back then. Now it seems she ahas that fake innocence look. Hopefully its just the angle of her face.

LOL! "that fake innocence look." I agree, and if you match it up with the soft voice in the trailer, it's like they're trying to make her another Aeris or just another one of those "oh, we can see the light together" kind of anime girls. I don't mind them adding a soft, mature aspect like Aeris to Stella, but I also imagined Stella as very mentally (and physically) strong, too, the way she looked and presented herself before. I can still see her being that way now, but her change is a bit off with what I had imagined...she's just not the Stella she used to be. Heck, the whole cast isn't what they used to be, in a more negative way than positive, as I have been saying. But, also true is that maybe we'll change our minds when her full design comes in and we see her angered again during battle. Also in how she presents herself in her personal gestures, like when she's speaking and stuff (like at the party to Noctis).

Stella was always presented as an enemy. She's supposedly battling against Noctis in those old scans and now she's on the opposite side of the portrait gallery to him, too. But if she is actually speaking with him at the party, I feel that she will be an enemy at first, then an ally and then...lover.
:awesome::inlove:

What are you people even on about? You make it sound like the differences are like night and day. Bizarre.

I can't believe I'm actually kinda looking forward to this. I think it's my nostalgia from playing FF games when I was younger kicking in but I kinda fancy a JRPG right now. Although I'm sure the classic JRPG moping and "I get my strength from my fwends" rubbish will make an appearance. :ahmed:

Want to see more story info and more gameplay, it looked pretty funky.

Its more like dawn, and day. I been following vwrsys and theres this one traiker where stella is about to fight noctus and her daxial expression was perfect. Still, the image given here looks like that one blondie from resonance of fate but with sun damage, prompto also has crazy blonde haor, it looks unrealistic compared to its previous version.

Jesus we only have one image, of about 70% of Stella's new face design and people are already getting critical?! :lew: We don't even see her whole head! I mean, I'd understand if the characters all got some drastic change but really it's nothing to complain about. I like the new character designs. The clothes are meant to look that way and yes, Stella's eyes are a bit wide(as is the popular thing with East-Asian girls). I don't see anything in the character designs that would make me rage or not want to buy the game. I think people are taking it way too seriously.

her daxial expression was perfect

Gotta get that daxial expression right, yessiree. :wacky: Ahh, the joys of autocorrect!

Personally, I was totally excited when the trailer came on at E3, but right now I find myself being more hesitant. The graphics look terrific, the action looks amazing, the story looks like it will follow along the lines of classic FF games, but I find myself worrying about the battle system. Will we see the classic items come back? What about spells (besides Noctis's Warp ability)? If this is going to bear the name Final Fantasy XV, I want it to behave like it and not like a spinoff. I think it will, but until I see it for sure there's going to be this little reservation gnawing away at me. I sure hope SE keeps the new info coming from now on.

Gotta get that daxial expression right, yessiree. :wacky: Ahh, the joys of autocorrect!

Personally, I was totally excited when the trailer came on at E3, but right now I find myself being more hesitant. The graphics look terrific, the action looks amazing, the story looks like it will follow along the lines of classic FF games, but I find myself worrying about the battle system. Will we see the classic items come back? What about spells (besides Noctis's Warp ability)? If this is going to bear the name Final Fantasy XV, I want it to behave like it and not like a spinoff. I think it will, but until I see it for sure there's going to be this little reservation gnawing away at me. I sure hope SE keeps the new info coming from now on.
Damn smartphone!

They made strong changes to Prompto...I was VERY upset about that. Compare him to previous trailer and youll see he was way more handskme. A refined Vaan.

anyways....this is an action RPG. No changing that, so it will ultimately feel like a spin off no matter what. But since its based on KH system, dont worry about if theres magic involved or the classic items such as potions and ethers. Otherwise, this type of game would be too easy.

anyways....this is an action RPG. No changing that, so it will ultimately feel like a spin off no matter what. But since its based on KH system, dont worry about if theres magic involved or the classic items such as potions and ethers. Otherwise, this type of game would be too easy.

Yeah, that's probably true. I'm sure I'll be quite happy with it when it's released, whether it's heavy action or a reworked version of the familiar FF system. I'd love to see an extensive menu of attacks, magicks, techniks, and items again, but it seems like SE isn't much interested in trying out the depth of FFXII's battle system again. I've never played Kingdom Hearts (gasp!) but I love Dissidia, which sounds like a close approximation. I'll get over it :P

If you liked dissidia, then you'll love KHs system. Because its just as action based, but still menu based. You should try it out.

My thoughts exactly when I saw the big plaza with the circle in the middle and all those monsters in the midst of it! "This is going to be like God of War!" :O Ha, ha...I am impressed...especially, I think, since everything in the trailers happens at the beginning since they are just taking the crystal, which I think is the first step that will cause the trouble, struggles, and whole journey of the game. But I still have in mind that these are only trailers - only when the game comes out and gets reviewed as well as receives the awaited approval of fans as another great FF will I be bought. It's been a long time and the trailers are pretty impressive...this is SE's big chance to show us that they still have it with FF. If it doesn't go that way, there will be a great deal of disappointment and loss.

I also, after rewatching the trailers, noticed Noctis's red bottoms of his shoes, lol. I actually kinda like it! Makes him stand out in battle. xD

Yeah it certainly looks impressive visually. You can tell the developers are trying to create an 'Advent Children' battle style. The way Noctis has his different weapons semi-transparently hovering around him looks awesome. I liked how he could 'teleport' with one of his swords too. Big, big departure, but it's to be expected. We won't have the Sakaguchi/Uematsu days back.

I need to try and appreciate the new FF games as what they are; rather than comparing them to the titles of old. Having said that I doubt I'll ever be able to appreciate XIII/XIII-2. Even if they weren't FF games I would still hate them no doubt. Fingers crossed that XV will blow our socks off. I'm really, really hoping for an epic story and a less linear progression. I hope this isn't another 'fugitive' or 'A to B' adventure.

Yeah it certainly looks impressive visually. You can tell the developers are trying to create an 'Advent Children' battle style. The way Noctis has his different weapons semi-transparently hovering around him looks awesome. I liked how he could 'teleport' with one of his swords too. Big, big departure, but it's to be expected. We won't have the Sakaguchi/Uematsu days back.

I need to try and appreciate the new FF games as what they are; rather than comparing them to the titles of old. Having said that I doubt I'll ever be able to appreciate XIII/XIII-2. Even if they weren't FF games I would still hate them no doubt. Fingers crossed that XV will blow our socks off. I'm really, really hoping for an epic story and a less linear progression. I hope this isn't another 'fugitive' or 'A to B' adventure.

YEAH, YEAH! I agree! I am the same way. ^_^ But I *DO* expect a Sakaguchi/Uematsu type of story, music, and feel even in future titles without them, LOL, because that's what FF is about. I heard the guy writing the story was a part of FF7, 8 and 10's stories, so hopefully we will be getting an "epic" story with great characters. I agree completely with your second paragraph - will never be able to look at and appreciate FF13. It's just...a bad game. -_-

Also, I don't understand what this whole thing about FF15 going to feel like a spin-off and not a real FF just because of the new battle system. I get that FF was always turn-based, but come on - this is what people mean when it comes to accepting change in FF. It's now a main FF - that means it's a main FF. I'll have to admit that even though I prefer the ATB system, turn-based battles are getting kind'a old and they're slow and boring sometimes. But the downside to these new action-oriented battle systems is that controlling one party member, even if you can control all of them, would be better since there is so much going on so fast. But, I don't mind; as long as certain elements about the old battles remain (magic, summons, attack, item, small menu, etc.) and feel like old FF's with a great story and characters, that *is* an FF to me. For that, I gladly accept the change and the challenges.

The group picture they have of Stella has her face a lot more sculpted and her eyes look slightly bigger to me. She looks a little different than in the last trailer, but that's because all we have is this non-moving portrait of her to go on :lew: I'll wait until they show her in game or something to leave a firm judgement. She's still pretty though.

My guess would be that the collage of characters at the end is her family and friends on the right vs. Noct's friends and family on the left.

Prompto looks different as well. They all do though...they look more refined and maybe maybe it's the graphical enhancements from the new engine.

Idc though, I preordered this today and I look forward to finally playing it on my new console :ari:

Last edited:
You're saying the new Stella looks older?

FFXV Stella clearly looks younger, and they've attempted to make her look cuter. The result is sadly something that looks generic. At least the Versus Stella stood out because she looked realistic. This one has big, bulging eyes that are almost auditioning for a part in an anime.

Altair is in this game! Well, if FFXIII-2 has an Ass Creed DLC costume, and Lightning Returns is taking gameplay elements from Ass Creed, heck, why not put Altair in the game? Nothing is true. Everything is permitted!

ffxv_by_kinarisugawa-d68mazw.jpg

I don't think she looks that different to be honest. The changes really aren't that huge. They might not have changed her face shape all that much from the looks of it, and it's not the clearest view because of the light. I prefered her hair when it flicked out though, but really I don't think they've altered her that much regarding her face from what we can see. Her eyes were always pretty large, the problem is you seem to be comparing the new model without expression with the old model frowning and generally looking displeased. Her eyes look slightly more round, but I don't think they're any bigger than they were before, and that could be down to her expression. I think Noctis has been changed more, and I like his newer model better.

Attachments

• ffxv_by_kinarisugawa-d68mazw.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 163

I don't think she looks that different to be honest. The changes really aren't that huge. They might not have changed her face shape all that much from the looks of it, and it's not the clearest view because of the light. I prefered her hair when it flicked out though, but really I don't think they've altered her that much regarding her face from what we can see. Her eyes were always pretty large, the problem is you seem to be comparing the new model without expression with the old model frowning and generally looking displeased. Her eyes look slightly more round, but I don't think they're any bigger than they were before, and that could be down to her expression. I think Noctis has been changed more, and I like his newer model better.

Really? You cant see the difference? Her lips, her eyes (definitely her eye) and her nose.

Really? You cant see the difference? Her lips, her eyes (definitely her eye) and her nose.

How can you tell her nose is different? You can't see it for the lighting, the size is about all I can make out and I think it looks the same size. Her lips I think look the same. Her eyes, like I said might be slightly rounder, though that could easily be her expression. They're definitely not any bigger like some people are saying. I just think the only obvious difference is her hair, the rest looks pretty much the same. If you picture the new hair on this face:
Stella_nox_fleuret.jpg

StellaXVPortrait.png

I do think she's pretty much the same as before. Seems pretty spot on to me.

I think because in the trailers she was often wearing a very serious expression or frowning, which makes the features look different, it makes the eyes and mouth look different the most. But when comparing shots of her where her face was more neutral, there's minimal difference.

How can you tell her nose is different? You can't see it for the lighting, the size is about all I can make out and I think it looks the same size. Her lips I think look the same. Her eyes, like I said might be slightly rounder, though that could easily be her expression. They're definitely not any bigger like some people are saying. I just think the only obvious difference is her hair, the rest looks pretty much the same. If you picture the new hair on this face:
Stella_nox_fleuret.jpg

StellaXVPortrait.png

I do think she's pretty much the same as before. Seems pretty spot on to me.

I think because in the trailers she was often wearing a very serious expression or frowning, which makes the features look different, it makes the eyes and mouth look different the most. But when comparing shots of her where her face was more neutral, there's minimal difference.

Her nose looks like its pointed upward, rather than the straight nose she had. You can tell by seeing her nostrils. Her eyes are far different. And her hair...obviously. its like if cloud had a buzz cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back