With the excitement for Episode Ardyn I went pack to play the Royal Pack

SullenIrishHeart

Gil
So with Episode Ardyn coming out in a few days I decided to jump back into the game after nearly two years to see what has changed. Turns out lots has changed and I've gotten pretty bad. Playing on my 100hr+ fileI decided to document it

I've occassionaly dropped back in to play the weird tie-in events (Just to get the Free stuff :P) But beyond that I still haven't found that much that's really won me over.

I think part of it is that I struggle to go back to games once I've beat them, I'm just not in the same mind-set as I'd having just gone through the experience - Which is also why going back to the DLC episodes hasn't resonated with me well.

I have said that when FFXV is complete I will go back and experience it all again from start to finish... Sadly the lack of a proper Season Pass Two & the conclusion being told in a novel has sort of put me off. I am kind of interested in the Ardyn DLC but just lacking the enthusiasm knowing about the novel. I did buy the Royal Pack upgrade on sale recently, so that was less of a burn.

On a side note, how are you meant to even experience Chapter 13 now... it has an additional content in the main menu... I just don't know how I can integrate that into a playthrough.

Just looked up the novel after you mentioned it, oh dear.... I'm the same no matter how much I love a game I rarely revisit it. Mainly because I buy physical and trade in once I've finished to get some money towards my next game.

I don't mind replaying a game. I do that from time to time, especially upon the build up of a sequel, but going back to a completed save after the experience and when I've played another game in-between just sucks me right out of the experience - once I've moved onto another game I am done!

I'm still keeping a firm eye on Episode Arydn - It's yet to show up for Pre-Order on the PS Store and is out in 5 days! I'm still king of hoping it is free, the least S-E could do for this mess of a production. They have an event announcing the DLC next week too, I'm curious to see if they announce a Definitive Edition to Final Fantasy XV:

I was joking the other day that we will probably get an Astral Edition after Episode Ardyn. Would not be surprised at all now. I would be surprised if the DLC is free though especially if this is one of their last chances to make a bit more profit.

Back