Ugh, how much longer?!

VillainFan42

Ex-Soldier
Gil
FFXIV
Arza Ra'qael
Free Company
Prelude of Light <Lux>
Okay, so I only fairly recently got Final Fantasy XIV. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I got its expansions as well, though I had to drop it for a few months due to college. I beat the main story and I just finished the 2.3 story content. How much longer until I get to the Heavensward content?

I want to just follow the main plot thread about the Braves, the political shenanigans in Ul'dah, and all that good crap, but it feels like most of this content has been padding it out with a bunch of Primal fights. (Though I will admit that Good King Moggle Mog XII, may he rest in peace, was absolutely balls-to-the-wall insane and probably my favorite boss in the game.)

How much longer is it going to be until I get to the Heavensward story? On that note, how long (in hours) will it generally take to beat Heavensward's main story and get to Stormblood, and how much grinding will I have to do? (I'm currently Level 52 with a half-full EXP bar, In case you're wondering.) I just want to get to Stormblood before the 3rd expansion drops in 2019, dang it, and I don't have all the time in the world to play the game!

I don't know how much longer you have to Stormblood because I am at the tail end of the first story. I still have to get threw all that mumbo jumbo between A Realm Reborn and Heavensword. But if the next expansion is not until 2019, I think you can probably make it to your goal. It will be a grind but I think it is doable. It has taken me a long time to get where I am at because I have been working on my Land and Hand craft characters. I would like to be at end game by next expansion drop too.

I just got to the Heavensward MSQ. My character is at Level 54 and I'm just about to head off for Dravania. Since the quests are only at level 51 right now, I think I'm leveled enough that grinding won't be an issue for a while.

The Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone should give you the full run down of the amount of quests left until the next expansion , Stormblood. Took a quick look, and yeah, it's a few to be honest. I can't tell you how long it should normally take to clear the content as every player goes at their own pace and then things like adulting and life get in the way. From where I stand, I've been playing FFXIV for three years and still haven't cleared Heavensward because of botany and queues, so yeah, it really does depend on your ability to not be side-tracked :britt:
Anyways, you can check the lodestone >>here<<, hope it helps!

I'm sure you've got through it by now, but goodness. Just reading this thread gave me PTSD. The stretch of patches going from 2.1-2.5 or whatever are soooooooooooooo boring. Which is such a shame because Heavensward is amazing. It does get better.

If SE are serious about bringing in and retaining new players, they really need to trim some of the MSQ fat sooner or later (In such a way that doesn't cost the user 50 dollars, that is).

Back