SPOILERS Similarities between FF IX and Star Wars

As Busta once said, Final Fantasy is NOT Star Wars.

I fail to see the comparisons. I always have. I see comparisons between two stories with great plots but it's not a copy/paste job no matter how you slice it. Besides, it's not uncommon to have a villain in a story about good and evil! You can't just claim that every bad guy is copied from Darth Vader because he's bad and he's a guy! That's stupid! It's like saying every FF villain is the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood because he's mean. It's an idiotic statement.

And tell me, how is Zidane... Han Solo? Did Han have a tail? Was he a born and bred killing machine that went defunct when he was sent to another planet? Did he participate in the festival of the hunt? Did he hang out with a women who could conjure summons because they were born in a tribe with special abilities? Did he use a fucking sword? No. Oh but yea... he was a thief. Fuck. Must've been a Han Solo reference. Gosh you're clever. You know the Pink Panther? Robin Hood? François Villon? any character Martin Lawrence has ever played? Yea, they're all based off of Han Solo because they stole things and like women. Dear lord, someone call the authorities for copywrite infringement!

Dude, get help. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way but you should vent your anger somewhere else. It is a fact that Final Fantasy is indirectly inspired by Star Wars. Biggs and Wedge are reappearing characters throughout the FF series and those names are lifted directly from the Star Wars universe. Don't get me wrong, I love both series and I'm not bashing in anyway. In fact, I find it very interesting and heart-warming that two of some of my favorite worlds inspire one another.

Oh and you need to learn to chill out. Smoke a J or something. Zidane is probably somehow influenced by Han Solo not because Han has a tail or nothin but because both are bandits that travel the world(s) conning and thieving. They both speak in colloquial ways and both are very skeptic.

It is a fact that Final Fantasy is indirectly inspired by Star Wars.

lol No it isn't. That's absolutely lunacy. How can you even come to that conclusion? The original game is about four light warriors restoring four elements in order to save the world. The main villain's plot has to do with him basically summoning himself from the past. There's absolutely no ties to Star Wars. Yes, in later games there are small references, but that does not mean one series is based on another. Read about the origins of Final Fantasy first before you make such wild claims.

Dude, get help. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way but you should vent your anger somewhere else. It is a fact that Final Fantasy is indirectly inspired by Star Wars. Biggs and Wedge are reappearing characters throughout the FF series and those names are lifted directly from the Star Wars universe. Don't get me wrong, I love both series and I'm not bashing in anyway. In fact, I find it very interesting and heart-warming that two of some of my favorite worlds inspire one another.

Oh and you need to learn to chill out. Smoke a J or something. Zidane is probably somehow influenced by Han Solo not because Han has a tail or nothin but because both are bandits that travel the world(s) conning and thieving. They both speak in colloquial ways and both are very skeptic.

Less of comments like that please. People are entitled to their own opinions without having to retort to petty insults. Further personal comments will lead to infractions

And that goes to everybody

guys calm down its a game alright
POINT IS to this thread there are some or little simlilarites
but both are VERY DIFFERENT in several other ways
the stories may collide in some way
but the worlds never will and isnt ever going to collide
saying they are bascially the same
cause they arent just a lil similiariies thats all
dont call ff9 star wars...doint call Star Wars Final Fantasy
=]

Back