Interview with the Vampire

Lexine

Gil
Finished reading a few days ago and I must say; this is the best book I have ever read in my life.
All my friends read twilight, and I decided to give it a go. I got through one third of the book in a week as I was forcing myself to read. Then I gave up.
That night, my dad recommends Anne Rice and we but it the next day.
I have no regrets reading this book, and look forward to reading the Vampire Lestat.
The story is rich and and deep, while exploring the problems and moral issues of being/becoming a vampire.
What do you guys think?

I just started reading interview with the vampire a few days ago and I fell in love with it.It has a way better story line that you can follow other than Twilight which in my opinion is like the fan fics of vampires falling in love with humans and honestly dont like th humanxvampire crap i like more of the action and stuff Louis talks about.

Yeah, The Vampire Chronicles blows that Twilight series. I haven't finished the entire series, only Interview With the Vampire, and most of The Vampire Lestat I got to read while I was in jail, I was lucky they had it in there, Anne Rice is a bad ass author.

I agree. I've been reading the Vampire Chronicles since sixth grade, and they are my favourite series. I forced myself to read Twilight, and tried to read the second, but couldn't get passed the first couple of chapters. Vampires to me are like Lestat, Louis, and Armand--they have their flaws, while still being immortal and beautiful creatures. The vampires in Twilight, from what I got when I read them, are immortal and beautiful, and that's it. They're too perfect, in my opinion. Plus, they sparkle in the sun?! I just didn't like Twilight at all, and I could go on for hours complaining about it and how better the VC are, but I think I'll stop here.

I started The Vampire Chronicles recently, they have been fantastic up to now. I read all the twilights, and hated them all, why do the vampires sparkle in light there practicly indestructible there perfect in every way, i cant stand the twilights, i thought they couldent get any worse then the movie came out!:jtc:

Claudia is awesome and one of my favorite characters ever, I think...I couldn't really stay into the series after Interview because she wasn't in it anymore...The overtly gay, self-loathing kind of vampire gets kind of stale after a while.

It's been a while since I read though them all, but I did like most of them. Anne Rice is a much more talented author then Meyer, and she brought deeper themes into her novels. She didn't just write romance, she wrote it all.

I would have to say I would be surpised if any one would say Twilight is better, as most fans of it that I knew are also fans of Rice's. Then again, someone might prove me wrong.

When you think about it, Twilight was wrote for the teen audience of the day. Anne Rice wrote that series in the 70s I believe, so she knew what audience she was writing for and I doubt it was for teens back then. Twilight is teen fiction, Interview with a Vamp is seen as horror material. You cant really compare the two together, they just inlcude vampires, thats really the only connection I can see.

Both are good, but the Vampire Chronicles is the best. In the twilight books you can only read from the perspective of Bella, Jacob, or Edward, though the last one is not that official. In the Vampire Chronicles we get the perspective from many characters and the emotions that they go through.

Back