I just beat KHII! Here is my review.

Scarlet

*wobbles*
Veteran
Gil
There were a few threads that were made recently beating a Final Fantasy game. I've created a thread where you can post about your review on the game.

If you have beaten Kingdom Hearts II for the first time...Please post your Final Fantasy I reviews here.

If you beat Kingdom Hearts II already and still want to write a review, then go ahead.^_^

Ive beaten It around the day it came out. I though It was very fun and I enjoyed It. So far It's the best game for PS2 and now that the PS3 system It out Kingdom Hearts II would be the best for PS2 for life now. :D

I really love the forms Sora get through the game which was really cool because I don't think that's In many other PS2 games and It was amazing how you can fuse with you team mates. No one can beat that. (DBZ does not count.) :P

Before I say anything else, I want to say that this game has one of the absolute WORST fanbases out there. And even though I really like the game, I’m not one of those fangirls (even though I may come across that way in this review). Anyway, here is my review.​

Oh, and I also wouldn’t recommend buying this game unless you have beaten the first game. Otherwise this game may make no sense to you whatsoever.​

Storyline: 10/10

A bit better than the storyline in the first game. This time, Sora has to face a new threat: nobodies. The nobodies are a bit hard to explain, but you’ll just have to play the game to find out what they’re all about. Plus there’s a group of people called Organization XIII; pretty self explanatory as to how many of them there are. I actually feel bad for them, simply because the majority of them are the victims of yaoi pairings and whatnot. :P

Anyway, I will say that the story in this game is a lot more complicated than the first. I still don’t completely understand parts of it, but maybe they’ll sum up some more of it in yet another spin off.​

Characters 9/10

In this game, there are more original characters than there are Disney. The only problem is that some of them seem to be based off of FF characters. And if it’s not that, it’s characters that Square Enix just plain pulled out of their arses. I still really like the characters, though. Here is what I thought of each one…​

Sora: 9/10​

I pretty much summed up what I think about him in my KH1 review. If you really want to know my thoughts, go read that.​

Kairi: 7/10​

WHAT DID THEY DO TO HER?!​

Seriously, Kairi is now the typical teenage girl, and she’s got a ridiculous little Japanese schoolgirl outfit to boot. Okay, so she may not wear it all the time, but still. Oh, and she must of used hair dye because her hair is now brown.​

Overall, a bit more annoying than she was in the first.​

Roxas: 9/10​

His situation is kind of hard to explain. Anyway, you start playing as him in the beginning of the game. Roxas has a few friends, but they really aren’t that important, so I won’t rate them. :P Anyway, he may be a bit airheaded (and he’s voiced by the king of airheads, Jesse McCartney!) but he’s overall a nice character. And as much as I despise Jesse McCartney, I thought he did a good job doing Roxas’s voice.​

Overall, I felt really bad for Roxas. Why? Just play the game to find out!​

Namine: 8/10​

A girl who likes to draw yaoi. At least that’s what I got from it. Seriously, she likes to draw pictures of boys holding hands. Like Roxas, she also has a very sad story. Oh, and she has a connection with Kairi, but I won’t say it. I thought she was a really sweet girl, although sometimes she got pressured into doing the wrong things. And no, it’s not drugs. :P

Organization XIII​

I won’t rate them as a whole, but instead each member that’s in this game individually. Anyway, here’s a basic summary of them: they want something. Something big. I’m not entirely sure why they’re villains, as what they want is something that they should’ve gotten a long time ago.​

Anyway, the members are a bit strange. Each person has a certain power/element and a weapon. For instance, one person’s power is time and his weapon is cards. Read on to see what I thought of each person…​

Xigbar: 7/10​

He’s probably somewhere in his forties, yet he thinks he’s some Californian surfer dude. He also has some really CREEPY lines. One time he even says, “Have you been a gooood boooooy?!” He also has a pickle fetish and wears an eye patch. Oh, and his power is space, but God knows what his weapon is.​

Xaldin: 5/10​

KILL IT WITH FIRE! This guy is just plain creepy. He has MUTTON CHOPS and dreadlocks that look like a male version of Lulu’s hair in FFX. Oh, and you know what’s hilarious? He gets PWNED by Belle. Yes, Belle from Beauty and the Beast. He uses spears and his element is wind, which actually kind of goes hand in hand with each other, unlike the other members powers and weapons.​

Saix: 8/10​

Meet Saix. Saix doesn’t like you. Saix doesn’t like anyone. I have no idea what this guy’s problem is, when fighting him he yells, “RRRRAAAGGHH!” about every two seconds. Must be that time of the month again. Seeing as his power is moon, he’s probably an addict of Sailor Moon. I still like his character, though, due to him being obsessed with something which I won’t mention. (I know you’ve gotta be sick of me saying that, but I don’t wanna spoil anyone’s game!) Oh, and Saix quite possibly has the best line in the entire game (not!): “We’ll ensure he receives the maximum punishment.” *shivers*

Oh, and to all you Saix fangirls out there, he is NOT a puppy you airheads!​

Axel: 9/10​

Quite the amusing little fellow. His hair makes him look like a porcupine, and likes to stalk children. He, like all the other members, has his pedo bear moments. But who could resist the: “You’re coming with me, conscious or not!” Anyway, I thought he was a really good character despite all that. In fact, in some parts of the game, he seemed kind of…sweet.​

Oh, and he has really bad mood swings. “You really do remember me this time? I’M. SO. FLATTERED!” he then proceeds to summon a wall of flames. ‘Kay.​

Demyx: 9/10​

What do you get when you combine GIR, Zell, and Billy Ray Cyrus? This dude.​

He’s one of those characters that all guys call a fag and all the girls fangirl over. I liked him simply because he was amusing. He’s such an idiot that the other members have to give him NOTECARDS to tell him what to do.​

On another note, he’s one of the few organization members who isn’t a pedo. He is, however, a queer. Whenever you run into him, it always sounds like he’s trying to chat you up or something. 0_o Plus he likes to scream, “DANCE WATER DANCE!” all the time. He also has one of the oddest weapons in history. That’s right people…it’s the sitar. *head desk*​

I still really like his character, though. This is due to him being an oblivious moron and a spaz with mad dance moves.​

Luxord: 7/10​

Cool dude, I guess. He’s the guy who’s power is time and likes to gamble. He has a British accent and…likes to gamble? Oops, already said that. Did I mention that he likes to gamble? There’s not much else to him, to be honest.​

There’s also another Org. XIII dude who I can’t mention. I give his character an 8/10, though. The other members are in Chain of Memories, by the way.​

On another note, I do wish the members would have had more screen time. Demyx and Xaldin only show up twice, and that’s not enough, in my opinion.​

Moving on…​

Locations 9/10

They’re a hell of a lot better than the places in KH1.​

Hollow Bastion is no longer a creepy castle, but a town in ruins. That’s a lot better in my opinion.​

I’ll admit, there are a few sucky worlds out there, but the other worlds that were out there were really good. Here’s what I thought about each one…​

Hollow Bastion: 8/10​
Olympus Coliseum/Underworld: 8/10​
Disney Castle: 6/10​
Timeless River: 7/10​
Atlantica: 5/10​
Twilight Town: 10/10​
Port Royal: 6/10​
Beast’s Castle: 6/10​
Land of the Dragons: 7/10​
Halloween Town: 6/10​
Agrabah: 7/10​
Pride Lands: 8/10​
Spare Paranoids: 4/10​

And once again, there’s one place I can’t mention. Sorry!​

Gameplay: 8/10

A big improvement from the gameplay in the first game, in my opinion.​

It didn’t feel as repetitive, and it was just funner (I know that’s not a word :P) overall. I’m not entirely sure why, maybe it was because the battles were a lot more fun, but either way, the gameplay was just better overall. Onto the battle system…​

Battle System 9/10

Not as repetitive as the combat was in the first game.​

First, magic doesn’t have “charges” like it did in the first one, and that’s a big upgrade, in my opinion.​

There are also these things called “reaction commands” which makes battling a LOT easier. Sometimes you can join in with the Disney characters (or Auron :P) to perform special actions. For instance, if Mulan is in your party, you can have Mushu set off firecrackers. And if Auron is in your party, you can use his overdrive.​

Length: Short to Medium

Pretty self explanatory.​

Beginning: 9/10

First, the beginning FMV was gorgeous. The best opening I’ve ever seen in my opinion.​

I thought the beginning was pretty fun! Some may not like it, due to it not having many battles, but it’s still fun!​

There are several different things you have to due here. Some of these things include whacking Vivi with foam battons, checking out rumors around Twilight Town to see if they’re true, making money, and if you want, you can hop onto a skate board and do flips and stuff. A wee bit odd for an RPG, but still pretty fun if you ask me!​

Oh, and it’s not Sora you’re playing as in the beginning, its Roxas.​

Ending: 7/10

The last string of battles was odd. I’m not going to say why, it just was.​
But the ending FMV beautiful! Like the first game, it made me cry! I’m just an idiot like that.​
I actually liked the ending of KH1 better, though.​

Graphics: 9/10

The graphics improved a bit from the first, but just a little bit. I guess Sora looks a bit more like a teenage boy and less like an eight year old. Didn’t improve too much, though.​

FF Characters in this Game: 7/10

Epic. Fail.​

I mean Seifer acts kinda like he did in FF8, but not entirely. He still calls people chicken wusses, and is still arrogant, but he’s still a bit out of character. He’s about fifteen this time, and is now a total wigger. Fuijin and Raijin are with him, too. Raijin is still trying to act all gangsta and cool with his, “Ya know?” and Fuijin still speaks in one word sentences.​

God knows what they did to poor Vivi. I mean, he looks the same and all, other than the fact that his hat has a mouth, but his personality…oh jeez. What did they do to him?! You’d just have to play the game to see what I mean, he’s a total brat.​

Setzer, like all the other characters in this game, is a pedophile. He is also the champion of a game called “Struggle” in Twilight Town. When Roxas is about to face him, he says in a seductive voice, “Let me win and I’ll make it worth your while.” GOOD GOD, Square!​

And I always thought of Cid as a hick, but Jesus Christ, whoever did his voice needs to be sliced and diced! He sounds like cotton eyed joe. And wtf is up with his outfit?​

Squall is still emo, but something doesn’t feel right…​

Yuffie, Cloud, Aerith, and Sephiroth all seem the same, but something still feels wrong…​

Music: 8/10

I thought it was pretty good. There are a couple songs that I like, one being the opening/ending song, and one is the battle theme that plays when you fight a couple of the Organization members.​

Overall, I thought the musical score was good.​

Cutscenes/Dialogue: 7/10

I think you all know what I think about the dialogue in this game. ;P It’s not cheesy like the dialogue in the first game, just…perverted. But it will only be perverted to those with a dirty mind, which is pretty much everyone on the internet. I know I’ve pointed out these lines before, but here they are again…​

“We’ll ensure he receives the maximum punishment.”​

“You’re coming with me, conscious or not.”​

“Let me win and I’ll make it worth your while.”​

“Have you been a good boy?”​

“Do you like this?!”​

“Gawrsh Sora, you sure are growing fast” Goofy also says this while looking down at Sora’s lower regions.​

“Another dream about him.” ß Said by Roxas about the mystery man in his wet dreams​

And if it’s not stuff like that, it’s stuff like…​

“That was undeniable proof that we totally owned you lamers.” (It seems Seifer has been on the internet too much)​

“DANCE WATER DANCE!”​

Onto the cutscenes…​

The cutscenes were pretty good, although sometimes they made no sense whasoever. For example, in a few parts of the game, Roxas and his friends meet up with each other on the top of a clock tower and eat sea salt ice cream together. And sometimes the ice cream just appears out of NOWHERE. There must a mini fridge up there or something.​

Some of the other stuff includes Demyx running away from Sora while yelling, “Run run away!”, the main villain changing into a pimp/cow suit after he was just in an armor suit that must’ve weighed about thirty pounds, and Genie cuddling classic Disney villain, Pete.​

Overall: 9/10

Overall, I like this game a lot better than the first. The characters are better, the gameplay is a LOT better, and the battle system is easier to use. At least in my opinion.​

But like I said earlier, don’t get this game unless you have finished the original Kingdom Hearts! This game will make no sense to you if you don’t!​

So, yeah, that’s my review. I know I’ll probably get flamed for this, but it’s just my opinion. If you like the first game better, that’s great, it’s nice to know that someone out there liked the game. Just don’t go all fanboy/fangirl on me. Kthxbai.​

I am not gonna get in too deep, but I really did not like this game, and the only reason I liked it was because of the love of the first one.

I am as big of a Kingdom Hearts fan as there is, and it is easily my favorite PS2 game, so I was in no doubt excited about KH2, and I of course had high expectations, which of course I am sure had something to do with not liking it as much as I wanted to...nor really even loving it...its more of a Crush than anything, and the only reason i have the crush is because of the love I have for the first game, if not for the first game I wouldnt even want to touch KH2

I'll start with the story, why I did enjoy it for the most part I could see the game was trying too hard, and i could not understand the dull beginning as Roxas...for one I cant stand his character, he brought NOTHING to the table, I understand his role in it all, but the player never needed to play as him...also if I remember correctly, having the word "photograph" stolen to where no one could say it is beyond lame, yes I understand its a disney related game, but thats even a low blow for them. my second complaint with the story is it seems everyone gets a keyblade now...i was surprised donald and goofy didnt get one...this is in response to Kairi getting a keyblade..just seem the game was trying too hard

The gameplay is where the game loses me the most, this game is extremly easy, even compared to the first game and on the hardest difficulty felt like the normal difficulty for the first game. Combat has been simplified from the first one to where the hack and slash does get old...no longer are there dodge role, or guard..i think there is a half bastardized move or something like dodge role. I loved the guard function, it was a good way to block an attack and on some enemies a successful guard open them up for an attack. Also the special attacks have been taken out, instead there are these crappy reaction commands which is nothing but button mashing Triangle. Had this been in the first game it would have been okay, but since KH came out, games like God of War have come out where there are a variety of different buttons that must be pushed for the reaction command, making it a bit more challenging, but not in KH2...its just mash triangle...the only time I really died was on two bosses, the one on the bridge at the Beast's castle which was actually tough, and then the last one because the controls were horrible and sluggish. I like the dual wielding keyblades and overdrives, but overdrives really arent all that important given the game isnt too difficult.

Lastly let me get to the worlds, it seemed it was a mix bag of new and old...and what is worse most of the worlds felt really small. The bosses werent tough either minus 1...in the first game they were well designed and a few required different magic techniques to be used to defeat the bosses, not in KH2 though...u can get through mostly by hacking and slashing..

The only bright spot is the graphics, they did look good, but over all this game is not that great and the first one blows it away. The game tried too hard to be epic and such and with that was a lot of its downfall, the drop down in difficulty, less options for battle and such really took away from what could have been another fantastic game.

Story 8/10

it was pretty good from wat i saw but it was still kinda corny at times.

gameplay 7/10

it stepped upa little bit from last year with the triangle action button and more usage of the square button but still a total button masher

difficulty 7/10

this game was way easier than the first i felt like i was 12 and they wer telling me wat to do for everything and i mean everything. the first game the normal was pretty hard for being normal and expert was insane (for me anyway) and for kh2 normal was too easy i didnt even die i would imagine how easy the easy difficulty is :P and expert isnt that hard either it probably shouldve been considered normal.

Graphics 9/10

i love the cutscenes and how the keyblade you hav equiped is in the cutscenes too.

overall 8/10

i liked it and it will always be one of my favs for the ps2

the only thing i didnt like about this game was sepiroth. why make the game, and make a boss harder than the last one in the game.??!

Gameplay: 9/10
Not too bad ,but it lacked something Square about it.

Characters: 6/10

same old people and the same old sits. Roxas and namine come into the pic to give it life though.

Overall: 8/10

Even though this game had many extreme gay parts(atlantica!!!) but the solid gameplay out of Square Enix comes into something other than the game god final fantasy.

FF games Ive completed:

3,4,5,7,Crisis Core,8,9,10,12,X-2,tactics,tactics advance, tactics advance a2, crystal chronicles, and crystal bearers. thnx for reading!!!

Storyline ; 10/10. I love KH storylines. It shall always be so. :] Except for the whole Roxas is Sora thing. Confusing. ^^;

Characters ; 8/10. Kairi irritates me now. She seems less upbeat. D: Most of Org. XIII sound like pedophiles, and Sora seems air-headed. Also regarding the real form of that tanned white-haired fellow,
I love Riku. Just. Love. The new character design. I mayy have spent quite a while in The World That Never Was randomly fighting just so I can fight with him. :3 *irritating fangirl noises* He's like worth 5 points from this 8. ;D

Graphics ; 10/10. Opening sequence is just win. :-)

Gameplay ; Nice, especially with the new Reaction commands. 9/10.

PS ; can i point out, the last fighting scene -
with the bad guy almost directly copies from the Sephiroth/Cloud scene from Advent Children? Where they're running up and down that building? D: Anyone else see that?
PPS ; Claudia's review was awesome. :] very detailed.

Lol i really enjoyed this game very much, much more than KH1, except for the beginning when you had to be Roxas and do all the jobs.
But at the end of the game when you figured out that Roxas was just a nobody.
I almost spit tea out my nose.

First, use spoiler tags

second, as this is a thread for reviews, posts are required to have a lot more depth to them, include ratings etc

Definatly the best game i ever played. Ok, maybe not THE BEST, but but very damn good !! ;s I enioy this game just like KH1 . I think KH2 is kinda better then first One, but just a little. :)

I generally Think the story was 10/10 it had me constanly involved and the story was never repeated simular situations.

I would give the characters 10/10
I thought the whole deal with twilight town and roxas and sora been connected was an intresting development.
Namine I dunno what was with her but she was very interesting
Organisation xiii I thought they were good villians certainly beat the villain in the first game. With Axel been my favourite.
Mickey mouse He was silent for much of the first game but he played a greater part and made the story even more interesting.

Music (9/10) generally I liked the music santuary been my favourite song out of any of the kingdom hearts games and ff games i have played. Dearly beloved been a very intense menu start. Simply when i loaded up the game for the first time i was convinced that this would be a favourite.
Then theres the disney music which i liked from when i was younger.
Lazy afternoons (twilight town) which i thought was very relaxing and cheerful.

Battle system (8/10)
I didn't like that at the end of the game you could be lvl 50 and complete it.

However The battle systems special attacks where more interesting in this game.
sora having two keyblades instead of one.

Concluesion for those people who have never played this game i suggest you find a way to purchase it and play it a.s.a.p.

i think the second game is just great, it is a million times better than the first one, in the second one i really enjoyed playing it, and even the forms that you get are great, im happy that i got through it and everything, it could have been harder though, because i was able to collect everything before actually getting to the end, but i would still give it a 9/10 overall

peace out

Not to brag or anything but ive beaten the game like 10 times goofey, donald and my sora are all lvl 99s!:) if you havent clocked the game you could ask me and i would be happy to give you tips.

This is my ONE of my favorite games. It is pretty easy if you played the first one, but some added on features, and the graphics, and voice acting are AWESOME!!! Personally, its definatley one of the best games out there!

Really pleased with it, was unsure after KHI how the story could continue and still be interresting but with the addition of the nobodies it was great. Still alot left unanswered, but playing the new DS game so that should be explained

If you can get a hold of Chain of Memories (or Re: Chain of Memories - the PS2 remake of the game) then that'll help to fill in the gaps, as will Days. Beyond that, the remaining questions are the ones we're still asking.

The hardest boss in the game is never the last one in Squares games in fact is a common trait in most RPGs. I thought this game was absolutely amazing, has a compelling story, great characters, good soundtrack and great gameplay. It is a bit easy I have to play it on proud mode all the time now but doing the extra stuff is a big challenge e.g. Sephiroth. I loved the first but this is so good KH1 is completely unplayable to me now. The flow of the game is what makes it so great aswell as seeing Sora develop (love his new outfit) using the foms esp. Anti + final. 98/100 very few games beat this for me.

I love it! I finished it many, many times and I still started again a few days ago.
Beginning with the good things...

+Great story
+Great music
+Nice characters (at least most of them...)
+Good worlds
+Gumiship wasn't THAT bad
+Many funny moments
+Drive! Getting stronger is always awesome...
+Situation commands (is that what they're called in english? the ones you activate by pressing triangle...)! Made many things easier.
+Limits. Nice, nice. Though I'm not good with most of them xD
+MP-Charge! I'm a total magic-freak, really. It's awesome to run away for some time and then have all magic points back :3
+Switching characters IN BATTLE! Finally...I hated it when I had the wrong character in my team in KH I.
+Camera. Again, FINALLY. First I hated to move the camera with R2 and L2, secondly it felt better moving it to ALL sides. That helped in many situation

...and ending with the...not so good things xD

-Optional enemies...I mean, WHAT? Only Sephiroth? Mwaaa ._.
-Difficulty. It's too easy, even on proud-mode xD

But still, this game gets 10/10 points from me :-)
Well, yeah...That's it, I guess.

Probably the best game I've ever played besides FFX. I loved the reaction commands. The music and the cutscenes were good. The only character I really hated was Pete. He is really annoying. Other than that, I really enjoyed playing through this game.

Back