How do you organise your time?

i have a lot diffent jobs everyday.
so i have a note, a simple one , i write every jobs at last night or first thing after drinking tea . and mark them when i finish them.
it may seems hard and too many topic at the moment , but "how do you eat an Elephant?" Answer: bite by bite.

First, I write every single thing down that I need to do.
Then, I write in the times that are hard set, such as my work shifts/work schedule, any doctors appointments, etc, things that I either can't change or prefer not to change.
If there's transportation time in the between of the things I'm doing I try to calculate by a general estimate how long that transportation will take and consider that and write that in.

Then I start looking at things I need to do and start organizing them according to how much time they will take me to do on another generalized estimate,, and start organizing them from most amount of time to complete to quickest to complete.

Then I start at the thing that will take me the most amount of time, and gradually work my way backwards.

Once the whole thing is organized, I then see if there's anywhere I can offset some time as I'm going by getting ahead by starting ahead if I can, roughly between a half hour and an hour earlier than I'd originally planned. As to accommodate for factorial variables of randomness and/or oversights on my behalf of my planning.

This way, whatever doesn't get done on that particular day, will take considerably less time than the things that took longer to do, on the following day. Picking up where I left off if need be, and depending on what it is. Which lessens the loss of time on a fallback Plan B to resume the next day if things go South.
And also this way in the best case situation I can tighten up time in between or potentially even get ahead (depending on what it is I've got planned) and/or wrap up early since I started a half hour to an hour early.

Back