Final Fantasy X Character Ranking

Agreed Gabranth, for me, when I tier these listing, it's not about "what I think is the best" or what "i personally like or prefer". I tier these characters on what they can bring the forefront table, and what pushes a character over another character.

I didn't expect some characters to be placed where they where, however, they are there for a reason, and for good reasons. Some of you are arguing Rikku placement, but all I have to say is this. Show me something that proves that she's up par with characters like Yuna, Wakka, Lulu or Tidus. Because I have her at maxed stats, I have everything for her, she can't do anything that anyone else can't

At the end, everyone can do basically the samething, because once everyone has gone across the sphere grid, everyone can attack+support. Reasons why in a game like X, what seperates you from the rest of the cast is Damage Potential or in Yuna's case, instant kills.

Top Tier.
Wakka
Rikku
Tidus

Higher Tier
Yuna
Auron

Middle Tier
Everyone Else.

Potentially Rikku is the most powerful character.
And Tidus is only up there because of Blitz Ace, I despise him.

How is Rikku top tier? She has no moves that can do multiple 99999. Where as Yuna - the Magus sisters are potentially the most destructive force in the game. Passado take off 99999 15 times....

Lulu is definatly not bottom tier either, Ultima + Fury = Multiple Multi-99999 spells.

Agreed Gabranth, for me, when I tier these listing, it's not about "what I think is the best" or what "i personally like or prefer". I tier these characters on what they can bring the forefront table, and what pushes a character over another character.

I didn't expect some characters to be placed where they where, however, they are there for a reason, and for good reasons. Some of you are arguing Rikku placement, but all I have to say is this. Show me something that proves that she's up par with characters like Yuna, Wakka, Lulu or Tidus. Because I have her at maxed stats, I have everything for her, she can't do anything that anyone else can't

At the end, everyone can do basically the samething, because once everyone has gone across the sphere grid, everyone can attack+support. Reasons why in a game like X, what seperates you from the rest of the cast is Damage Potential or in Yuna's case, instant kills.
It's really difficult for me to comment on where Rikku stands based on your version of the game due to the fact that I don't live in the NTSC regions. But I can tell you, she was a major help against the Dark Aeons & Penance. Her Hyper Mighty G mix gave you a sense of security and her Eccentric mix enabled overdrives to charge up twice as fast thus helping to end fights quickly. If anyone's ever fought the Dark Magus Sisters, you will understand why you need to have that gauge charge up many times.

As for the Arena Creations, when I have Anima and Magus Sisters wiping the floor with these monsters, who needs Rikku's mixes.

On an NSG game however, which is judged upon the lowest stats possible as opposed to this tier ranking's criteria, she would be closing in on Yuna. Trio of 9999 and Nul All mixes are a godsend. With Lulu's Fury Overdrive, you're looking at 16 x 9999 damage max with Trio of 9999.

How about one of Rikku's more destructive moves, copycatted :monster: She > Yuna and Lulu
And what would that be?

Last edited:
I say Wakka and Yuna are the top characters. Attack reels and summons are better than anything else. I really don't know much about Rikku's overdrives cause I never used her too much....eventhough she's one of my favs. About Lulu....well I've played the game on an emulator and because I did not have an analog stick you can guess how handy she was to me. Tidus was good only with blitzace and slice&dice....otherwise he was useful for his speed(to flee from the malboros:lol:) . Kimahri...the weakest in my opinion. And Auron was my cannon fodder: high HP and huge damage.

Yuna's Passado can only deal around 40k against the dark aeons and penance.

Rikku can make unique mixes with her overdrive which are extremely useful.
In a NSG game she is essential.

Auron.....Ouch, this is going to annoy some Auron fans. Everyone looks at Auron as the uber tank guy.

Uhh-huh. You're looking at an auron fan, so yeah i think aurons the uber tank guy who is more powerful...how is that even possible!>_<

He does have banishing blade which deals full break and goes through anything ^_^

Yuna's Passado can only deal around 40k against the dark aeons and penance.

Rikku can make unique mixes with her overdrive which are extremely useful.
In a NSG game she is essential.

What I want to know is this, do you have all your characters at 255 maxed stats completely? Not only that, but the Aeons also need to be at 255 maxed all stats as well, in order to achieve 99,999 damage per hit.

However, I cannot say much, since I never played the version which had the "Dark Aeons" as you say, or the International version, my tier listing is derived from the one within the US only. Even regardless, Yuna w/ Yojimbo for Zanamoto would still be undisputed in any version.

Yes i have everyone's sphere grid complete apart from auron, kimahri, and lulu's. My yuna's top end aeons have nearly max stats in everything.

Even having 255 str with sandy, her passado cannot deal 99999 damage because of the Da's and penance's high defence.

well i agree wid tha tier except for ur decision on auron im not startin nyting here but it all depends on ur lvl for ur characters
my top 3 for my party are:-

tidus - good for attackin in speed nd strength
yuna - her aeons r powerful nd her healin is essential for battle
auron - very powerful at attackin armoured fiends nd bosses nd good for armour break nd ting lyk tha

i also used wakka for attackin flying fiends nd lulu for elemental fiends nd rikku for stealin useful items i rarely used kimahri as most ov his attacks u av 2 collect from different fiends which take up 2 much time

Last edited:
I totally agree with the list, except maybe Rikku. She could do with going one place higher. Other than that its correct, i dunno how you manage 12+ hits with Fury though..most ive had is 10.

Back