Help FFXIII: (PS3) Freezing During Chapter 8 Cutscene and then won't load.

Valdfellgar

Gil
Hi, I'm new. And today I'm seeking help getting my copy of Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 to work =( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I made it all the way through the boss fight in Chapter 7, as well as Chapter 7's final cutscene. After that the game prompts me to save, I do, and it loads up Chapter 8. This is where things go bad. The cutscene loads and Sazh and Vanille show up. However, while the subtitles show their dialogue (Something about if she's seasick or not) neither character speaks. Their mouths don't move and there's no audio for the dialogue (the music still plays in the background). After this the game goes to black, but the music continues. I waited a bit and nothing happened. I found I could still pause and I also still had the option to skip the cutscene. I tried skipping and finally the game froze entirely, although I could still access the PS3 menu and such and easily quite out without force shutting down my console.

I go back to load my save just before the cutscene and it won't load. It gets stuck while recapping the story, remaining forever on the spiny disc icon saying "Now Loading" again I can access the PS3 otherwise just fine, but I cannot get the game to progress.

I figured it was the disc, so I went to GameStop and bought another disc. Well this one has the same exact problem. It doesn't matter what I do. If I redo the Chapter 7 Boss fight and try to start from there it still has the cutscene issue, and if I try to load from the save just prior to starting Chapter 8 it freezes again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've just started really enjoying this game through the last two chapters and I'd be saddened if my only option was to purchase the game on Steam and start all over.

Back