Aria Di Mezzio Caraterre

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
What are the words to this song? Its the opera song if that helps :P it's been driving me insane because all i can remember is the "oh my hero" at the start. So i was wondering - what ARE the words to this song and is their any significant meaning to them?

Here ya go. Did you want the whole opera?

Maria:
Oh my hero, so far away now.
Will I ever see your smile?
Love goes away, like night into day.
It's just a fading dream.

I'm the darkness, you're the stars.
Our love is brighter than the sun.
For eternity, for me there can be,
Only you, my chosen one...
Must I forget you? Our solemn promise?
Will autumn take the place of spring?
What shall I do? I'm lost without you.
Speak to me once more!
Vision of Draco:
Come, Maria. Follow my lead.

[SIZE=-1][Maria dances with the vision of Draco for a few turns.][/SIZE]

Vision of Draco:
Ha ha ha ha......
[SIZE=-1][The vision fades, leaving behind a (real) bouquet of flowers. Maria takes the bouquet and walks up to the balcony, where she tosses the flowers into the night sky.][/SIZE]

Maria:
We must part now, my life goes on.
But my heart won't give you up.
Ere I walk away, let me hear you say
I meant as much to you....
So gently, you touched my heart.
I will be forever yours.
Come what may, I won't age a day,
I'll wait for you, always...

Last edited:
I love the song but do any of you guys recognise the music in this video.. I know its the same theme but I've been trying to get this one for ages.. anyone heard of it?

Azzie Edit: Ha! Sweet potato pie... you can use the "YouTube" brackets to stream it in the topic

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a video you get for beating VI on the PS version. I don't think it has a name and I'm not sure if you can download the music anywhere unless someone recorded it and put in online. I think the best place you can find it either way is in that video.

Considering I don't think a version exists as a separate track, your best bet is to go to vixy.net and type in the youtube URL to the video, and choose to extract the audio and save it. The sound file will have all the shooting and stuff from the video clip, but that can't be helped.

Unless of course, there is an actual audio track that can be found.

There's WORDS in this song?!
I can't stand it, but the motif at the start, it's almost exactly the same as Aeris' Theme.

well technically, aerith's theme actually sounds like this song. since this game was indeed made before FFVII. but anyway this is one of my favorite songs in FF. not much else to say

There was an interview or press release where it was explicitly stated that Aeris' Theme was based on the Aria.

Back