[14/12] FFXV first dlc to feature a surprise plus info about more areas in the open world *spoilers*

Rey

♥Solo noi due insieme per sempre♥
Veteran
Gil
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
Terra
Yuna
FFXIV
Ellia Lombardia
FFXIV Server
Lamia
FFXV has been out for two weeks now and already Square Enix has been hard at work trying to fix the problems with storytelling and character closure as shown by a detailed roadmap for their plans last week. According to a special book that was given to fans and streamers, the dlc of FFXV is set to fix the large gaps about Noctis's friends in the story and bring the world closer in a way that will "blow our minds"

final_fantasy_15_episode_gladios_concept_art-2.jpg

First off, Square Enix detail Episode Gladiolus in the book. About halfway through the main game, Gladiolus leaves to take care of some "unfinished" business and it left the play wondering how he got another scar on his forehead. This first dlc entitled Episode Gladiolus seeks to rectify this by showing what exactly Gladiolus was doing. Nope, it sadly is not Glauca from Kingsglaive but fans will be very excited to hear that SE officially confirmed this enemy pictured above as Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh is a recurring villain in the series that takes on different forms per game and usually has many different weapons. Why would Gladio want to fight Gilgamesh? The answer will unravel in this first dlc as part of the official FFXV season pass.

Square Enix also spoke about the subject of more areas in these Episodes. It isn't hard to speculate where these open world areas will be but according to Square Enix, Episode Gladio will feature all new content that cannot be reached in game by playing as Noctis, and it is the same for the other bro episodes. The content currently in development is set to bring the world of FFXV together along with all new explorable areas "in greater depth" that it will "blow the mind"

Source: Novacrystallis

I'm excited to see how this turns out but cautious about it, Arkham Knight in particular talked up their DLC on different playable characters and barely did anything with it. Hope Square does something more story based and worth the money. Gladio is the man and to see him just disappear during the main game and come back with literally 0 explanation was a bit aggravating, I knew it would probably have to do with the DLC coming out and sure enough this confirms it. Playing as Gladio and taking on Gilgamesh of all bosses will be great but I hope there is more to it than a small closed off area and a single boss fight. I might not be the biggest fan of DLC when it feels like it was cut from the game before launch but I can live with it, hope this turns out good.

It also may hint at where the Prompto and Iggy DLCs are going to take place too since they're going this route. Spoilers: Perhaps what happens to Ignis in Altissia and then Prompto when he is separated from everyone later in the game, maybe even get to see some more of the Empire from his perspective. It all kind of fits too good to not be that.

I might not be the biggest fan of DLC when it feels like it was cut from the game before launch but I can live with it, hope this turns out good.
Unlike the long term plan, the individual episodes aren't necessarily cut content from the game. Gilgamesh was not intended to be part of the game, but after Tabata asked the audience at a past ATR if they would like to see him, that changed things. The core FFXV experience does revolve heavily around Noctis, especially since party switching got removed a decent amount of time before the game released. I don't know how difficult it would have been to code separate instances within the game where the player takes direct control of the other Chocobros. While there may have been a concept of this being formed before the release, it wasn't actually getting worked on as FFXV took priority.

Awesome thanks for clearing that up! At the very least it felt like it was cut with the way some things were so abrupt storywise with the chocobros but I guess it fits the grand scheme of things pretty well. They probably just cleared a spot and planned around those spots for the DLCs, hopefully it turns out good.

Awesome thanks for clearing that up! At the very least it felt like it was cut with the way some things were so abrupt storywise with the chocobros but I guess it fits the grand scheme of things pretty well. They probably just cleared a spot and planned around those spots for the DLCs, hopefully it turns out good.
Joining your expectations :)
Hopefully they aren't going to mess everything up...

Back