who is YOUR favorite team in FFXII?

I found myself using Vaan, Basch, and Penelo. Two fighters and a Red Mage who could both heal and light up the enemy.

Honestly. I tend to keep all my characters levels even. So when I went through the game, I didn't really enjoy all the different characters because it was just more leveling and char switching that I had to do

Mine is Vaan,Ashe and that guest (Reddas) / Basch

But everytime you play with the guest the guest is better.............It's Reddas............everytime you have a guest character with you for some reason it's better............And your meant to be the one who saves the world.

Vaan to attack
Ashe to heal
Reddas to KILL
or if I don't have him then I use Bacsh to eventually kill

Penelo, Ashe, and Balthier.
I like Penelo as my main, mage support, with the really good staff thingy. haha. it's been a while since I played it.
Then Ashe with the Zodiak Spear for heavy damage.
And Balthier with the Masumune and Genji gloves for nice long stringed hit combos with decent damage.
Having said all this, I will add that I have all Licences.

I used Vaan, Balthier, and Basch throughout the game. I would've put Ashe in Vaan's place but I was stupid and didn't know you could trade the annoying little prick out. I guess my favorite team WOULD be Ashe, Balthier, Basch, and Vossler (if you could've kept him).

My favourite team would have to be Vaan, Basch and Penelo as I ended up turning them all into heavy armour wearing tanks with enough HP to withstand the attacks thrown at them later in the game :P

I leveled everyone equally but during boss battles I always used Vaan, Ashe and Penelo. I have no idea why, haha. After a while that ended up being my favorite party for some reason. I usually had Vaan and Penelo attack while Ashe healed, which worked pretty well most of the time.

I recently restarted playing the game, and my party is a Balthier, Basch, and Fran party. Works out well for me, so far.

I use Balthier, Ash and Vaan. They just ended up being my Alpha team from the moment i started. I grinded them and used the others sparingly. I kept the others at a good level but my A team never had a problem winning a battle (Except Gabranth)

Vaan,Ashe and Basch theres somethink which i like between there strengths and i dont know why i dont use the rest

My favorite team is Vaan, Basch, and Ashe. I remember early in the game, Basch learned to use an badass axe that I found. He was killing things left and right. :awesome: Then I'd have Ashe and Vaan doing all the magic. I would have probably put someone else in Vaan's place, but I feel like I can lead a party better when I'm him, lol xD.

I use Vaan, Balthier and Fran, normally. Fran is my healer but she also attacks when I don't need to heal, Vaan is my close combat fighter and Balthier is my long-range attacker.
I level my whole party up equally though, and the other 3 have (virtually) parallel roles. For my reserve team, Basch is my close combat fighter, Penelo is my long-ranged fighter and healer and Ashe shares healing duties with Penelo, but is also a second close-combat fighter.
I rarely use my reserve team in important battles, though, only if one of the main party is KO'd.

I started to use all of the characters to balance them out, but now i primarily use Fran, Ashe and Penelo.

Atm Fran is the strongest and i equip her with Swords and Maces, she is also a decent black mage and she is my primary Time/Arcane mage. i equip her with heavy armour and a leather hat.

Ashe is a good all rounder IMO. i use her as my thief and she is a decent healer. Her magic is not as high as penelos atm, but she can still do some decent black magic damage. i also use her as my primary green mage. also her mp is high. i equip her with katanas mostly, but i sometimes swith to a spear. I equip her with heavy armour, a leather hat and thief cuffs.

Penelo is my white mage and ranger. her healing abilities are increadable and she is quite handy with a bow. her hp is lower than the others, but she is still decent in battle. I equip her qith leather armour and a mages hat.

Basch and Balthier were always in my team because they were my favorite characters. For the third I would alternate between usually Ashe and Vaan. Penelo and Fran didnt get much use in my last playthrough.

The party I use always consists of the lower levelled party at the time.

I generally go with either Vaan/Balthier/Fran, Ashe/Basch/Penelo (In order) or Fran/Ashe/Penelo, Vaan/Balthier/Basch (Gender).

I level my parties equally though, I tend to say, get to level 15 with one party then switch to the level 14 party and continue with them. It's always worked quite well for me, i'd have gone mad if I had anybody who was underlevelled.

I used Ashe as my leader (White/Black Mage), Basch (Tank/Close combat), and I had Vaan (Support magic/Buff-Debuff and whatever else i needed, he just poked people with his Zodiac Spear after that :))

I love how this game is so versatile you can create nearly limitless classes for your characters, i try and mix it up and try something new every time i play this game, but that one above was my most effective.

Although I level everyone equally, and any combination can pretty much do the same thing, I tend to always use three out of Ashe/Penelo/Fran/Basch. I don't really use Balthier or Vaan outside of training.

Penelo is always in my party though, since she's the only one I try and do something different with. Everyone else is just a melee fighter, and thus interchangeable, while I make Penelo a pure mage, since she has the highest magic stat and best MP for the job.

I level my parties equally though, I tend to say, get to level 15 with one party then switch to the level 14 party and continue with them. It's always worked quite well for me, i'd have gone mad if I had anybody who was underlevelled.

I do the exact same thing, in pretty much every game I play.

Sometimes I feel that XII is too open-ended in terms of character development, but I also admit that I probably wasn't very effective in my LP distribution.

I've recently started a new game, so I'll see how I go. I'm going to try and have one character who uses no magic whatsoever, probably Balthier. Fran will be my support mage/ranged attacker, Penelo will be my pure mage, Ashe will be a offensive mage/close attacker, Basch will be my tank, and Vaan...

Well, Vaan will be the leftovers. :awesome:

I'm also going to try and pay more attention to using the different classes of weapons, something I woefully ignored on my first playthrough.

Even though the game is set up as to you can have each character have a different set of abilities or have the exact same methods of every other one (except for espers and mist actions), I use Vaan, Balthier, and Ashe as my main team; Fran, Penelo, and Basch being the second one I use in case of an emergency. I usually level up one team by a specific number of levels (whether by 10s or 20s) before I switch to the second team. That way its not too irritating to use time to level up the other team at an even level.

Ashe as my main, Use her as a Mage Knight/Paladin, give her Body Slot Heavy Armour, Head Gear is a Mage Gear. Sword and Shield.
Great for long range, Close Combat, and Healing

Basch as my Tank, Sword + Shield and I usually Beserk + Bravery + Haste + Protect/Shell + Decoy

Penelo as my Mage, She deals Devastating Damage x.x

Back