Toys you had as a kid

I was obsessed with beanie babies! :wacky: I probably ended up with about 200 in total... I'd always ask for one as a present when offered! I remember my parents once bought me the ginger cat Nip from a garden centre or something. The lady who sold it to us told me to watch out for the Americans because (she claimed) they'd steal it. I remember thinking 'how terrible that they'd steal something from a small child!' Strange of her to put that idea into a kid's head. :(

I was also fond of lego. My grandparents had so much of it! and so I'd always end up making a house or two when I visited them. :) One of the best Christmas presents I ever had was a massive lego castle! :D So many nooks and crannies, and the dragons were awesome. :) Back then, they looked like this:

legoCASTLE4818.jpg

Similarly, I was fond of playmobile, and was given the playmobile doll's house as my main Christmas present another year. I enjoyed pretending that playmobile animals had taken over the place. :lew:

I had three barbies, but wasn't as fussed about them as others were... I actually didn't like the fact they were stereotypically girly, even at the age of 7. :S

I had many, many toys as a child, I was very spoiled by my dad and he'd get me whatever toys I liked but I remember my favourite toys out of all the badass things i had were the ones you get out of these chocolates called Yowies.

yowies.jpg

Those are yowies the chocolate with some of the toys in the front, they also came with Australian animals that youd build and they'd have moving heads etc. I freaking loved them :|
My sister and I collected hundreds of them and used to play lame games with them.

I also had the original and cool Polly pockets which were actually pocket sized unlike the new Polly Pocket who is rather large and comes in a very large house.

Sylvanians
applewood-whole.jpg

I loved the shit out of these things :rage:
I had a house and a cafe and they had the cutest little furniture items and stuff, the little forks, omg I miss being able to play with these things :sad3:

Anyway, those were my favourite toys probably.

I had many, many toys as a child, I was very spoiled by my dad and he'd get me whatever toys I liked but I remember my favourite toys out of all the badass things i had were the ones you get out of these chocolates called Yowies.

yowies.jpg

Those are yowies the chocolate with some of the toys in the front, they also came with Australian animals that youd build and they'd have moving heads etc. I freaking loved them :|
My sister and I collected hundreds of them and used to play lame games with them.

I also had the original and cool Polly pockets which were actually pocket sized unlike the new Polly Pocket who is rather large and comes in a very large house.

OMG I totally loved Yowies as a kid. How could I forget! Oh and Polly Pockets. <3 I had heaps of those. >.<

I also loved Smelly Bellies! They came in an egg to preserve their smell. They had all different types of smells like banana, chocolate, popcorn etc etc.

au_collectibles6701.jpg

Furbies! I loved my Furbies. <3

I just thought of another one and forgot it straight away. :hmmm: Will have to have another think and come back.

imagesCAMS2I4X.jpg

Polly Pocket

Polly Pocket! My favorite was the Beauty and the Beast castle. I refused to go anywhere without it. :wacky:

Also, I remember having a Secret Beauty. I looked it up online and it's all Victoria's Secret, I couldn't find any images on it. It's a barbie doll dressed as a fairy that has a string (...I think. If not it was some sort of device) you pull that makes it fly.

I loved Barbies so much, I had about six of them. I remember cutting their hair at some point. :wacky: I also had Bratz when it became popular.

I also used to play Legos and Lincoln Logs. Biking too. Fun times. :griin:

yowies.jpg

Sylvanians
applewood-whole.jpg

Oh wow! Yowies, Polly in my Pocket and Sylvanian Families! I loved all of these too! :D

My friend and I both used to collect the Australian animal figurines. I remember us arguing over the dingo... We both really really wanted it... I remember also having several otters, pandas, tigers, a wombat, snakes... a lynx... all sorts. :lew:

I had two Polly in my Pocket sets, I think. One of which had a small cat inside, smaller than my little nail! They really were very very tiny... I managed to take good care of them, too. I found them the other month and the sets were complete. :)

I loved Sylvanian Families but didn't collect that many. I had some koalas, but I can't remember having much else. :( I've wanted to buy a few more recently. They're a little freaky, though. o_O Having said that, the hedgehogs are ADORABLE! :x3: I just can't afford £20 for a set. :blink:

I was a big one for board games as a kid- I remember inviting a boy called Bruce and a girl called Laura round to play this game

pic123354_md.jpg

They weren't my usual friends, but my mum was so pleased that I was mingling with other kids that she let me play it- she didn't like me getting the games out for my usual friend

I also owned this:

pic822880_md.jpg

I probably got this game when I was about 3...I was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid...

Which reminds me...I had one of these too

$%28KGrHqUOKisE33%2177PUwBOJG1mdMzg%7E%7E_35.JPG

I also had a green Earl Sinclair lunchbox!

Last edited:
I was never into like action figures at all.
Lego and k'nex were my favourite things ever :lew: That was all i ever played with. If i wasnt playing with that id be out on my bike.
Same.

We had TONS of lego sets. I mean TONS.

I had polly pocket, My little pony, Care bears, Skip it, transformer toys, me and my sisters had gotten disney themed barbie dolls too one year for xmas--I got Cinderella. :ryan: I had brats dolls and My Scene (Chelsea was my fav)
61K0CLLdwsL._AA1000_.jpg

51X9oOOpGVL.jpg

(had both of these)
and these glorious things that me and my sister adored. Q-Q Briarberry is what they're called.

Briarb162.jpg

I think if I were to receive this as a gift from someone I know IRL I would probably get all teary eyed because they'd know how sentimental they were to me. And to recieve one as a gift would mean it was thoughtout not just some quick present.

I also had rag dolls and a kitchen set my parents got us girls when we were 5-7 years of age.

And lastly I had quite a good amount of collectable Breyer Horses.... THAT MY BROTHERS BROKE :raye:

The only toys I ever played with as a kid were wrestling action figures (I called them dolls.... LOL) I never got into lego or racing cars or anything like that. I also think this is where I started to like creative writing, because I always used to have to come up with storylines for them. Good times :)

Back