The Magic Of Final Fantasy VII

darkmast508

cloud lover & cid fan
Gil
Now, I made this thread to discuss how Final Fantasy VII enchants the mind. A few hours into the game (Maybe 10) I was at the golden saucer and had just
Gotten out of prison
. And I knew that it wasn't long until
Aerith dies
, and then I recognized that I had formed affection for the characters, Square made them as if they were real people, and I felt great sorrow in my heart, feeling sorry for Aerith and the pary as hey witness her death, I felt sorry for Red XIII, being believed to be the last of his species, I felt sorrow for Cloud, with the muddle of memories from different people lurking his mind.

What do you think about this, how did the game enchant you?

Last edited:
I feel exactly the same way you do. This was my first RPG experience when I was a child so it really enchanted me everytime I played it. The first time I played, I immediately felt sorry for Cloud in many ways. Witnessing Aerith's death brought me to tears almost and I was literally sad for two whole days and refused to play the game ^_^;. As I got back into playing it again, I felt a deep connection with Yuffie and what she was REALLY trying to do besides steal your materia. These characters are a part of my life in a sense and will never leave lol.

It didnt really enchant me. I felt sorry for Aeris and Cloud really. But as for enchanting, nah.

This game was remarkable for my tastes. Definitely ushered me into the role playing genre and forever hooked me on videogames so long ago. Looking back now, I wondered how gamers today would react to this aging game and having 'Carrier of Hope' play and admire it as well as seeing you enjoy it, I now know that the game has an enchanting effect for the majority as well. This game was the first game that I actually read. (I was 9-10 years old) This was also the first game in which I would play mass hours to in a day. And even still, as of today, its my favorite game. A part of me doesn't want a PS3 remake because of it flops, it will tarnish this game and if its a success, the old version will be forever forgotten.

I dont want a remake either but I'm sure that if it is remade then it wont tarnish it. Of course there will be additions to the story which will screw up the original story, but all in all it will remain FFVII. I guess I just love my "Lego Cloud" lol.

Great to see that Epsilon feels the same way as me.

But a remake will probably ruin the feel, because nowadays, people want less interesting characters and more action in games. (believe me, I've made games.)

Of course I do Darkmast lol. It was THE first RPG I've ever played in my life. After I beat it the first time I was so compelled by the game that I played it over and over, each time finding out something new and interesting about all of the characters. Like how Tifa's other childhood pal that the game introduces in the beginning doesnt show up at all after the first hour lol.

I actually haven't finished the game XD.

But, it's OK. I have the strategy guide(Last one on sale in Singapore!)

Vincent

I have to say I felt a connection wit Vincent. Im not sure what it is, maybe i was just intrigued by his mysterious aura about him, maybe it was his attitude. But in a total heterosexual way i fell in love with Vincent. As his story unfolded and we discovered how he fell in love with Lucrecia, and his almost immediate connection to Sephiroth. I cant understand how he culd possibly be an "optional" character. Vincent plays a crucial role in the story ... His mind is filled with determination, regret, grief, love, hate. So much emotion in one character ...

Just goes to show how much thought they put into the games storyline. I mean missing out on Vincent meant missing out on an important piece of the story and puzzle that is Jenova. It'd be like going to Wutai without Yuffie, you'd begin to wonder what it was doing there out in the middle of nowhere wouldnt you..?

Agreed, it means it's also vital to spend more time searching around areas for things that could make the game more interesting.

well, then it means people are more willed to buy other games, believing that they will have about the same amount of game play, thus, Square soft gets more money.

EDIT: But, yes. It means that if you spend more time in the game, you find out more.

But lets get back to the original topic now, shall we?

Before that, I digress;

firstly, lol at the initial entry at this thread, blanking out the gold saucer scenario then saying aeris dies. comedy gold.
secondly, the bradygames guide to FF7. Its crap. I recommend just watching videos on youtube of people playing through certain sections, You've got someone at least who's documented their whole low-level/no materia/initial equipment game from beginning to end. It's free, and you've got a forum of people right here who can help you with answering any problems you might have, about anything in FF7, anywhere :p

And thirdly, a tangent of the title; the magic of FF7? really. Some materia was absolutely pointless, such as, Mystify, Seal, Throw (unless you had some yuffie-shruiken fetish) and the like. Why bother with it? Eugh.

Yes yes, the game touched me, my eyes watered at the end while I listened to coldplay - shiver, unintentionally making my own music video.

Back