Announcements Server Move Complete

Do you find the forums loading better and faster than the old server?

• Oh hell yeah!

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • What, are you kidding me?

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Looks the same to me.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Don't really know.

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting this white screen that kind of dead-ends the transfer when I click links sometimes. I'll refresh and the site will be up instantly, but wanted to let you know.

Otherwise, it is faster. GJ Big Boss

I wish i could change my vote...:worried:

It is indeed faster but there´s an error message appearing from time to time and sometimes the screen goes completely white...:worried:

im getting the "white screen of doom" as well :P
NVM on no problems :P now i have to send a message 3 ties in the chat box to get it to go through. :'(

Last edited:
Ive missed this place so much! Its great to see it up and running smoother and faster! And its a relieve to me also as I thought it was my PC being slow *pats PC and aplogises*
Well done DB! As for donations, I'll get back to you when Im paid and rent is sorted. Sadly it wont be alot as Im a student away from home and making a loan and wages last is a task with £314 a month to pay!

Ok, i take back what I said about it being faster. Im sure there a reglitches but I might as well report them.

I get the blank White screen everytime I click a link. Sometimes I get the message about ioncube thing that was up during the server move. And the chat is lagging like hell. Worse than usual. Instead of a lag every 10-15 minutes. I have to refresh every minute

Eek, sorry to report that Im experincing trouble now lol.
Im getting the white screen with:

Site error: the file /home/ffforums/public_html/vbseo.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Sometimes Internet Explorer pops up saying it cant load the page and once it loaded up a white page and there was some text on it, but I quickly pressed back.

Its when I try to edit or click links.

Well it's faster at loading pages at least, and we don't get the "server is too busy" message anymore at least :monster:. There's probably just a couple of things to finish up with from the move that's causing the error message thing.

I haven't noticed a difference yet. I am still getting the white error message and although I am not getting the "Server too busy" anymore, the chat seems to lag with me every couple of minutes even when there isn't that many people.

The lack of the that blasted "Server is busy" message is good but still some lagging issues although I would imagine that sort of stuff happens after these moves.

The lag definitely seems to have disappeared, but as already stated, there seems to be a lot of errors when clicking on links.

Niiiiiice Darkblade, thanks for the update and move on the server. Awesome to be up and running a lot faster now.

Sorry; Potentially stupid question here; Is it possible to make the server even faster by deleting everything in the spam coliseum, and the drama guide? Not get rid of those sections altogether, but start anew.

I guess all we had to do was wait a bit. All of those error messages seem to be gone now. The server's running smoothly for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back