Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Hey Folks,

I might be a bit lazy this morning (don't know if a thread has already been made) but thought this might be a good thread for those of you who wish to share your New Years Resolutions. I understand if some people might think theirs personal, but I could care less about whether mine is said or not... so here I go.

1) Of course to get married to my fiance in April (not really a resolution) but with everything going on, it will be a godsend when it is over (the wedding).

2) Lose the last little bit of weight I got around my stomach area. It will be a feat with this cold arse weather, but I'm going to shoot for it by mid march.

3) Run 2 more half marathons here in the spring time. I got one here in Oxford to run, and also going back to Nashville to run in the Music City Marathon.

4) To visit my niece a bit more often, since I've been very bad about that this year. She's already almost 2 and I've seen her a total of 2 times this year.

5) To help out where I can with organizing city sports. Most folks look up to me to schedule things around oxford, since I previously helped out with Soccer organizations and Softball. So since our Oxford Park Commission has seen low attendance in the past 2 years, I might try to get more people involved for sure.

1) Find a job! Im half way there being an xmas temp, but theres a chance I wont be kept on.

2) Find a place of my own. I love my grandmother, but I fucking hate my granddad and I want out of here ASAFUCKINGP!!

3) Take my driving tests. I only have 2 years left on my profisional and I need to get my arse in gear.

4) Get into college and do an English or criminology course. Problem is the cash to get into a college :|

5) Find me a new man!! Not some twat who flirts with EVERYONE with tits ...

6) Lose weight. Im a size 15, which isnt bad as I was a size 22 after a serious breakup! I just want to lose my lovehandles, the boobs are staying!! And yes I mean a 15. Its a pain when your tops are 14 and jeans are 16 rofl XD

7) Have fun. If I get invited out and have the cash Im going. Im almost 25, I may have already lived half of my life and not enjoyed it!!

I know I'm generally too lazy to stick to a resolution, so I don't bother making them.
I also don't see why it we have to wait until the start of January to make goals for ourselves. New Years Day is just another day as far as I'm concerned.

I tend to find New Year's resolutions rather pointless because by the end of January, I'll just ignore or forget about them completely xD- but I'll have an attempt at fulfilling some this time.

+Learn to drive- I'm 17 so I should be able to do it- I must remember to avoid stalling the car at all costs.

+
Actually revise for exams this time- Compared to GCSEs, A-Level exams are truly vicious acts of educational torture imposed on people

+
Canvass for the UK general election- Being an AS Politics student, I feel that I probably may have to do something with such a crucial event coming up. I'm not saying which party I support though!

+
Be nicer to my friends- I can sometimes be unintentionally hurtful, so I'll watch out for that.

1) Stop swearing

2) Get a job

3) Save UP money

4) Get a plane ticket back to Toronto

5) Finish up my cosplays

6) Actually STUDY for tests so I can get into a good university : D

I also don't see why it we have to wait until the start of January to make goals for ourselves.

The reason why Im doing this now is because Im almost 25 and I need to do these things and stop putting them off. 2010 is the year Im determined to turn my life around. This year has been the worst one for me.

Why not make those promises right now? The sooner you start, the better. The fact that people see the need for a set date is half the reason they fail at whatever it is they're trying to achieve, because your heart clearly isn't in the right place.

Im just werid and would rather start it on a new year. New year, new start. Its something daft with me. I really cant do any of them untill Jan anyhoo if I see I get my job or not. The whole weight thing Im currently already trying, but xmas dinner threw that outta the window XD And Ive already started going out more and having more fun. Its just money that I need and for that I need to see what my current employees decide. After that I can get the ball rolling on the rest.

I think it has to do with people as a whole doing it at the same time. A lot of people have a hard time having self motivation so when they know people have similar goals as they have, they are more willing to commit to it.

The only motivation I can have really comes from myself. I am with a smoker and a drinker, so for me to cut down on both (taking smoking out of the picture) has been generally tough this past year.

I have found some running mates around the Oxford,MS area so that has helped immensely but with it being cold as it is, it's been rough. Also the sun goes down a lot sooner in the Winter...

So I see no harm setting goals when everyone else does at the start of January.

I have a few that I would definitely love to accomplish this year coming.

1. The first one is to stop swearing all the time. Every now and then wouldn't hurt, but I used to be so good at not swearing and lately I don't know why I've started up so badly.

I've already started to watch myself a lot of late. There's definitely no need to wait for the New Year to start that one. XD

To eat more healthy foods than what I have been of late.

It's started to make me pretty sick lately, not eating the right foods. So the main reason I'm taking this up is because my health needs to get back on track.

To exercise. I really don't like it when people tell me that I don't need to exercise. I may be skinny, but that does NOT mean I am fit.

I think that starting to eat healthier would feel even better if I added in a few hours of exercise every night.

I have plans to buy an exercise bike and sit it in front of the T.V, that way I'll be distracted and won't notice if it starts to get too much or not. I'm also gauranteed to exercise for at least and hour and half, seeing as I watch movies every night and that's how long they usually take.

1) WATCH THE ANIME ON MY COMPTUER! I HAVE 120 gigs of it and I haven't touched it. -__-

2) Broaden my musical horizons. I can still be a music snob and do that right? I don't see why not.

3) Clean my room. Just because I'm laid off and living off of unemployment doesn't mean I have to live like a slob.

4) Find an MMO and stick with it. Four MMO's on my comptuer? Seriously? Just effing pick one. >_<

5) Try to be nicer. Sure, people annoy me, and I'm socially awkward as hell, it doesn't necessarily mean that I have to be an ass about it.

6) Go through my picture folders and sort them out. It's like fucking Helms Deep in there.

7) Join the Air Force. Hellz yeah!

8) Get used to the concept of a hair cut. FUUUUUUUUUUU- :rage:

9) Post more on FFF. I've been here for how long and haven't hit the 200 mark yet?! Seriously, wtf?

10) PLAY THE GAMES YOU HAVE ON THE COMPTUER OR DELETE THEM! I have like 60 games on this thing. Why am I not playing them?

11) Finish Devil Summoner 2. So what? The game literally kicked your ass. Try a little harder and pick it back up.

EDIT: 12) Finish that book I've been working on. Seriously, this has been going on for how long now? Just two years?! Bleedin wanker. -__-

That's all for now folks.

Last edited:
1) Smoke more. Smoking makes you cool, so smoking more will make me cooler.

2) Drink more. I enjoy drinking so I should do more of it. Flawless logic.

3) To do something differently. I don't know what, but a change would be more interesting.

Go on a diet
Quit Smoking - which ive pretty much done now anyway

theres nowt else really, im generally happy with the way my life is going so... though i DO need a job, butits nothing really urgent now as ive got IT shit Im doing andi can workvoluntary work around that to givemeshit to do ...:hmmm:

I don't like or care much for resolutions, but I recently decided I really should practice more on my mouth harp, so guess that could be called a resolution.

I don't really see why you should wait until the start of a new year to make important changes in your life. If it is better, why not do it right away?

Well, so far I've stuck by my resolution to never steal again since age 9, so I guess I'm pleased with that.

As for this year? I don't feel like there's anything for me to push to improve on.

1. Get out and about some more. I've lived in South Australia for almost a year now, and I still hardly even know anyone. I have my girlfriend to keep me company and I talk as often as I can to my friends back home in Denmark, but I really do need some male friends to socialize with face to face or I might go insane!

2. Lose more weight. Since moving to South Australia, I've gained 20 kilos. I've managed to lose 10 of them again so far, but the rest really needs to go too.

1. Stop Smoking (for the fourth year in a row of failing)
2. Goto Manchester...ahem
3. do more charity work - I really enjoy it and its beneficial.
4. Sing every Morning, A good sing song makes everyone feel good.
5. Settle down - Life is a bit hectic at the minute, so i plan to make it all calm down and just settle...

My number 1 resolution is to stop shopping so much. I don't know how much money I've spent on clothes in the last six months but it's a hell of a lot. And maybe try and get back to eating healthy. I've been eating way too much junk lately. >_>

I rarely keep my resolutions but I'm gonna try to go for something a little easier.

My resolution is to be more financially conscious. I have a part time job, so the main thing is to be careful with my money. I admit I've been spending more than saving, but I'll try to rectify that in 2010. I have a few goals in that respect, so we'll see how it works out ^^

I always put unrealistic goals for my resolutions and never act on them. But this year I think I'm going to probably think about something within the next couple of days and then try and act on it.

For starters I need to sort my life out and make myself so that my life resembles something that normal people have. I might not be able to achieve this in a year, but I'll take this year as the "acting on it and sorting the heck out".

I have to admit my mind hasn't been working rationally for many years, and that needs to be sorted out.

So I dunno so much about a resolution, but I have that as an aim anyway.

Back