How long did it take you to get back to the game after... (MAJOR SPOILERS)

I knew it was going to happen, and being a sadistic little 9/10 year old, I thought it was hilarious. I never liked her anyway.

I never knew nothing about the game first time i played it. It was a shock, but like most people say, i didnt care... she was weak ass anyways. It all added to the drama.. and i cant, to this day, believe its a ps1 game. I was also an addict.. :D

i also just kept on playing. the game was too good for me to stop there. i just had to continue on to find out what was going to happen next. i was sad and surpraise when she died because that was the first rpg game that i played that a main character died but i had to continue on and i just couldnt put it down and take a break from it

I am of the rare breed of people who hate Aeris. Really, I was happy. No, I'm not sadistic. I swear I was deeply saddened to find Wedge, Biggs, and Jessie dead. I still do to this day.

I swear it seems those three actually had more character than Aeris. But to answer the question, I felt the game actually got better afterwards. It gave Cloud a personal stake in the matter and I didn't have to see her try to be cute and innocent. -rolls eyes-

i was a bit upset, as i lost a playable character, and she was like the sappy girl that everyone liked, but i waited like 3 seconds, then i killed the first boss in less then 10 minutes to vent my anger. I got back in so fast mostly because i never really used Aerith, and she wasn't entirely helpful in my POV

The most annoying thing about it, that I know it'll happen before I even played the game... :gonk: I saw AC before playing the game (didn't believe I'll ever be able to get my hands on this game) and I have read about this scene on Wikipedia. Guess that quite ruined my enjoyment. I like this kind of twists.

Though, I was surprised as I thought it happens much earlier in the game.
At some point I even thought she won't die :wtf:.

I liked her as a character, even though I thought I won't really care, and the scene DID affect me (at least a little), despite the fact I knew it'll happen. As about losing a playable character, I didn't really care as I didn't really find her useful in battle.

So there was no reason for me to stop playing the game after this scene.

I didn't stop playing after it happened >_>

I was shocked the first time, of course, but I managed to get over it between fighting Jenova and watching Aerith's body sink to the bottom of the pond (?)

3 days although I had lost disc 2 and my ps1 broke. I didn't fix it because I was depressed ( Lol Joke.)

Last edited:
The problem was If you had used her as a main character. If she was a major part of your party you were screwed becuase The game then took a level boost and most other characters would be underleveled.

As said above that what was happened to me... well the first time.
At first I laughed becasue my mate shouted "HUMAN KABAB!" then I thought 'Shit I worked hard on making her good' so I stopped for about 3 hours got bored and played more =D

Yeah I too started to level her up for nothing. I wasted my time leveling her up when I could've level up someone else. But then again we never knew that she was going to die later in the game.

Last edited:
thats true...although i wish i had some warning, because i did feel abit gutted i had wasted time on her when i could have been concentrating on someone else, although on my first play through i was convinced she was going to come back lol

thats true...although i wish i had some warning, because i did feel abit gutted i had wasted time on her when i could have been concentrating on someone else, although on my first play through i was convinced she was going to come back lol
I personally think that Aerith is a great character. She has the greatest Limit Breaks which helps your party members. I am disappointed that we couldn't use her the whole game. She would be a perfect healing character.

Last edited:
I personally think that Aerith is a great character. She has the greatest Limit Breaks which helps your party members. I am disappointed that we couldn't use her the whole game. She would be a perfect healing character.

but with her abilities would the game have been to easy to have her in your party the whole time?

but with her abilities would the game have been to easy to have her in your party the whole time?
No because it wouldn't made that much easier to defeat all the bosses especially Emerald Weapon, Lost Number, etc. It doesn't matter what characters you use, it only matters on what strategy you have and how well you use it.

Last edited:
No because it wouldn't made that much easier to defeat all the bosses especially Emerald Weapon, Lost Number, etc. It doesn't matter what characters you use, it only matters on what strategy you have and how well you use it.

thats a fair point, and yeah it does depend on your strategy, so i guess it wouldn't have been such a bad idea to keep her in as a healer for the party.

thats a fair point, and yeah it does depend on your strategy, so i guess it wouldn't have been such a bad idea to keep her in as a healer for the party.
I just think that she is more affective as a healer character than any other character not just because of her Limit Breaks, but because of her high magical strenght. That's my opinion.

Last edited:
I am of the rare breed of people who hate Aeris. Really, I was happy. No, I'm not sadistic. I swear I was deeply saddened to find Wedge, Biggs, and Jessie dead. I still do to this day.

I swear it seems those three actually had more character than Aeris. But to answer the question, I felt the game actually got better afterwards. It gave Cloud a personal stake in the matter and I didn't have to see her try to be cute and innocent. -rolls eyes-

I couldn't have said it any better. I'm always sadder starting a new game, knowing the three other members of AVALANCHE will die, but the Aeris part doesn't bother me at all, seeing I don't like Aeris. To be honest, as well, I thought she was dead the first time I saved her from Hojo when Red XIII attacked her.

*Sigh* What a let a down. :shame:

Back