How long did it take you to get back to the game after... (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Haha, I didn't even give a shit. I was like, "Oh... Bummer." and that's about all the thought I put into it. Plus, I think Tifa is cooler anyways.

I wasn't affected so badly because it was on the case (PAL version) / I'd seen that scene on PS Demo cd trailers and all sorts.

So when I met her in the game I knew in my head "oh so that's the one that dies", so I was building myself up for it. And Aerith was probably my least favourite playable character in the game anyway.

That said, it was still sad, and the music certainly didn't help. :sad2: It was certainly a dramatic scene that yanked my heart out of me for a bit.

But I didn't stop playing. I carried on and enjoyed carrying on. I wanted to see what would happen next etc.

FF7 was like a drug. I couldn't have stopped, even if I wanted to. I played for almost two weeks, nonstop, before I reached the end. It was come home/play/do homework/play/eat something/play/drop asleep.

Yeah, I knew her death was coming. Friends will spoil everything for you. Plus, let's face it. She's too good for Cloud.

I was a bit shocked, and sad (because when she dies the game loses one of the few characters who is not a one note emo) but I didn't stop. It made me play more, despite the lack of decent females. No, I just obsessed over Barret and Nanaki instead, and sought swift vengeance.

After Aerith died, I felt like I just had a major heart attack. It took me a few hours to feel sane again. I knew something was going to happen to her, but I didn't want to believe it. After that, I continued playing the game so I could kick Sephiroth's ass. Seriously, that guy pissed me off after that scene.

I just.....carried straight on playing, I was addicted though, so putting the pad down wasn't really an option xD

I also just kept playing. I knew it was coming because it was spoiled for me. Although I was pretty surprised that it happened so early in the game. I thought it would happen just before the last couple of battles. But yeah, I just kept playing because it wasn't that big a deal for me.

Well, I really was young the first time I played it, about... 7 maybe? Or something like that. I was playing it with my dad and he'd play when I started getting killed, so when Aerith died... I was really sad and made him play, but we kept going. Then when I picked it up again myself, I just went on and got over it :P I like Yuffie more anyway :D

Hahahaha there was no delay i kept playing. I wasnt bothered at all tbh. I knew she was gunna die thanks to the pics on the back of the FFVII box so i half expected it.
Aerith died, lewis kept playing not caring really :wacky:

Two minutes. I kind of just sat there, because I already knew she died, but I still felt kind of like the kid who lost his first teddy bear that was a gift from the girl he promised to marry. Or something like that. (wtfnotevenclosetothat)
It didn't really affect me too much, but it was still a powerful scene. But the thing that made it really sad was seeing the characters' reactions.
Like... Yuffie cried in Tifa's arms, so I was all, ";A;"

I was naive enough to think she'll be brought back at a later point in the game, so I played on.

I kept playing. I barely used her and didn't miss her, she was a boring character. Tifa was a much better heroine and other than being a martyr, Aeris was not good for much else.

It sure was a sad moment indeed, but I didn´t rest from the playing anyway. I just went on since I wanted to beat Sephiroth (had that goal even before Aerith died, so I didn´t really avenge Aerith since I almost never thought of her. Gosh. I am an evil bastard).

Eh it was a sad moment but it never made me miss a beat, i knew it was going to happen so i only used aerith to beat missing number. So i took cloud and creamed sephiroth with one KOTR summon when i fougth him (well basically 1 summon for each part)

Nah not really affected by her death. when i first saw it it was just oh crap i lost a party memeber well i guess ill have to fill in. but i didnt even use her anyways im more of aatttck rather than have a mixture of mages attackers and whatnot

When it all comes down to it, Aerith is just a character. Her death didn't hinder me at all in continuing on with the story. In fact, her death actually made things more intriguing, and I was very eager to reach the end of the game. Not to say I didn't care when she died, it was a very sad moment. And yes, I admit that I cried. :(

Lots of my favorite characters end up dying or facing tragedy though, and it doesn't make me put the game on hold. It just makes things more interesting... really tugs at the heartstrings, if you will.

After she died I continued playing. I wanted to seek vengence for her death, and since I had played alot of JRPGs I knew she would come back. FFVII was a new experience of Permadeath that I had never seen before in a video game...

The first time I played it I was young and naive - I kinda thought that maybe Aries would come back or return in some way....
I know....what was I thinking!:shame:
Anyways, with that in mind I went through the rest of disc 2 with some sort of wishful thinking that she would come back...well, maybe 30 mins into it!
I wasn't cut up about her death - I was shocked though!
Never would have seen that coming from a mile off!

Back