Hardest Boss in the Final Fantasy Series...

I think what you said is just bullshit. The game adjusting bosses to your level? LMAO That has never happened in Final Fantasy, and never will. Thats why the need to level up exists.

I think you are just too embarrassed you were wrong, and was talking about Ultima Weapon all along.

Actually, it's pretty well-known that the monsters level up with you in FFVIII. Also, cut the attitude. There's no reason to continuously argue with someone about whether or not they defeated a boss on which level. It's ridiculous. Enough is enough.

Cheers Jade Curtiss, I needed someone to back up my case...

i recommend Marius to read the 'Experience levels' of the FF8 Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VIII#Experience_levels

It doesn't give too much detailed information, but it's still enough. did you notice anytime during the 3 times you played it how you can draw better magic from the same enemy as you level up? never used Scan on the same enemy after a period of time, even if it was for the awesome animation it brings?

Besides, my initial argument was the level I beat Omega at, and seeming as you've accepted that I had as good a stat at lv.50~60 as you got at lv.100, I guess I've won this argument.

I'm going with Necron from FFIX considering I couldn't beat him without sheer freakin' luck. Also considering that he gets like three turns to your one. It's like being kicked while down. Or having your finger nails pulled out while being pinned to the floor.

I think what you said is just bullshit. The game adjusting bosses to your level? LMAO That has never happened in Final Fantasy, and never will. Thats why the need to level up exists.

I think you are just too embarrassed you were wrong, and was talking about Ultima Weapon all along.

Final Fantasy VIII is my favourite game of all time. I´ve completed it three times, maxing out everything all of them times. And once in my time, I knew the name of every single enemy in the game. Even their stats and weaknesses.

Lol. He actually is saying the truth. Any actual Final Fantasy VIII fan would know this backwards already. There are even Walkthroughs for No-Leveling Guides. It is true. The game adjusts to the level of your characters and the more you level up, the more the monsters around you level up as well. Pretty much like the Training Center at the beggining =D.

But seriously, you seem to be a true fan and accepting this fact now would be hurting your ego, so go ahead and try for yourself. Don't level. Making it out alive should be easy for a big fan of the game who's finished it three times. Do a Scan on a boss :monster:

More on Topic, I'd have to say either Ogma or perhaps Penance. They're stupidly annoying. I'd have to say the second form of Barthandelus on Final Fantasy XIII can also make your blood boil if you're under-leveled, and considering how boring it is to grind in FFXIII, it can just be enough to make you give up. I know it made me get bored and shelf it.

Compulsory: Zeromus
This battle was one hell of a marathon for me, and I was particularly well levelled too. I don't remember having this much trouble with any bosses on any game post FFVII.

Optional: Nemesis
Just, no. The amount of preparation you have to do for this boss is pretty much ridiculous. I don't think any other boss requires this much time and effort to defeat it.

I don't think any other boss requires this much time and effort to defeat it.

Try the Demi-Fiend (Hitoshura) in Digital Devil Saga. He makes me feel like pretty much any boss in the Final Fantasy series can be too much of a joke to reference even if I want to.

LOL
You quote Wikipedia to prove this lie?
Its a myth, get over it.
No way you can beat Omega Weapon on level 50.

Seriously stop it. Enough is enough. You can't prove that he didn't beat Omega Weapon on Level 50. Get over it. Any further posts that add nothing to the topic will be deleted.

ffxii yiazmat.....

Physically its not a good idea to play this game for the five or six hours required to finish off Yiazmat.

Fighting a boss for five hours is not easy...
Nothing about this battle is easy by any stretch of the imagination.
maybe with luck n be patient your can beat it...:bored:

Last edited:

Final Fantasy VIII is my favourite game of all time. I´ve completed it three times, maxing out everything all of them times. And once in my time, I knew the name of every single enemy in the game. Even their stats and weaknesses.

Well if you've maxed out your characters everytime you wouldnt be able to confirm that omega had different stats when you were not maxed out would you?

Please test your theories if you're going to accuse others of lying, thanks.

yiazmat and omega weapon XII, 50m HP and 10m*2 respectively, also immune to all negative status effects.... took me 5 hours to beat one of them.... especially when yiazmat uses the skill growing threat... doubling his level, and also their multi hit especially Omega weapon 4-5 multi hits and ur dead.... sometimes w/o a chance to retaliate T_T, i find omega weapon harder than yiazmat, omega weapons attacks are stronger than yiazmat, and his multi hit. this two boss is sick....the thing that makes this hard also is there is no break damage limit in FFXII... 9999 is the max damage u can make... final fantasy creators are insane @_@
Also that boss under the bevelle in FFX-2, in the via infinito, i forgot the name but his first attack kills mah gurls in one hit.... and i never beat this guy T_T, he's really hard
Penance and the other one(i think its shinryu??) in FFX too is hard also for me.. took me 5 tries too beat them..

Sephiroth in KHII is damn hard too... his first attack will leave you 1 hp and 1 mp... if u dont retaliate fast then its game over, couldn't beat him at 90 below... i have to get soras final form just to dodge his bigass explosions...

Probably Emerald Weapon or Penance. Both were tough nuts to crack.

Yiazmat's only hard if you insist on taking him on in one sitting. The game allows you to batter his HP down, abscond, then return and wail on him some more. It's not really that difficult done that way.

My problem areas are when the game has a sudden difficulty spike and pits your against a boss you should be taking on at a higher level, even though the pacing of the game suggests you shouldn't.

Take the demon wall in FFVII for example. First time I fought him I was horrified by the amount of damage he could take. Granted I was underleveled at the time and it's not as if I couldn't grind, I just didn't want to :hmph:

It is true that the game adjusts to your current level. So if you want to beat Omega easily, don't max out everyone. If you want challenge, maxed out everyone.

Anyway back on topic, I will go for Yiazmat if it is an optional boss. This guy is a pain specially when he uses the Growing Treat ability. He will attack your characters non-stop.
Another one is Paragon from X-2. Don't try using bribe on it if you want some challenge.
If it is a storyline boss. Yunalesca I guess. I was caught off guard when I fought her in her 3rd form and all of my characters and summons overdrive gauge is empty.

That would be Vegnagun in FFX-2

Also hard are Ruby and Emerald weapons from FFVII.

Yiazamat from FFXII. You can throw in Omega and Zodiark from that game as well.All very tough.

That would be Vegnagun in FFX-2
Really? That was pretty easy for me,
first time I did it was with Yuna's Special Dressphere, second and times after were with the three as fighters (can't remember which) and I was only at level 52 for one of those playthroughs, and the highest they've got to is level 68

Hardest for me for ages was Seymour on Gagazet, til I understood what he was doing. Oh, and I still haven't killed any of the dark Aeons apart from Valefor
And I can't kill Ultimecia, even with a level 100 squall and Quistis

Hmm, well the Dark Aeons, but that's hardly fair in this subject. So, I would have to say Sephiroth D:, he's so hard the first time around v.v. I had such a hard time fighting him, let along beating him. Also, I would have to say The Undying, and that ghost-looking thing in that level after Phon Coast in FF12 xD, he was a real bitch to beat <.<

No matter what your opinions are, The most hardest boss in all Final Fantasy Series would definitely Penance of FFX

Reasons:

It has 12,000,000 HP
and two 600,000 HP for the arms

MP: 500,000
Strength: 255
Defense : 240
Magic: 255
M. Def: 200
Agility: 255
Evasion: 0
Accuracy: 255
Luck: 10

+ it casts Super Mighty G

there is no break damage limit in FFXII... 9999 is the max damage u can make...

actually there is a break damage limit in the international version(i can't play those cause I'm an American) also Quickenings, Dark Matter, Exodus, Shemhazai, Zodiark, Numerology, and Balance all allow you to do more than max(i did not know this before today when i Googled it and i put 500+ hours on that game)

any way, i forgot that this topic was about hardest boss....... for me none of them are hard when you look up how to beat them i don't care if you're not supposed to you can't un read what you have already read but by far the bosses in 12 were the most time consuming for me(and no i am not going to play 11)

Last edited:
for me it was definitely jech. I spent 2 days on this guy and had a hard time just beating his first form, my characters were weak from constantly skipping battles and lack of grinding. But once i took the easy route and did that chocobo race and got the stuff needed for tio of 9999 i was good to go. beat him in 2 trys. :]

Back