Final Fantasy XIV wish list

Sir Kenneth

You're f**king out!
Veteran
Gil
The title says it all really. This thread is for posting and talking about what features you hope Square will include in Final Fantasy XIV. It can be improvements from FF XI, elements already incorporated in other MMO's, or something completely new. It all goes here :)

Personally I'd like to see:

1. Region specific servers.
I'm not a big fan of FF XI's world servers where everyone played together regardless of which part of the world they are from. When FF XI came out in Europe, we had to play on the same servers as Japanese gamers who had played for almost 2 years in some cases. Not again please.

2. Better account management than FF XI.
In this aspect, FF XI was horrible right off the bat. It has improved a lot over the years, but it's still not very good. So I really hope that Square gets their act together on this one. Let us create a healthy number of characters at any server we want without charging us, and DON'T delete our characters if we decide to take a break from the game for a while.

I cant believe we are talking about this game already -_-

It would be nice if it was on the Wii, seeing as I dont own a PS3 or an XBrick

Also, it'd ALSO be nicer if it didnt cost the earth to play every month, like its not enough we have to pay for expansions and the actuial game ANYWAY, wouldnt kill them to make it a tad cheaper, they have enough money

And that's it from me ¬.¬

I wish Square-Enix change opinion and change the combat system.

In my humble opinion the combat by turns (or semi-turns) is a thing of the past century. I belive they can give us the best Final Fantasy so far, but we need a game with the playability of other titles today and allowing us to interact with the world around us in a much more current form.

I was a FFXI player and I remember to stay hours pressing the same macros without moving the character and that is not funny at all. So I hope we get a game in real time that makes us a good time that the end is what matters.

Greetings

Last edited:
Instead of being a fully blossomed MMO, I would rather see you get paired up with a few players based on your point in the story. It would be like playing Final Fantasy IX with your best friends. I know that's pretty unreasonable but I would enjoy it. Something like Monster Hunter would be fun.

I wish Square-Enix change opinion and change the combat system.

In my humble opinion the combat by turns (or semi-turns) is a thing of the past century. I belive they can give us the best Final Fantasy so far, but we need a game with the playability of other titles today and allowing us to interact with the world around us in a much more current form.

I was a FFXI player and I remember to stay hours pressing the same macros without moving the character and that is not funny at all. So I hope we get a game in real time that makes us a good time that the end is what matters.

Greetings

I agree. The combat system of FF XI is a bit archaic by today's standards and should be discarded all together for something more current.

Another thing I'd like to see, is NPC companions. It would feel a bit more like a traditional Final Fantasy if Square let every player have 1 or 2 "party members". These should not be as powerful as player characters, but serve mainly as buffers/boosters for your player character. Also let people equip and name these NPC companions, and have different types of NPC companions give you different kinds of buffs/boosts. That would be sweet.

Another thing I'd like to see, is NPC companions. It would feel a bit more like a traditional Final Fantasy if Square let every player have 1 or 2 "party members". These should not be as powerful as player characters, but serve mainly as buffers/boosters for your player character. Also let people equip and name these NPC companions, and have different types of NPC companions give you different kinds of buffs/boosts. That would be sweet.

They most likely will have NPC companions, since they are already in FFXI.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Adventuring_Fellow_Guide
I would like to see a gambit-esque system for controlling the NPC though, rather than just letting it be random like the ones in XI.

What features do you want to see added to FF XIV?

I'd like to see thse features be added to Final Fantasy XIV.

*your own personal airship,even if it's small
*a golden chocobo of your own,it has the ability to cross mountains,rivers,oceans,and even fllies to otherwise inaccesible islands
*and of course,several payment options of paying for this mmorpg

They most likely will have NPC companions, since they are already in FFXI.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Adventuring_Fellow_Guide
I would like to see a gambit-esque system for controlling the NPC though, rather than just letting it be random like the ones in XI.

A gambit-esque system would be sweet. Greater variety and perhaps even job-specific companions and rare loot companions would be great as well. I'd like companions to be a bit more esoteric rather than just look like player characters like they did in FF XI.

We already have an existing thread for this, so I'll merge the two.

[Threads Merged]

W.T.H. your not going to put it on PC? NNOOOO!!!! i hate PS3. I'm a BIG TIME PC user i don't even have a TV. Are you doing this so you don't get hackers? Well thats sad i can't play XIV then if i ever do get a PS3 >.> for 1 game it would be for FF XIV.
you need to let people make ADDONS mods whatever they make games better on MMORPG games and if people realy like the addons a lot maybe you can put them in the game.
Good luck on the game. I realy realy hope it comes out for PC or I'll never get to play it.

I cant believe we are talking about this game already -_-

It would be nice if it was on the Wii, seeing as I dont own a PS3 or an XBrick

Also, it'd ALSO be nicer if it didnt cost the earth to play every month, like its not enough we have to pay for expansions and the actuial game ANYWAY, wouldnt kill them to make it a tad cheaper, they have enough money

And that's it from me ¬.¬

If they put it on the Wii, it would ruin the game. You couldn't do it. Friend Codes are such a bitch, that you would have to play only with other people that have a Wii. Plus, the graphics would be really bad.

W.T.H. your not going to put it on PC? NNOOOO!!!! i hate PS3. I'm a BIG TIME PC user i don't even have a TV. Are you doing this so you don't get hackers? Well thats sad i can't play XIV then if i ever do get a PS3 >.> for 1 game it would be for FF XIV.
you need to let people make ADDONS mods whatever they make games better on MMORPG games and if people realy like the addons a lot maybe you can put them in the game.
Good luck on the game. I realy realy hope it comes out for PC or I'll never get to play it.

Hey, yeah, I'm pretty sure its going to be on the PC.

Anyways, I'd like to see a wide range of classes, just like in FF XI.

Honestly they need to redo the whole game from FFXI.

FFXI was one of the hardest MMO's I've played but there are tons of tweaks I would recommend with FFXIV.

1) Less traveling time. Christ in heaven, I traveled 60% of the game rather than played. I know this is a realistic approach, but if I wanted realism I would go outside and take a road trip.

2) Item drop rate needs to be increased - I know this game is all about working to get the gear in the game, but it is down right ridiculous when you have to work for months or even years to obtain decent gear in the game.

3) Graphics - Sorry folks, if the engine isn't updated then this game will be the way of the DoDo bird. I had to suffer with mid grade garbage graphics in ffxi for a very very long time, and it honestly wasn't bad because of the gameplay. For this game to survive on the current market though, it needs a new engine.

4) Updatable content - They need a staff who is willing to update the game every now and again if the majority of players are truly upset about some of the stuff. SE is notorious at making outrageously impossible monsters in this game, and then at the drop of the hat dumbing them down to no end and making them easy sauce. They need to stick to making challenging bosses, but not have so much play time involved.

5) Leads me to my last point. This game took forever in a day to lvl up. Since EQ days game should not take so long to get to higher lvls. This game shouldn't be a walk in the park though. It should teach the player in the end how to play his character in depth. So faster lvling system would be better, but not overly fast.

6) Bonus point (A) - Solo Leveling - There are only 2 optional leveling classes in FFXI for soloing. Puppetmaster and Beastmaster, and I really wish this would change. Solo leveling is so much slower, and of course it is meant to encourage people to group up and have fun together, but sometimes people are just not on who you want to play with. Also people need to ability to catch up with their friends, so soloing is the only option sometimes.

Bonus point (B) - White mages... need an easier way to lvl up. I'm sorry but if you ever start out with a white mage.. it takes 10x more to get to a certain lvl than any other character.

If they put it on the Wii, it would ruin the game. You couldn't do it. Friend Codes are such a bitch, that you would have to play only with other people that have a Wii. Plus, the graphics would be really bad.

*sigh* I know it's not really feasible, it's jsut wishful thinking on my part :gonk: I might actually have to bite the bullet and invest in a PS3...*dies a little inside* I'm not so fussed about the graphics side of thing, the Wii graphics are decent enough so far as Im concerned, it's all about the gameplay duuuuude

Customisable weaponry and armour

Characters with unique stats, seriously in the recent games all the characters played the same

Not too much travelling, remember, more is not always better

That's it

Last edited:
I'd like to see:

More playable races. This game looks as if it has Galka and Tarutaru in it from what we have seen so far, but I'd really like to be given the option to play as a moogle, for example, and more races than what we were given in XI.

Vehicles. I think it would be a good idea if we could have vehicles to drive around the planet. Chocobo's are awesome, and it was good to see them in XI, but I think it would also be a neat idea to be able to drive some sort of car vehicle (even if it is fantasy-Medieval themed it could still be done as a sort of mechanised steampunk vehicle and not look too out of place).
I also think that advancing to own our own airships would be a nice addition, as opposed to just riding public transport. I liked the idea of the public transport in XI, but it would be good to eventually own your own aircraft that you could decorate the interior and exterior, or perhaps an airship for a linkshell, and the members can inhabit it as a sort of base and people can take turns in driving it.

Farfetched I know, but it would be awesome to see.

I'd also like... another farfetched idea...
Residential districts that you can walk through and visit other peoples houses.
This is not really practical but it would be good to see. With each new player that joins the residential district of the town they choose expands. It would be revolutionary, but it will probably never happen.
It would be good on another note though to be able to visit other peoples homes in some way, as opposed to being strictly restricted to your own.

I'd also like to see more advanced character customisation. Tattoos, scars, earings, teeth, eye shape, nose shape, hair style, exact skin colour, muscle toning... etc etc. As opposed to selecting a predetermined character model. I got fed up of seeing hundreds of people that looked exactly the same in FFXI, and I'd like to see a lot more variety.

Finally, another insane idea... I'd like to see some sort of conquest or settlement minigame. Certain towns that start off with no leader, but a player can settle his clan or a group of people loyal to him and they can rule the land in that region. Other players can gather their forces from across the world and try to raid the castle and put themselves in charge etc.

Could be a bit too hectic, but its something I've always dreamt about with FFXI, so I'd like it in FFXIV. Not going to happen though. :brooding:

I'd also like... another farfetched idea...
Residential districts that you can walk through and visit other peoples houses.
This is not really practical but it would be good to see. With each new player that joins the residential district of the town they choose expands. It would be revolutionary, but it will probably never happen.
It would be good on another note though to be able to visit other peoples homes in some way, as opposed to being strictly restricted to your own.

Finally, another insane idea... I'd like to see some sort of conquest or settlement minigame. Certain towns that start off with no leader, but a player can settle his clan or a group of people loyal to him and they can rule the land in that region. Other players can gather their forces from across the world and try to raid the castle and put themselves in charge etc.

Neither of those ideas are far-fetched really. Plenty of MMOs such as Star Wars Galaxies, Ultima Online, Everquest, and Vanguard all had player housing in one form or another. Blizzard has also said that player housing is something they'd like to do in WoW at some point. It's been done in lots of MMO's before, so I'd say there's a distinct chance of player housing making an appearance :)

As far as conquest/settlement PVP goes, Age of Conan has something very much like what you are describing. If Square includes PVP content in FF XIV, that too is probably a distinct possibility.

Things i would like changed from FFIX in FFXIV are:
1-You die you lose xp. I mean cmon you had to work hard to lv and because of being forced to be ion a party to be able to lv when the healer made a mistake you dies and lost 1h of xp.
2-Solo leveling should be posiible by every class. The point tobe in a party is to have fun but when your forced to be in one all the time yust to lv it takes the fun out of it. I dont like things forced on me.
3-Making money should be esier. You had to farm for ours to get enough to buy 1 decent pieze of equipment. did the onion thing and drop rate was horrible. And you should be able to earn a good amount of money by doing quests and more quest should be available.
4-Why do you miss when tryng to skill up a proffession. And worse to lose the mats and the crystal in the prosses. Like the drop rate wasnt bad enough if you want to raise a proffesion you would lose alot of mats tryng. I mean there are some mats that the drop rate should be bad but not at the beginning.

As far as the job system goes wouldnt change a thing. But i wouldn mind to be able to do more than auto attack and a skill once in a while.You knoe to keep yourself more aware of your sorroundings and perform an action base on the battle.

Gúts;590291 said:
Things i would like changed from FFIX in FFXIV are:
1-You die you lose xp. I mean cmon you had to work hard to lv and because of being forced to be ion a party to be able to lv when the healer made a mistake you dies and lost 1h of xp.
2-Solo leveling should be posiible by every class. The point tobe in a party is to have fun but when your forced to be in one all the time yust to lv it takes the fun out of it. I dont like things forced on me.
3-Making money should be esier. You had to farm for ours to get enough to buy 1 decent pieze of equipment. did the onion thing and drop rate was horrible. And you should be able to earn a good amount of money by doing quests and more quest should be available.
4-Why do you miss when tryng to skill up a proffession. And worse to lose the mats and the crystal in the prosses. Like the drop rate wasnt bad enough if you want to raise a proffesion you would lose alot of mats tryng. I mean there are some mats that the drop rate should be bad but not at the beginning.

As far as the job system goes wouldnt change a thing. But i wouldn mind to be able to do more than auto attack and a skill once in a while.You knoe to keep yourself more aware of your sorroundings and perform an action base on the battle.

Response to 1) That's what I loved about the game. I mean I died so many times, but they lessened the exp loss when someone uses Raise spells on you rather then releasing to your home point. I would rather lose exp, then have my weapon degrade. I hate repairing.

Response to 2) Hmmm I think that was the whole point of the game. If you have ever played any comparable games to this, Dark age of camelot, you will know that soloing things is frowned upon. It forces people to get to know people and to actually work together. Unlike WoW where you can lvl 1-80 in like 5 days. I agree about the soloing though, there needs to be an easier way to do so.

Response to 3) Sell Crystals early, Sell Spools of linen early.. there are ways to make quick money in this game. The hard part is the market..

Response to 4) They used the same logic as Dark Age of Camelot, other rpgs have done worse. I personally like the realism behind it, but the problem with professions later on, is they did not make enough money of professions. I think professions should make it easier to gain money. It would make the payoff more lucrative.

Last edited:
* Turn-based battle system. I am one of those fans..
* Airship!
* Chocobo rides, gotta love them!
* Weapon/Armor upgrades.
* Summons. Pretty sure they'll include that..
* Quest cinematics and compatible NPC party members.

-ChrisLIX

* Turn-based battle system. I am one of those fans..
* Airship!
* Chocobo rides, gotta love them!
* Weapon/Armor upgrades.
* Summons. Pretty sure they'll include that..
* Quest cinematics and compatible NPC party members.

Totally agree with those :D

I pretty much would love if it would have 50% of the things that FF XI has, only difference I would like to see would be in jobs, in the amount minigames, little changes in gameplay, graphics, gear and story :D Everything else could stay the same, like the houses, long travels and stuff :) I actually really loved traveling by boat to dunes for example. I just could relax and imagine that the game is like real life.

Back