FF7: Hardest Boss?

I had the most trouble with Safer/Savior Sephiroth. It's probably because I had no ribbons and had no desire to go hunt down a Master Tonberry, and morph it. After I lost a couple of times I went back and got Cloud's ultimate weapon, as well as actually finding a W-Magic on my way back. That W-Magic actually helped a lot because a double cast of Ultima is what ended up killing the bastard.

I never found any of them to be hard. Most annoying would be Carry Armor. As for Safer Sephiroth all you need to know is his attack pattern. He never changes off of it.

hmmm , lets see....guard scorpian.....kiddin calm down peeps..
I hated deamons gate cuz i hated cait sith but i did struggle with materia keeper the first few play throughs.

Well the first boss is extremely hard...

Kidding ofcourse :P

I hate midgar zolom and materia keeper,as i had vincent in my team once and i used his limit break and forgot that it was fire-based, along with the materia keeper.

Dyne has got to be my easiest boss (when you're out of Midgar) as i had barret in my team since day 1 :)

I hated Emerald Weapon. The time limit underwater if you didnt have that item/materia to defeat it

Demon's Gate is definitely up there, Cait Sith was my weak link so it was almost as if I'm fighting it with two characters. It's cool to look at, though, so I don't mind a long, challenging battle that I may have to do a few times over.

Lost Number was tough, too, but I always happened to get lucky at some point paralyzing it with Choco/Mog; I could take my sweet old time from there =]

Definitely The Lost Number, when you first get the chance to fight it, it's hard as hell.

Other than this one..maybe the Demon's Gate at the temple...he's quite anoying.

erm... rufus.... naw im just playing

ultima weapon... i think thats what the flying ones called (correct me if im wrong)

Emerald Weapon...
Jesus christ...it's unbelievably hard.

And I didn't even try Ruby Weapon.

Demon's Gate is definitely up there, Cait Sith was my weak link so it was almost as if I'm fighting it with two characters. It's cool to look at, though, so I don't mind a long, challenging battle that I may have to do a few times over.

Lost Number was tough, too, but I always happened to get lucky at some point paralyzing it with Choco/Mog; I could take my sweet old time from there =]

Ha Really? i just destroyed demon gate in 3-4 Turns earlier with my party of Cloud Lvl 66 Aerith Lvl 59 and Tifa Lvl 59. I had cloud attack with counter attack materia equipped and i had Aerith cast haste and wall. I had Tifa using some magic level 3 spells (Bio3, BOlt3, Fire3) to see if it was effective. It was too easy to win heheh

With Lost number..i dont remember how i won but i just knew it was easy haha

The hardest boss i would say is still Emerald Weapon o_O

Ha Really? i just destroyed demon gate in 3-4 Turns earlier with my party of Cloud Lvl 66 Aerith Lvl 59 and Tifa Lvl 59. I had cloud attack with counter attack materia equipped and i had Aerith cast haste and wall. I had Tifa using some magic level 3 spells (Bio3, BOlt3, Fire3) to see if it was effective. It was too easy to win heheh

With Lost number..i dont remember how i won but i just knew it was easy haha

The hardest boss i would say is still Emerald Weapon o_O

What the...
Level 66 at the temple of the acients? :holyshit:
And
Aerith dies,you know that right?
there's no need to have her at that level...
Well,at least most of the game will go by smoothly to you.
But there's not much challenge anymore :hmmm:

The hardest boss battle for me was Emeralds Weapon impossible for me

erm... rufus.... naw im just playing

ultima weapon... i think thats what the flying ones called (correct me if im wrong)

Emerald Weapon...
Jesus christ...it's unbelievably hard.

And I didn't even try Ruby Weapon.

Hey guys can we please make sure to elaborate on our posts? (Ie. explain why you found those bosses hard. Doesn't have to be a paragraph, but a little effort won't hurt. :) Thanks. )

ruby and emerald aside, id have to say Demon Wall, it'd probably the only noss that kills me at LEAST once no matter hopw many times Ive played the bloody game, I even wentin overlevelled and still got killed my first attempt, stupid bloody wall of doom

That one in the Shinra safe is a bit of a bugger as well...

That one in the Shinra safe is a bit of a bugger as well...

I think you mean Lost Number Kelly? I've always found him quite hard when I get to that point, he does immense damage. I always find it better to use normal attacks on him until his magic side is the only one there. (I can't remember how it goes exactly but i'm sure it's similar, not played it in awhile)

He's not unbeatably hard and all that, (obviously) he just provides a challenge.

As for hardest, well, without the proper setup that'd be Emerald Weapon, Ruby coming a close second, although both can be beaten easily if you have a good materia setup. (Final attack + Phoenix, Knights Of the Rounds, W-Summon, Mime etc) Actually miming limit breaks is a pretty easy way of getting lots of damage in, especially Omnislash.

So, with those aside, I did actually find Rapps to be quite tough on my first playthrough, (I think it was Rapps, the one on the Wutai mission?) I was severely underlevelled at that point and wasn't dealing much damage, no materia didn't help either. Another would be Demons Gate, that thing can be a right pain at times.

Once you go through it a few times you get used to your own boss strategies and such though and they gradually get easier I find, although there are the odd ones that you just generally have bad luck against. xD

Well the weapons were freakin easy to me and so was Sephiroth...so I'd have to say that wall thing in the temple. That was pretty hard. Probably the only challenging boss in the game.

:D

Hmmm, everybody seems to have more trouble beating emerald than ruby.
Am i the only one who thinks that Emerald Weapon is far easier than Ruby Weapon? :confused:

Hmmm, everybody seems to have more trouble beating emerald than ruby.
Am i the only one who thinks that Emerald Weapon is far easier than Ruby Weapon? :confused:

It is.
Emerald's attacks does more damage to the party.
While Ruby you can beat with just one person in the party.So yeah,he is easier.Not to mention the time limit if you don't have the underwater materia.

Last edited:
I have 2...and they're both weapons...

Ruby - That thing used to wipe the floor with me, bear in mind this is like 8 years ago and i had no battle tactics...in fact i dont know think i knew what that meant...

Emerald - I didn't know there was an Underwater Materia, So naturally, I drowned if he didnt kill me...Figured it out at a later date though:D

Back