FF7: Hardest Boss?

Yuffie.

Gil
So which boss is/was the hardest to you and why?

Not including Emerald/Ruby weapons!

I gotta say Materia Keeper, and the main reason is that it used Cure 2 and Trine. Lost Number comes to my 2nd place.

Demon's Gate at Temple of the Ancients. Ugh, ugh. I had to retry so many times to beat that boss. Healing was of the utmost importance. A couple of Bahamut summons did wonders, too.

I can't even say the same about the Sephiroths at the end of the game because I beat them all on the first try.

I kinda thought Sephiroth was the hardest, mainly because he was the final boss. The least favorite attack for me was the one that hit all your party members and did a lot of damage. I believe the name was Ars Nova, but I may be wrong because I beat it a long time ago...

Last edited:
Super Nova? The one that takes a while (a WHILE) and does gravity-based damage?

well, i found two bosses of equil difficulty, (on my first time threw, before i became a tactical genius) and they were. . .

Materia Keeper: all i can say is DAMN!!! for starters the thing just wouldn't die, i mean COME ON. by this point in the game i was a bit of a fire whore. . . and the only level 2 spell i had was infact fire 2, but the evil so and so absorbed fire, so i was screwed. Secondly his usage of Trine and Cure 2 was just annoying, he was either killing the shit outta my party with trine or healing himself faster than i could hurt him.

Second choice was . . . .

The Midgar Zolom: now i know this wasn'ta boss, but i love the enemy skill materia, andwhen i found out you could learn beta i was determined toget it, and with him expelling the character with the ES materia, it took me a while, and also, because i was alow level I got game over way tomany times for my own liking but i stuck with it and eventually was able to kick the life outta him (learned Beta too, so iwas happy)

The hardest boss fight for me are:

1. Lost Number- He is the toughest boss fight in Final Fantasy VII in my opinion because of his incredible strength. When his skin breaks his attack power boost up greatly. That's what make him one of the toughest fight in the game.

2. Carry Armor- His Grab attack is his most powerful attack that he has since he can grab one of your party member and continously attack him/her until he/she dies.

3. Midgar Zolom- He is one of the toughest boss that you fight early in the game since he deals searious damage with his attacks, especially Beta which is his strongest attack.

Last edited:
I just remembered in my earlier playthroughts i found Dyne quite difficult to beat, as i never really had barret in my party, and he was never very strong, and but on the third or fourth attempt i realised that if i healed constantly until my limit break was full, and then unleash his limit i would eventually win, thats what i did, and it worked.

but yea, Dyne was definately my third hardest boss excluding ruby and emerald

The Carry Armor was annoying as hell. It beat my party members, one by one, using those stupid arms. Since a picked up party member gets attacked repeatedly, death is certain unless you manage to destroy those arms. You can revive a fallen party member, but I considered it a waste of a turn.

The hardest boss fight for me are:

Carry Armor- His Grab attack is his most powerful attack that he has since he can grab one of your party member and continously attack him/her until he/she dies.

I know. I hated that bastard. I played him like 10 times until i won. I manage to kill one arm and then hit me with massive counterattacks. I really thought it was a glitch because he wouldn't die and he was hitting me with multiple blows. lol

Carry Armour no question about it
The only boss I didn't beat first time on my last play through, but it did get to use the laser that hits my whole party three times in a row, so I was not impressed...
Using trine against it to remove it's arms is an absolute must to make this boss easier

Demon Door.

Kills me every time.

In the past though, I would have definitely had to say Dyne though, since the group I ran was made up of Red XIII, Tifa, and Cloud.

Being as that's how it was, his Molotov Cocktails were really fucking me up as barret, taking like half my health and then having to deal with the fact I was almost dead after he attacked every time.

OOO this is a tough one to decide, it is between the demon gate, materia keeper and the midgar zolom, but I think that the demon gate done it for me (yes the keeper done trine and dealt serious damage) but I remember when I thought that gate after beating the dragon I was like oh this shouldn't be difficult.......attack 1000+hp OMG! i was like holy **** he done that much damage in one move?, man I got stuck on that thing a load of times.
Im playing it on PSP at the moment and ive got to go in the temple of the ancients yet, I was like wait train loads before I go in....I'm lvl 40? with all 3 of my team....is that any good....

Carry armour - I was sat at my PSX for hours getting pwned by that beast.

Emerald Weapon - Again it took ages to do, that and i couldnt figure out the right tactics to defeat it...Dont fight it at lvl 53....does NOT work!

CStrife_91 said:
Im playing it on PSP at the moment and ive got to go in the temple of the ancients yet, I was like wait train loads before I go in....I'm lvl 40? with all 3 of my team....is that any good....

Yeah, I definitely think you're good to go... if you're level 40 before Temple of the Ancients (a little less than halfway through the game) you should be fine.

i think the hardest boss for me was the demon wall on the first playthrough, i mean i just beat bahamut then this thing comes out of the blue, i was not happy. also its very difficult to get your team to a decent level before this point because all the enemies you face are really weak, so yeah it was a challenge

Definitly the WEAPONS. Those drove me frickin' nuts. I still can't beat them. But I guess thats because that I didn't get Knights of round table.. or whatever...

Ok I had to tell someone this but I hated hojo I had to try and kill like 10 times he has like 4 forms and his last form he just put everyone to sleep then poisons them so they die after about ten minutes and at the time I had no sleep protection.

calis1000k.png
[/url]

Mine would have to be the Jenova you fight after Sephiroth kills Aeris. Its so damn hard to concentrate just after she gets killed. The Aeris Death Theme doesn't make it any easier either :'( Damn you Sephiroth, despite the fact you look hot!

Last edited:
The 2 I always have trouble with are both optional and in Wutai, which I always did right after Rocket Town: RAPPS and Godo.

If you're not prepared to deal with Wind damage then RAPPS can shred you w/i a few rounds with Aero3.

I didn't read up until recently that you could beat down Godo with Gravity and haven't played through since. I would always get him down to about 1K HP and he'd knock me out.

Materia Keeper FOR SURE. God, when you got into a battle with him, it was like the end lol!
Also in the Northern Cave, you run into this boss named, "Schizo", a dragon with two heads; one ice the other fire. It took me a long time to kill him and I was around level 87 or so. I also had Cid, Cloud, and Tifa on my team.

Also, normal monster wise it's gotta be Tonberry.

Last edited:
Back