The Nine Worlds: RP

Gaige

Mechromancer
Veteran
Gil
A portal opened from Asgard, the world of the gods. Two beautiful women stepped out from the swirling turquoise void as it dispersed, and looked at each other. They knew something was about to begin.

New York City would die today

OOC: Bringing the Valkyries in.

Samuel stepped out of the alley he had slept in last night. It was a sunny day. the blue sky was made brighter by the beautiful amber morning sun and the pair of fluffy white clouds drifting through the sky with lazy movements.

Was today going to be a good day?

Anastasia looked over the city of New York with her fellow Pure Ones. In one mere hour, the city would fall, collapse to rubble, their first conquest. Her heart thumped with euphoria, adrenaline and excitement.

New York City would die today.

Ellie looked on into the skyline of New York, one of the largest population centers in all of Earth. They knew that someone, or something big was going to happen here, although what was to hit it was still unknown to them.

She looked at Brunhilde but remained quiet true to her nature. She knew that for all it's worth, the two of them would have to do what they could to prevent an evil from rising today.

The question remained: Will they succeed?

Kiko stepped out from the house where he had slept. He looked around and saw the streets were empty, which was surprising for where he was. He looked to the sky and saw two clouds floating in the sky. He stood there and thought things over. He decided that nothing was wrong, and that it was just so early in the morning.

One question remained in his head, and in any other day: What was in store for Kiko today?

Walking about in New York city, with the tall buildings and many people, it was another sunny and noisy day. Some of the streets did remain empty for some reason. Arukab could easily blend in the city because it was so crowded, seeing someone dress as he would would be as simple as seeming like a costume. He would walk through the town, ready for when he was needed, as he was always near death, being the mystery he is. He would always wait for what he needed to do, and free roamed to wherever he wanted. He often chose the side that he desired, not a certain one. whichever seemed to be better.

He knew that there were others that did not belong here, but he was unaware of the reason for this. The Silver Phantom also knew that this was something different than usual, he felt his blood thicken with something different. The silver that made up his bone marrow was cold, and this was unusual. He would wait for whatever needed to be done, and choose his side.

Brunhilde crouched in sombre silence as she stared at the busy human city. So many lives and so many voices echoed throught the structures. It pained the Valkyrie to know that many of these will be silenced today. Her fingers ran slowly through her hair, combing it backwards before slipping her helm on and standing up next to Ellie.

The time is nearing. Ash. To me.

A swirl of mist gathered behind Brunhilde and a towering armoured archer stood from the inside. The archer lifted her helm's visor and scanned the city below.

By your will, Valkyrie.

Normally, Ash would comment on the Valkyrie's lax attitude and penchant for relaxing, but she could tell that there was something big going on and that Brunhilde was serious. From her back, Ash drew her Yumi bow and began walking forward first, ahead of the two goddesses.

DI Samuels and two colleagues stood over the freshly-slain corpse of Randall Jay, believed to be a victim of gang violence, who was identified by his wallet which was left untouched on the pavement. Samuels excused himself as he turned his back to the crime scene and walked slowly towards the police car, announcing the discovery on the police radio. The other two officers knelt close to the body, careful not to get too close, observing three stab wounds to the neck.

“Poor guy didn’t stand a chance” sighed the first cop.
“Hell, that looks painful. I wonder if he-”

A voice from behind interrupted.
“Heh… That’s not a bad piece of work. I congratulate the killer on the precision of the cuts around the neck. It may not have been as quick as a decapitation, but there is a heck of a lot more I could have endured if the circumstances left a little room for… entertainment”.

The two officers jumped to their feet, span round and drew their weapons, yelling out “freeze” in unison. As their eyes began to focus on the face of this rude interloper, however, it was them that proceeded to freeze, out of fear, for in front of them was Randall Jay with a menacing grin and holding a bloodied knife.
“What’s wrong boys? You look like you’ve seen a ghost” smirked Randall.

The officers attempted to keep their shaking arms steady, and tighten their grip.
“Drop the weapon, and put your hands on your head!” one of the officers ordered.

Randall then pulled out a vial containing sand. With this he poured the sand over his head, and his face and attire changed to that of Samuels.
“But guys… I found the knife! It is evidence!” Samuels reasoned, his smirk being the only feature unchanging from the character that had stood in his spot seconds before.

The two confused officers looked at each other in fear and confusion as their colleague rushed towards them, the officers too frightened to move their arms. The fact that they lacked the will to shoot someone that looked identical to their friend made them pause, and they failed to fire their guns. This presented an opportunity for Samuels to quickly disarm the two officers, bashing their heads together with such force as to render them both unconscious, and then slicing open their throats with the knife seconds after they hit the floor.

Samuels pulled out the vial again and poured the sand over his head. As the magic sand ran down his face and body, his appearance was changed again, this time revealing a bald-headed man with a goatee, though his police uniform he deliberately kept unaltered. As the sand was magically attracted back into the vial and subsequently sealed, Alasdair looked back at the two officers.
“Sorry fellas, we needed a good ride”.

As the car speeded forward, the lights whirling red and blue, the decapitated body of DI Samuels was left behind on the pavement.

-- - - - - -

Sarvophis surfaced from the waters of the Hudson River and surveyed his surroundings.

He had lately been angered by the state of New York, and how the city didn’t match his view of the perfect world. People were driven by greed, and at times committed terrible acts of thievery and murder for reasons he could not support. People were too busy to stop and talk to strangers on the street, or even to acknowledge them, and everyone had become self-centred in the eyes of the wise serpent. Sarvophis wanted to see none of this for mankind.

This hatred, however, was not the reason he had surfaced this day, for which he risked being spotted, causing a massive media storm by human civilians not in the know of any events that were about to unfold here. Instead, he had surfaced to observe a bigger threat for which he feared the consequences more than the demise of humankind through self-destruction.

Sarvophis had only been in New York for a short while, being sucked from his home in Yggdrasil. He found himself in the mortal realms, where they were not used to seeing such things as a 50ft long serpent. Rumours had spread across the media of sightings of a serpentine creature in the Hudson, and sightseers and tourists from all around the world had began to gather round the banks with the hope of becoming the first to capture this beast on camera, securing personal fame. Sarvophis therefore avoided surfacing unless totally necessary and unavoidable.

On this day, however, it was imperative that he did so.

Nereid, crouching over a large building overlooked the land below, thinking to himself, the best way to destroy New York City. His mind was filled with the numerous ways he could destroy the City, with the maximum suffering. With his Katana casually held on his shoulder he stood upright, chose a random building and opened his hand in it's direction before clenching it into a fist, causing the building to explode. The sound of it, as well as the deaths of the passers-by, caused him to giggle to himself, this was going to be a fun night!

Letting out a huge, sinister laugh he outstretched his arms and dropped from the building, somersaulting onto a streetlight, landing silently and acrobatically onto it as he saw some passers-by who noticed his landing he turned to face them before leeving over. "Boo!" this caused them to run away, screaming in terror which in turn, made Nereid laugh louder as he found another random building, a bakery and with his gaze alone he set it alight. "Destruction! Destruction! Is there any better way to have fun?"

"Fressshh souls all for the taking, most fortunate I am this day..." A form of shadowy light mused that seemed to twist and shift with the blowing wind high upon a rooftop overlooking the terror filled streets of New York city.

"Myyyy Talon, I have a tasssk for you!" The creature continued as if to be speaking to someone within the city.

"Yes my Lord your bidding is my lifes purpose", a reply crept into the mind of the Creature as its eyes brightened with morbid delight

"I wissh for the head of the chiief of policcce my pet, bring it to me!" The creature replied a seemingly wicked grin creeping upon it's shadowy face.

"It will be done my lord" The reply came as the creatures eyes flashed and its gaze fixed upon a figure dressed in shrouded clothing with a hood pulled over his head, an ornate skull mask placed over his face hiding several scars.

The figure moved quietly and swiftly, appearing to vanish from sight, before seemingly re-appearing behind a police barricade stood next to a particulary decorated officer.

"What the..."
The police officer shouted out with a started tone to what would be a normally stern and commanding voice while taking a good look at the man that had seemingly appeared from nowhere...

"Dont you think its a little early for halloween? you gave me quite the fright there kid, go home its not safe here!"
The officer continued as he snapped his look back to the front of the barricade.

"Fool" The masked man replied, a blade quickly flicking outward from his wrist gauntlet as he plunged it deep into the officers back, the blade potruding through the officers chest cavity as crimson liquid spurted from the wound covering the other police officers, who turned to face what was unfolding in horror.

Quickly flicking a second blade from his left handed gauntlet the masked man brought his other hand to meet the officers throat "Dont worry it'll be over in a moment" he muttered as a sadistic grin crept onto his face underneath the mask as he brutally pulled his hand across the officers throat decapitating him in one swift movement, pushing the headless corpse to the floor while cradling the head of the fallen officer.

"Your time is almost over!" The masked man continued before reaching into his belt and pulling out a small capsule and throwing it at the police officers, creating a smoke cloud as the masked man quickly retreated to the rooftop where the creature he had previously spoken to lied anxiously in wait, leaving the remaining officers dazed and mortified by what had just occured.

"Here you are, as you asked for my lord" The masked man ushered as he fell to one knee in front of the creature and extended his hands holding out the head as a trophy.

"Excelleeent my pet, thiis will do nicely...now let usss watch the carnage unfold"
The creature replied as it extended its hand and seemingly disolved the head of the officer with a wave of its hand, as the masked man nodded and prepared to follow his master.

Anastasia watched a building explode and used it to estimate the location of Nereid, the Destroyer. She also sensed the presence of the wraith's assassin. He had not yet taken over a body to join in the destructive orgy himself. Why?

Striking down a man with her sword, she watched his blood pool around her. A pity Taylana was not here yet. How she would have loved a taste of human blood. Still, there were plenty of these simple creatures to feed upon. A whole world buffet, ripe for the taking. And the fruit was as rewarding as that from the Tree of Knowledge.

"Freeze!" A policeman was pointing a pistol at her. Anastasia smiled, and her eyes glowed white for a moment, before the policeman turned away from Anastasia, and, to her delight, began firing into the crowd, felling a number of the panicking mass. Anastasia repressed a mad laugh. Twisting humans was even more fun.

His knife clutched in case the attackers targeted him, Samuel crept through the wreckage of a building, heart thumping madly in his chest. Oh Jesus. What was going on with the world?

[ooc: time to say goodbye to the police barricade, bit of music to accompany Raym's onslaught http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYfJme9mhHg /ooc]

As the twisted creature and his servant watched on and delighted in the screams of the tortured souls below, The Wraith kept a watchful eye on the police barricade that seemed to be still holding despite the loss of the Police chief...

"Stayy here my pet...I will deal with thisss personally!!" The creature hissed as it floated into the air and began to decent rapidly towards the barricade with an un-nerving and unearthly screech.

"Wha...what the hell is that thing!!?!" One of the officers paniced stumbling and nearly dropping his handgun
"SHOOT IT!!" another officer shouted while cocking his shotgun as Raym landed in front of them, his eyes glowing with intense hatred for the still breathing officers, there every heartbeat a seeming insult to the angry wraith.

The officers opened fire with everything they had, the bullets passing straight through Raym as he just hovered lightly over the ground, clutching his shadowy staff in his taloned hands

"Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha HA!!, Isss that all you pessky vermin have?"
The creatures laughter carrying in the terror soaked night air, seemingly more deafening than the screams of the terrified civilians.

"Myyy Turn!" Raym continued as he focused his gaze on a particulary frightened officer, his eyes burning like white hot coals from the depths of hell itself..."I see your innerr mosst fearsss, I see everything....I see your greatest NIGHTMARE!" with those words the officer began to sweat and panic attempting to flee in utter terror from something that could not be seen by the other officers.

As the officer tried to scramble to his feet, he is suddenly lifted skyward by an unknown force as blood spewed forth from his chest dampening the gravel below, his screams muffled by the curdling of the crimson liquid dripping forth from his mouth, as he drew his final breath, Raym waved his hand as he continued to stare at each officer and utter the same words....to each the unseen force began to materalise as something completely different to each one.

To the officer whom was the first victim, the last thing he saw was a giant scorpion, swinging its hulking stinger backwards after it had impaled his chest cavity.

To the officer who was wielding the shotgun, the embodiment appeared as a giant rat, that had bitten straight through his collegues chest and was now stalking towards him, its giant red eyes seemingly gazing into his very soul.

To the last officer, the being appeared to be that of his ex-wife, wielding a kitchen knife having just gutted his collegue she was now coming after him uttering "You cheated on me you bastard" As he tried to crawl away begging for forgiveness.

Raym watched on as each and every officer fell victim to there fears, to Raym, the creature was nothing more than a twisting shadow pulsing forth from his staff, the creature of fear was nothing more than a powerful Spell cloaked in an illusion of the fear he had extracted from there minds....as each fell, there very soul was being sucked into the Wraith as the staff also acted as a conduit for which he could feed.

Grinning in morbid delight, he lifted himself once more from the ground and returned to his previous position to continue watching the carnage unfold at the side of the man whom he had dubbed "The Wraith's Talon"

TAYLANA

The winds picked up, starting at a gently buffering wind, gradually increasing in pressure until a swirling vortex rose a good twenty stories high. Standing atop this minature tornado, rode a dark haired woman with thirsty crimson eyes, a peal of maniacal laughter echoing around her. Her eyes alighted upon the blazing building, rolling as she leapt from atop the raging wind. Calling upon her elemental manipulation, a strong gust of wind cushioned her descent and she landed close to a police officer panicking at the sudden destruction upon his city.

He turned and pointed his pistol in her face. "Well that's not very friendly, is it?" she said in a disapproving tone, hand moving out to push the weapon away from her as the officer fired. The bullet missed her face by a fraction of a millimetre, succeeding in leaving a very shallow graze along her flesh. "Seems I'm getting a little rusty.." she murmured, snapping the officer's arm and dragging it around to his back as she turned him forcefully. "You really shouldn't have pointed your gun at me," she chided, nuzzling at the flesh below his ear.

"Ahhh fear... I can smell it on you. You're afraid of me... and of the others. A shame you won't get to see the death of your city," she whispered into her ear before biting down upon his neck, her slightly pointed canines cutting into flesh. She shivered as his scarlet essence flowing into her mouth, dousing her tongue. His scream punctuated the air, resulting in a satisfied purr emanating from The Elemental's throat. With a sharp jerk of her hands, the officer's screams were cut off and his body thumped the ground like a sack of dead meat - which technically it was.

Blood trickled down her chin as Taylana took once more to her tornado, riding it to Anastasia. Giving the other woman (if you could really call either of them that) a smile that twisted into a smirk, the Elemental raised a hand to the sky, watched as it was ripped apart by a thunderbolt that crashed into a crowd of the cowardly humans, turning them to ash. "Great day for a massacre, if I do say so myself."

---------------------

ARIA

Fear... the city was ripe with it. Aria ran down alleyways, leapt over rubble and fought through crowds of terrified civilians... to find herself lost. Noticing a boy with a knife clutched to his chest, Aria took a look at her own weapons. A wooden harp and an undecorated dagger. "I'm going to die here..." she muttered, racing toward the boy, terror gripping at her stomach.

"Hey! Hey! You!"

(Sorry Aria's is so short. >.<)

Ellie watched as the carnage filled the city, and people were screaming as they were cut down by mysterious figures of darkness. She closed her eyes and draws her blade, eying it closely. Looking back at Brunhilde, she finally spoke. "It is time, let us begin.....Brunhilde." She walked forward and continued to eight the burning city one more time before she took flight to confront the so called, "Pure Ones."

"It is time, let us begin.....Brunhilde."

Brunhilde still had her eyes closed. Her ears could pick up the cries of the souls, each calling out to her as their physical body is severed from their souls. The Valkyrie raised her head, as if looking to the sky, took a deep breath and slowly opened her eyes. Her carefree spirit had departed from her body, leaving only determination, pride and her duty.

Yes....it is time.

Ellie had taken flight towards one of these Pure Ones. Brunhilde scanned the city and took another direction. In a flash all three beings that stood there disappeared in a flash

Brunhilde reappeared within the metropolis. All around her was burning fire and the air smelt of chaos. Bodies laid here and there, causing a heated sensation within herself. Even amongst the confusion and anarchy, Brunhilde still had her own sense and calmness. She could sense one of these Pure Ones nearby.

Ash, on guard. We will be having company soon..... Mayhaps you show yourself? I am sure there is plenty we can discuss about?

Ash knocked in an arrow into the Yumi bow, readying herself to draw within an instant. Brunhilde planted her sword in front of her before placing both hands on top, as if a cane. She was in a more relaxed stance than her Einherjar. She did not expect a hind attack from these Pure Ones. Her expectations are that they are powerful enough to have pride in not sneaking behind an open enemy, but respond to her challenge openly.

OOC: Any pure ones or affiliates are free to be the one ill be against.

Anastasia smiled at Taylana. "Absolutely, Taylana. It's a true wonder to see so many thousands fall by so few hands." She rolled her soldiers as she threw her weapon into a crowd, now in the form of a grenade, into the crowd of fleeing people. It exploded without being consumed itself, and Anastasia smiled as it returned to her hand, now a silvery, glittering rapier of deadly sharpness.

"How was your first taste of human blood, Taylana?" she enquired, a little smile playing around her lips, dancing in the flickering light in her exhilarated scarlet eyes and the blazing crimson flames from Taylana's attack.

Still, she sensed something nearby.A more powerful, divine presence. A Valkyrie. Well, this could get interesting. She would wait for the chooser of the slain to make herself known. A Valkyrie. The thought made her heart dance with delight.

OOC: Attack any time, Tipsy
Samuel turned around to see the girl running towards him and held out his dagger, but, seeing nothing but terror in the girl's eyes, realized she didn't mean him any harm, and lowered his weapon to suggest friendliness.

"Hey. If you want to survive, you'd better stick around. Those guys-he jerked his head in a general direction- "ain't letting no one out alive. I know this place like the back of my hand. Stick with me, and we'll get out."

OOC: The Alchemist and The Ruler can be here too.

Arukab heard a large sized explosion, too big for any normal terrorist activity or anything of the such. He decided to check this out. As he closed in he felt the presence of someone he had heard well of, and had always been nearby in many cases. It was Nereid the Destroyer. If he was here, then that was the reason Arukab was here as well. With this fresh in his head, he ran to find the Destroyer. While running, he focused on his hand, and as he ran silver began to come out of his hand, forming a blade, then he pulled it out with his other hand. As the final, he held a gunblade dubbed the "Soul Shot" in his hand.

Finding an intersection, he followed his sense. He then saw The destroyer named Nereid, so Arukab readied for combat. He noted as the Destroyer was keying in onto a bakery. Arukab took advantage of this and attempted to sneak in on his target, he approached with stealth, very silently. Making all his armor lighter, so he was also very agile and swift. Each step was carefully taken. When he got close enough, he readied his blade, and also made silver come from his wrist and extend forward to have a few extra cuts to this.

Descending from the soot covered skies, tinted red as the flames, Ellie flew down and landed in front of the two "Pure Ones", Anastasia and Taylana, with her sword drawn and her eyes closed. Slowly opening them, she looked at the two demons with her Jade-Green colored eyes.

"So....."
Ellie got into a battle stance, ready to confront the two. "....are you going to surrender, or do I have to eviscerate you two?"

--------
Katharina despite a mass battle going on, was trying to get her things with haste and leave the crumbling city, torn apart by death, destruction and anarchy. Picking up her pistol, a H&K USP.45. She quickly exited the building and headed out of the building. Which was starting to crumble and collapse under her.

Kat barely managed to hold on, but lost her briefcase in the wreck. "Shit, my work..." She saw her stuff crushed and damaged by the rubble.

Kat managed to climb up along the broken stairwell and jumped down to the next level down. But now she must survive the crowd who are rushing over, under and beside each other to get out of the city with their lives.

OOC: RIght. Ill fight Anastasia then. Also, since its now two on two, i can get Ash, the einherjar to go somewhere else. Should i get her to meet one of the Heroes? Any suggestions?

Ellie's appearance raised one of Brunhilde's eyebrow. It might have been better had she gone to another sector, but this was also good. Facing off against two of these Pure Ones would be difficult. Ash could hold off one for a while, but ultimately, it was more likely than not that she would lose.

Ash...go off and see if you can assist those in need. At the very least, draw some attention to yourself as to let the humans escape.

Yes ma'am. By your will, i'll be going.

"So.........are you going to surrender, or do I have to eviscerate you two?"

I do not believe surrenderring would be of much use. It is them or us.

These Pure Ones seemed intent on continuing to massacre the civilians of this city. Brunhilde had to put a stop to it or die trying.

I am the Valkryie Brunhilde Esprite, i shall face you in this battle.

In a split instant, Brunhilde had dashed forward and jumped high into the air, launching an overhead draw slash down at the gothic woman. Ellie would have to deal with the other.

Last edited:
Alasdair zoomed through the city in the police car, turning his head for brief moments from time to time to see the various destructive scenes. He came across multiple dead police officers and a broken blockade.

"Looks like that screeching headache got here already. I guess that makes it easier for me in the long run. Those guys were meant to be my colleagues but they haven't exactly seen me before, and I don't have time for fun little murders on the way."

Alasdair picked up speed for a little while longer, swerving in between cars, and on occasion resorting to the pavement. After several minutes he stopped suddenly, got out of his car and grabbed the attention of a news crew.

"Guys, are you looking for an explanation for this?" he asked.

"Of course we are. It's madness at the moment. People are running in every direction! We're hearing reports of murders from every district of the city, one of our cameramen disappeared just in front of us, and we're personally getting a feeling that something very strange is going on. We're waiting on official word" cried the reporter.

"Well I'm about as official as you're gonna get today. They sent me. I've got a message to be broadcast to the city... No... To the United States of America.. No... To the entire world! It needs to be live, and out fast. Skip the formalities and just let me get the message out straight away, and pull the strings to get it live, and out in the streets" stated Alasdair, gesturing with his arms as he ran back to his car.

"Ok, send them a message, then shoot boys, and pass me my mic. We need-" ordered the reporter.

"Not here" Alasdair interrupted. "Let's take this to Liberty Island".

---

Sarvophis swam closer to the banks of the Hudson and looked up. He focused on some merchandise stands but looked away immediately with disgust. The stands, which had massive signs above them stating that they were "Hudson Monster gift stalls" were selling, among other objects, long green cuddly toy snakes, with large ears, cute puppy-like eyes, and a full u-shaped happy smile. This was in stark contrast to the visage of rage currently occupying Sarvophis' face.

"Pitiful humans! Do they really think I look like that?!" Sarvophis lifted his head higher to have another look.

"Foolish monkeys! Cashing in on anything... My mere existence appears to be filling their wallets. What horror!"

Being blinded by this rage, he was slow to notice that he himself appeared safe from the flashes of the photography of journalists, sightseers and news reporters. Why had he not been spotted if everyone had been lingering over the banks watching and waiting for the serpent to emerge?

His fears of being caught in a net, tested and cut up, or being placed in a tank at Sea World for the entertainment of little children were suddenly washed from his mind. The anarchy had begun. The people on the bank had left their positions, now running aimlessly, confused and frightened. Police, too few in number, would try to calm the panic but it was no use. Some people, with pure anger in their eyes, were throwing bricks and flaming bottles at police cars. The police, it seemed, were perceived by some as being at the centre of the threat, unaware of the carnage unleashed by the Pure Ones.

Sarvophis pondered that it was possible that he had surfaced too late. That he had his estimated time wrong. He threw this from his mind immediately. Sarvophis is rarely wrong with his predictions; they were early.

"This is worse than I could ever foresee. Is it too late? No fool! Pull yourself together. There is still time yet!"

Sarvophis slithered his way into the sewers and propelled himself as fast as he could.

---

Now standing at the base of the Statue of Liberty, his back to the pedestal, Alasdair prepared himself for the statement he was about to make.

"Ok, you're good to go in three... Two... One", gestured the cameraman.

"This is no ordinary broadcast", announced the reporter. "And I have been ordered to hand over straight away to DI.. errr... A DI, who has an announcement to make regarding the current situation in New York. He-".

"- Citizens of New York, the United States, or anyone else who is watching." The microphone is yanked from the reporter's hand by Alasdair.

"You may have noticed that the streets of New York are chaotic. Bodies are appearing in nearly every street, yet it appears so far unclear what is causing this disorder. It is true, the police have regrettably fired into the crowds, but they have paid the price. As the last trustworthy police officer I urge you all to ignore everything the authorities might tell you. But do not despair! We will be the victors here! Now... My advice to you all to combat this situation is very simple..."

Alasdair's face broke into a grin.

"Put a gun to your head, and pull the trigger".

"WHAT?!" cried the reporter, too shocked to order the cameraman to stop filming.

"We will win. You will lose. New York is a goner. Stop fretting about it and accept it! All hope is gone, and you ARE going to die today! A new age will begin!"

Alasdair reached into his pocket, pulled out a remote and pressed the button firmly. A deafening bang was heard behind him while an explosion on the pedestal sent the statue tumbling down, breaking apart as it hit the ground. The camera zoomed in on the devastated national symbol as the head and torch-wielding arm broke off and plunged into the water.

Alasdair took out his vial, sprinkled sand over his head and body, and smirked as he transformed himself into a moving, human-sized Statue of Liberty.

"God bless America, land that you love"

Alasdair lunged forward with the torch, thrusting it through the skull of the reporter, killing her instantly and spraying her blood on the other members of the crew. He then smashed his tablet over the head of the cameraman and laughed as he chased the others into the water, holding their heads under once they reached their final destination.

Still laughing uncontrollably, Alasdair looked once more at the camera before turning it off.

"So yeah.. You're pretty f*cked".

Last edited:
Raym had been watching Alasdair's actions from afar with some disgust, even this unliving creature of Chaos had little love for showing off, and less still for public spectacles. Despite being on the same side, Raym has never really liked the shifters style nor has he ever kept quiet about it, and it was not uncommon for the two to have argued in the past which is the main reasoning by there different arrivals due to the destroyer keeping them seperated to keep them from in-fighting as they have done in the past.

Raym floated toward the now defunct liberty island leaving his accomplise to head somewhere into the city, and hovered behind the serpentine shape that Alasdair had adopted.

"Yooou neverr changeee do youuu? Sssstill showing offf after all thisss time!"
Raym hissed as he shook his head with his shadowy arms seemingly crossed.

One of New York's huge moniters, nestled on a building, displayed the carnage as Alisdair's little explosion sent America's symbol of pride, justice and freedom to the ground, condemning it to dust with no more than a push of a button. Anastasia smiled delightedly as she heard the terrified yells of the reporters and news crew as they met their end at the hand of the Shapeshifter, before the moniter went totally black, signalling that Alisdair had had his fun.

Anastasia was so enthralled with Alisdair's message that she failed to notice Brunhilde's leaping attack until it was almost too late, and only just backed out of the way, drawing her sword with a chilling chuckle and circling Brunhilde.

"A Valkyrie, hmm? I have to say, I'm honoured that a Chooser of the Slain felt that it was necessary to intervene in our madness..." She smiled again, showing straight white teeth. "I wonder why. Do the gods feel threatened by our presence in this world? Do we threaten equilibrium?" Anastasia pointed her sword at Brunhilde.

Regardless of her taunts, this was still a Valkyrie, and Anastasia had to eliminate her quickly. Much more powerful than the humans she had already extinguished.

Still, this woman of the gods could make for an interesting challenge. The first battle of the War between Order and Chaos was about to begin.

Lunging forward, Anastasia moved swiftly, jabbing her sword three times towards Brunhilde's torso with accuracy and strength that would have a human slumped, bleeding and dead on the ground. How much could this Valkyrie endure?

Back