[11/06] Final Fantasy Versus XIII confirmed as Final Fantasy XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mo9tx1ph1N1qe9psdo1_500.gif

:lew:

Are you trying to wreck people's eyes with that? :wacky:

I must say, though, that extra gameplay footage looks pretty neat. :O It's not too dissimilar to the footage they released a couple of years back, but it just looks a heck of a lot better. Were those Iron Giants? They looked pretty awesome, and it's great seeing them back again. :D

You have very sensitive eyes!

It's just a simple way to see the characters without watching the trailer 100 times.
Also the guy earlier said there were no girls. Now he can see there are at least 2.

For a while the gif just looped really quickly. Mighta just been my laptop. :lew:

I like the look they're going for with these characters though. Not quite the grizzled warriors you would expect to save the world, but at least they look considerably less self-obsessed. :monster:

I'm glad they're not all little kids or all boys with feminine figures.

Agree. They actually kinda look hot. :ari: I've never really felt attraction to videogame characters. In my defense though they're so realistic looking.

I'm wondering if the second girl is the mysterious dragoon woman seen in earlier trailers. Though, since versus is a main game now they've probably expanded the story and scrapped old roles. I like how they made Noctis and his gang more gritty and Stella a bit softer. I also keep wondering if the left side is of Noctis' kingdom and the right of Stella's. Maybe her family is the one trying to steal the last crystal? :hmmm: I guess we'll have to wait for the game. I wonder who the english voice actors are gonna be.

Stella got a total overhaul. She doesnt look like the old character model which was good looking. I even said in the past Stella seemed to be the hottest female char up to present. Now its not the case anymore.

I heard FFXV will also release on ps3?

The whole appearance of the game kinda reminds me of Nolan's Batman reboot where he made the world of Batman far more familiar/believable. The slogan "Fantasy based on reality" is particularly interesting. I'm assuming we saw Leviathan in the trailer too. It reminded me of a God Of War set piece. It definitely had a 'realistic' vibe to it though as opposed to previous installments. The visuals blew me away when I watched again today in 1080p.

The whole appearance of the game kinda reminds me of Nolan's Batman reboot where he made the world of Batman far more familiar/believable. The slogan "Fantasy based on reality" is particularly interesting. I'm assuming we saw Leviathan in the trailer too. It reminded me of a God Of War set piece. It definitely had a 'realistic' vibe to it though as opposed to previous installments. The visuals blew me away when I watched again today in 1080p.

My thoughts exactly when I saw the big plaza with the circle in the middle and all those monsters in the midst of it! "This is going to be like God of War!" :O Ha, ha...I am impressed...especially, I think, since everything in the trailers happens at the beginning since they are just taking the crystal, which I think is the first step that will cause the trouble, struggles, and whole journey of the game. But I still have in mind that these are only trailers - only when the game comes out and gets reviewed as well as receives the awaited approval of fans as another great FF will I be bought. It's been a long time and the trailers are pretty impressive...this is SE's big chance to show us that they still have it with FF. If it doesn't go that way, there will be a great deal of disappointment and loss.

I also, after rewatching the trailers, noticed Noctis's red bottoms of his shoes, lol. I actually kinda like it! Makes him stand out in battle. xD

Stella got a total overhaul. She doesnt look like the old character model which was good looking.

Unfortunately, yeah. I have to agree with this. I took a look at the new Stella render and compared it with the previous ones. It does look like Nomura decided to make her a bit cuter with larger eyes, and now she looks more like a 3D anime character design than previously. Shame, really. I did like the more realistic look they were going with her when it was Versus, but it looks like they had to fill the cute-girl quota.

I am also okay with what looks like a major sausage fest so far, with neither of the female characters shown much, or participating in the battle trailers. I do like a bit of bromance going on from time to time~

FFXV is PS4 and Xbone, so next-gen only. I'm amused that the internet is somewhat calm about this, when it was up in arms after 2008's E3 when Wada showed up in Microsoft's conference, announcing FFXIII for the 360. Oh, how times have changed. I'm perfectly fine with this. Not like I care about the Xbone and its regressive consumer-hating bullshit to consider for a microsecond to support it.

I do hope the storyline hasn't been "livened" up to fit that of a title game. Versus always seemed to be a darker type of Final Fantasy.

I also liked the (hint) of the direction they were originally going with Noctis, so again I hope he isn't dramatically altered to fit this franchises usual hero type.

:hmmm:

They should have never changed anything from the first few trailers. Now everything looks punk/rock and goofy. I don't mean the world looks goofy...I just mean the characters look like a joke. Their previous designs differentiated them, especially Noctis's shotgun friend, and I agree about the change in Stella compared to before. They all had a real, dark design before but now they've been commercialized. I REALLY don't think that hard core royalties in a reality-based FF game dress (or should) the way Noctis and his friends do. I really hope they don't make these designs the final product because that would really tick something in me. But as long as there is an excellent story, cast, and romance between Noctis and Stella, it's okay; that'll make up for it. :D

Stella got a total overhaul. She doesnt look like the old character model which was good looking. I even said in the past Stella seemed to be the hottest female char up to present. Now its not the case anymore.

She definitely looks older and her face seemed to be reworked. I still think shes very beautidul but im more interested in who the assassins creed looking guy, second female, and that pink hair guy are about.

She definitely looks older and her face seemed to be reworked. I still think shes very beautidul but im more interested in who the assassins creed looking guy, second female, and that pink hair guy are about.

You're saying the new Stella looks older?

FFXV Stella:

FF Versus XIII Stella
:

FFXV Stella clearly looks younger, and they've attempted to make her look cuter. The result is sadly something that looks generic. At least the Versus Stella stood out because she looked realistic. This one has big, bulging eyes that are almost auditioning for a part in an anime.

Altair is in this game! Well, if FFXIII-2 has an Ass Creed DLC costume, and Lightning Returns is taking gameplay elements from Ass Creed, heck, why not put Altair in the game? Nothing is true. Everything is permitted!

Jaysus, I was hoping they didn't alter Stella drastically. I really like her old look in contrast to the newer one. Meh, let's see how it goes. Do y'all she could be a potential party member or one of the antagonists?

I do not know why people think Stella is less of a beauty now. I think she still looks like a fine woman. They changed her eyes, and the face a little bit as well. Can we just get a full artwork of her before we judge?

Antagonist? Well in a very early trailer she was seen fighting Noctis. Perhaps she was ordered to do so? It has been unknown for a long time.

640px-Final_Fantasy_XV_-_Cast.PNG

The guy in the white hood looks just like the guy in much earlier trailers. Anyone remember him?

You're saying the new Stella looks older?

FFXV Stella:

FF Versus XIII Stella
:

FFXV Stella clearly looks younger, and they've attempted to make her look cuter. The result is sadly something that looks generic. At least the Versus Stella stood out because she looked realistic. This one has big, bulging eyes that are almost auditioning for a part in an anime.

Altair is in this game! Well, if FFXIII-2 has an Ass Creed DLC costume, and Lightning Returns is taking gameplay elements from Ass Creed, heck, why not put Altair in the game? Nothing is true. Everything is permitted!
She looks like she has sun damage, and I always associate sun damage with age.

I am almost certain that the ones on the right are antagonists or antiheroes in one way or another.

This means our protagonists are pretty much the One Direction of Final Fantasy!

Can we just get a full artwork of her before we judge?

No we don't. We have a decent closeup of the face and I am comparing the facial models. I can tell also that the hair looks a lot nicer in the Versus Stella, but it's the eyes that are the most egregious of the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back