[S/D] Eureka Academy: Second Semester

I had volunteered to have Orion teach a martial class, but I'm scrapping that as we have more then enough people.

One of Orion's periods is going to be totally free, as he judges that Eureka does not have teachers to teach him anymore. Kinda close, as we don't have any teachers teaching solely martial arts or physical combat, I believe. So, he generally spends his free period researching in the library, meditating, and/or doing target practice with throwing knives.

Meh, those that are up, we'll leave em be. Just a warning to all the teachers is that expect a lot of them to be twiddling thumbs in the teacher lounge during the week unless they have something else to do. And seriously, avoid making these private tutorial classes unless its plot driven for your characters. When you DO make one, (cuz one of my characters actually needs this as plot device) restrict it to one on one, at most two. the second person has to be also premediated so no random walking in on the tutorial and deciding to join.

I think that's a good call there.

Oliver, if you read this when you get back, I wanna talk about an idea I like to share with you. It's about the ranking system...

Hopefully I'll remember when you get back...

One is considering joining :monocle:

Just wondering, I was considering making a 'Sage' class character (can pretty much use any kind of magic, including summoning but is pretty shit physically)

I was initially going to have him Black Sect but i'd assume being all uber powerful from the get go would be a bad idea, so if for instance I didn't have Summoning magic at the start and went into Red, would that be suitable? :hmmm:

*looks around, then mock sighs*

Huh... well, I would guess so. Course, you'd end up being paired with someone who is physically powerful but no so magic-wise, like my character, during missions.

The only reason that there even is black sect characters is because we have re-treads from last year. Such as Orion and a few others.

Oh yeah, since I may as well ask... who's in charge of which sect? I remember delegating responsibilities last semester, but now that the Student Council has changed...

Ah, in that case it would have to be Red then :lew:

I'd only end up giving him Damage, Healing, Defense and Debilitation magic anyway in that case, just deciding on a weapon between a 1 handed spear (think Tear from TOTA) or have a costless knockback based spell for CQC.

I'll wait till Oliver says yay or nay before I start in case he objects xD

Wise course. Though I did help (barely) in the making of this RP, and have kinda gotten a hang of how it works, wait for the RP master before any final say.

And for your character... I would say either a mace, staff, your spear idea, or the knockback spell idea. Though do remember, if your getting CQC, something is very wrong. That's why people are paired carefully... kinda. In reality, the only people who use pure physical is a small amount, and so pure magical should also be small. Mixes of magic and physical are pretty common, as that's how Eureka works.

Ya, I just mean if he's put in a situation where the enemy is too close to use any normal spells whether due to range or charge time, so the 'castless' spell would just be a final defense to get the enemy far back enough :wacky: it's more built to move the enemy away then really hurt them.

That makes sense, considering your character. I think that would fit best, as like you said, you would have shitty-ass physical, if you have all that magical.

I think Orion would take it upon himself to be your guardian.... if he ever met you and learned about you.

Considering how I plan to have his personality, they'd probably get along quite well, he's very 'survival of the fittest' personality wise and quite undermining to those who can't take care of themselves :wacky:

Orion. Not able to take of himself? You freaking wish.

The dude survived the blowing up a ship, when he set off a bomb, and some time in Diaga, the complete rival school that kinda lost epicly against us last semester. So... yeah. Orion surviving big time.

Haha, I didn't mean Orion, I meant anyone else, it's more the fact Orion CAN take care of himself that they'd get along fine xD

If for instance my guy got paired up with someone who needed to be protected all the time or anything, he'd take quite a dislike on them and find any injury they get their own fault :wacky:

Anyway imma stop posting in here, I dunno if my character is even okayed yet :rofl:

Edit: Just as a note for Oliver, in regard to summoning anything I ever summon is purely used for defense, they have limited ability in offensive combat, more serving as meat shields :monster: and is having 2 of each spell type at the start okay? In the light that i'll be a Sage?

Last edited:
Hi, I would love to join this RP, I will create a Bio soon but i just wanted to know if it is ok for my character to be a 'shapeshifter'? I wanted to make him/her really bad at it... so instead of turning into a tiger or something he/she would turn into a kitten by accident (but he/she would sometimes get it right)

are things like this ok for this RP? :)

sounds cool! could be awkward and hilarious i approve of it:) (not that my vote counts for anything!)

BITCHES DON'T KNOW BOUT MY SPELLSWORD

Name: Alyss Mithrandir
Title/Alias: None
Alignment: Neutral Good
Date of Birth: December 3rd
Place of Birth: Riven – The Hidden Elf City of Perpetual Rain
Current Residence: Eureka Academy dorms
Resides With: No one
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Race: Elf
Class: Spellsword
Nationality: Japanese – Riven being located in Japan
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual (kept hidden from others)
Weight: 105 pounds
Height: 5,8
Skin Tone: Light
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: white/silver
Blood Type: O-
Body Type: Slender
Appearance:
34h8010.jpg

Personality: Alyss is rather light hearted and well mannered as well as clam and respectful. She always tries to avoid confrontation, and is not a fan of mindless senseless fighting. No matter what the situation she will always try to manage an unbiased opinion unless it goes against her personally beliefs. She also tends to be somewhat shy around new people. She won’t speak unless spoken to, and when she does speak, it’s in rather short sentences. Once she gets to know someone, she opens up more, but still manages to be somewhat quiet, though she will speak up more often than she would if she didn’t know the person. Her voice is gentle, and she has a slight English accent (her parents grew up around Britain, and moved to Riven located near Japan when she was born).

When in combat, she fights with honor and dignity. She will never take the easy way out, or the childish approach. She hates dark places, as she is afraid of the dark, and she cannot stand those who do evil deeds even if the ends “justify” them. She also has a case of aphenphosmphobia, a fear of being touched. When touched, she locks up and cringes, unable to stand it.
First Impression: Most people seem to think that Alyss is very cute, and as a result, also think of her as weak.
Distinguishing Marks: None
Religion/Spiritual Views: Atheist
Political Affiliation: Technocrat/Magicrat
Attire: Alyss wears a Japanese styled long kimono. Unlike the tight ones that restrict movement, her kimono is very loose, and looks more like a robe. The sleeves are long to cover her arms (fear of being touched) and to hide her arms so that the enemy will be unable to predict where her arms would move for strikes. The robe is a very light red to the point where it looks pink, and the robe underneath is almost a peach color.
Special Talents/Abilites: Alyss enjoys cooking and fixing computers, and is quite skilled at both of them.
Weapons: In battle, Alyss holds two lightweight short katana’s. They are small, very sharp, and she can use them with deadly accuracy.
Strengths: Alyss’ speed is her greatest strength. She can maneuver in and out of enemy blows with ease. She can also swing her swords rather quickly and strike with precision, allowing her to fell an enemy with relative ease.
Weaknesses: However, her speed comes from her light frame. It doesn’t take too many hits to bring her down. In fact, one well placed hit could take her out very easily, whether it be by blade, fist, or magic.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Vitality : As stated above, Alyss is very fragile due to her small frame.

Speed : Alyss is very fast. With no magical assistance, she can run at about 15mph.

Stamina : In combat, Alyss can swing her swords at a fast consistent speed for about 20 minutes before she gets too tired to fight.

Reflexes : Due to her speed, Alyss can dodge blows, enemy fire (arrows and magic) rather quickly. Though, as stated before, one hit can end it for her if she isn’t careful.

Fighting Style : When in battle, Alyss longs to get things over with rather quickly. Therefore, she strikes quickly and with precision in hopes that she can fell her enemy without un-needed bloodshed or death. Being a Spellsword, Alyss can use one element in combat, and one other magical move. One is to fire lightning from her hands, and the other is to teleport, which she will use if she has to get out of the way quickly.

Weapons : Her weapons are two small light katana’s. (pictured above)

Magic : Lightning shot – The ability to fire lightning from her hands. It’s unable to kill, but more than capable of rendering someone unconscious.

Lightning Rod – Similar to Lightning Shot, she fires lightning out from her swords.

Teleportation – Used to get out of the way, and get to places faster. She can’t manage distances too great, but in combat it can save her life. Using this in conjunction with her swords, she can be rather deadly.

Other Skills : Cooking

Favorite Food: Chicken Alfredo
Least Favorite Food: Every vegetable (except for Ocra)
Bad Habits: Being too blunt in conversation, making silly mistakes in combat, daydreaming
Job/Occupation: None… yet.
Past Occupations: None.
Activities/Organizations: None.
Speech: Alyss has a slight English accent (due to her parents being from Britain), and speaks in a direct fashion. She never hides the truth, unless it’s rude, and then she only tries to soften it by speaking nicely. She speaks in a well mannered fashion, and in complete sentences. She doesn’t use words such as “don’t” or “can’t” and prefers to say the whole thing.
Quote: “I am terribly sorry, but can you please direct me to the library.”

Relationship Status: Single
Relationship History: None – Due to being afraid of the reaction people will get upon finding out her sexual preference, she has avoided all relationships as if they were the plague.
Family: Mother – Alyssia Mithrandir – Spellsword
Father – Alysstair Mithrandir - Battlemage
Personal Adversaries: None.
Close Companions: None… Yet.
As an Elf, Alyss has always had to hide her identity by covering her ears. Most Humans would find the sight of an Elf rather odd, and they would most likely do awful things to her (as her parents had her believe). Therefore, she was always quiet and kept to herself. Alyss read books often as a child, and even more so as a young woman. She never once owned a television, but did own multiple computers, which she fixed up on a daily basis. She feels very at ease with her head in a book, or in a computer.

Coming from a long line of Mithrandir’s, Alyss at first decided to pick up magic. She was rather good at it, but upon reading so many books, she begun to love swords. As a result, she took after her Mother and became a Spellsword. She practiced for many years, and became rather adept at it. Being sheltered most of her life, that was pretty much all she did.

Eventually, her parents told her about Eureka Academy, and now she is enrolled as a late transfer student. Excited and unable to contain herself, she looks forward to starting her studies at Eureka Academy.

ID INFO:

Color: Red
Avi/Picture:
1193x5d.jpg

Dislikes: The dark
Sect: Red

*applause*

Another fabulous bio by our own master mage Ringo!

Joking aside, she looks really cool. I'd love to spar against her sometime!

Just for you Oli. Aren't i nice?

Partial List. Missing Vikki's character, Oli's character and a few teachers whose bios that arent up. For sake of simplicity, please copy and paste your old bios from the old thread here so that i can link them up

StuCo [4/4]

Phelda Stella Marx - Lil'Redskx {Incomplete} XD

Escaflowne Zraith - Tipsynaruto

Eliane Chevalier - Schnee

Raistlin Majere - Alyss

DisCo [5/5]

Veerle Shinja - Saga (Was that her name?)

Delijah Fei - Tipsynaruto

Athena Hale - Frau Farbissina

Estrella Briller - Pandora

Bartholomew Nembers - Valvalis

Black Sect

Orion Smith - Silver Shadow

Red Sect

Alyss Mithrandir - Alyss

Vergil Saunder
- Mortel

Blue Sect

Maya Kamiya - Tipsynaruto

Evelyn Rosemonde - Crimson Wolf

Faith Rhodes - Himeno-Pretear

Crimson Wolf - Crimson Wolf

Story Yuta
- o0PinkSquid0o

Staff

Mishra Ayrie - Gavin AEtherae

Nathaniel Murdoch - Arretu

Horatio Nelson Charles The Third- FireFrenzy {In question}

James Lawrence Hoffman - Gavin AEtherae {In question}

Last edited:
*claps hands*

Now see! This is the kind of person who should be on Student Council! Exactly why I quit.

Also... I'm the only black sect? Aren't the disciplinary members black? I thought a few of them were....

Look at us all neatly organized and listed. :ryan: Thank you, Tipsey . :wacky:

And to answer your question, Shadow, I think you're the only Black Sect student so far. The DisCo would have their own section (like the StuCo and Staff) while the students are listed by whatever sect they're in. :grin:

Oh, and Olive - considering now that Survivor is postponed, is the RP going to start back at April 1st or on a later date still? :hmmm:

Ah demand cookies!

But yea... until we get bios from people that are interested reposted here, i am leaving them out. They wanna rp here, they post their bios here. If its one of their own original, then link it on this thread.

And yea. Like Pandora said, Organisation before sect.

Back