your luckiest fight?

It was when I was fighting X-ATM092. Instead of running away, I tried to kill it. I had a pretty low level. Squall and Selphie were down 'cause I forgot to heal after the fight with Elvoret and Zell had like, 30-40 HP left. Well, luckily Zell was the one I equipped with Quezacotl. I summoned and boosted it, destroying X-ATM092. That was a good day for me.

The Bahamut sequence, where you have to fight two consecutive Ruby Dragons before the Dragon King. I was over lv.70 so there was a very real threat that the Rubys might use breath on me; I ended up getting Odin on both of those dragons and thus only had to fight Bahamut. I have heard rumors that this is scripted -- any truth to this. In any event, I felt lucky

D4D

Well, upon reading your post I can't help but wonder... Same happened to me, except Odin only came out on the second Ruby Dragon, after I had already been struggling to kill the first one. I thought it was sheer random luck, but now I don't know anymore.

Also, after fighting the robot which used a Corona-something attack, I forget now (it's been years since I played it), point is, it wiped out my entire party, Phoenix popped out, revived everyone and I killed the thing next turn. Again, apparently Phoenix always comes out when you have a Pinion, but I didn't know it back then and hadn't planned out the fight as having Phoenix for backup, so as far as I'm concerned, the fact it came out was sheer luck. ;)

Last edited:
Luckiest fight...it was about the 10th time i was fighting Omega Weapon. I tried all sorts of party combos and strategies to beat him but couldn't. Finally I had Squall, Zell, and Selphie as my members. Zell used an aura on Selphie and The End was the first thing that popped up.

Ultima weapon on my first play through was the toughest fight, especially with no stratagy going into the fight. I didnt have many GF's and the ones I had didn't have that high of levels and not many abilities. I had to rely on squall's lionheart to win it for me after atleast 4 tries. I remember the first time i faced him, he light pillared 2 of my characters right in a row, and squall didnt have items on him, and i was just trying to get off a limit break, but he killed me. That was my first playthrough, but now i can pwn him really easily. (probably most people can)

Battle against Omega Weapon was my luckest fight being as I was able to pull off Selphie's The End to well... end the battle even it was the cheapest move in the game to do it. =)

i also experienced that, pwned omega weapon in 9 seconds lol XD

Mine would have to be when I was fighting Omega Weapon, and he used Terra Break and my party members died, but Phoenix revived me. God damn, was I lucky or what?

Last edited:
It would have 2 be the machine after the prison, i was doing a solo run and my other party wasn't ready at all!!! the end saved me thought:)

Seifer Round 4 was pretty lucky. He had us down to near death and I took a risk and drew and cast aura on Squall. Squall then comes down with a Lionheart and wins the fight. I took and a risk and it won me the battle so I think I got pretty lucky.

Luckiest fight to date- beating Odin with 4 seconds to spare. I don't know what happens if you run out of time, but I was amazed that I'd done it at all.

My luckiest fight? Beating Bahamut with all my people dead except Squall XD It was so hard I think I was sweating Bullets that day. I had to use Kamakazi just to make it half way through the fight with him :gonk:

No doubt: my very first fight against Diablos - at level 9 or 10. I had no idea what the Magical Lamp was for and I used it. I didn't have a clue about the tactics; I just started throwing GF:s at him and when they died (pretty fast) I started using all of those first rank spells I had.

I didn't know what kind of spell Gravija was and every time Diablos casted it I was like "Omg noooo he's killing meee!" and just spammed cure after another. Squall died first, then after some time Selphie. Both got unlucky with Gravija + physical attack combination. It took about 30 mins to bring Diablo's HP down with just fires, blizzards and thunders.

At the end there was only Zell left with yellow HP and of course I couldn't restore his HP properly since he was the only target out there and Diablos was after him all the time. I used scan and found out Diablos had only 400something HP left and I used Zell's limit break. He killed Diablos with the last strike and possibility he had, since his HP was 3 at this point.

Diablos down on first try, no tactics, just messing up, panicking and a couple of heart attacks. Whoo!

Back