Mog's Tent
What was your first Final Fantasy?

How old were you?

What console did you play it on?

Did you enjoy it?

Was it the first one you finished?

Who was your favorite character?

What was your favorite scene?

Would you recommend it to someone to play first in the Final Fantasy series?

Is the game your favorite in the series still?

Last edited:

Final Fantasy IV (II on snes in America)

How old were you?

Ohh jeez... Really young.... 8?

Super Nintendo

Did you enjoy it?

Oh Hell yeah!

Yes, it was

Kain and Cecil

Hard to say, but probably when Kain rejoined the party

Honesty, not to start with, unless they were gaming back before the PS1/N64 generation

One of the top three

Last edited:
Final Fantasy VII

Sony Playstation (original fat-ass version)

Did you enjoy it?
Damn fucking right I did

I think so

Cid Highwind. He was the older, foul-mouthed, cigarette smoking, spear-wielding bad-ass of the group who owned the Tiny Bronco plane and Highwind airship.
Was also strangely attractive for a dude, but maybe that was just me...
female-cid-highwind-final-fantasy-7-cosplay-2.jpg

Followed by Vincent who could transform into monsters and kill shit. 'cos thats always cool.

When the WEAPONS awoke and broke free from the Northern Crater. Gave the sense that shit was really about to go down.

I did and enjoyed it so can't exactly not recommend it as a starting point. However thesedays there are probably better options. Probably.

Yeah, pretty much. Final Fantasy V and IX come close if not equal thesedays.

VII

PS1

Did you enjoy it?

It changed my life.

Yes and I felt like my little 12 year old life had ended.

Tifa. Forever.

Red XIII finding Seto.

Yes and no. Most new gen gamers can't handle the graphics, and don't have the patience to read all the dialogue and level up, etc. To an older gamer, absolutely.

I think it will always be my favourite game of all time.

What was your first Final Fantasy? Final Fantasy Anthology (FF V and FF VI) Played FF VI all the way through, but played FF V much later.

How old were you? 7

What console did you play it on? PS1

Did you enjoy it? Absolutely

Was it the first one you finished? Yes

Who was your favorite character? Kefka Palazo

What was your favorite scene? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRa14aK0g4

Would you recommend it to someone to play first in the Final Fantasy series? Yes, to me its the best in the main series over-all of course that is my opinion :)

Is the game your favorite in the series still? Favorite in the main series yes.

What was your first Final Fantasy? Final Fantasy II (4)

How old were you? I was probably 10 or 11

What console did you play it on? Super Nintendo

Did you enjoy it? Absolutely loved it. The story, music, adventure.

Was it the first one you finished? Yes, took probably twice as long as it should of!

Who was your favorite character? Definitely Cecil.

What was your favorite scene? I always liked when new characters joined. However it also sucked when ones left.

Would you recommend it to someone to play first in the Final Fantasy series? I would say so. As long as they aren't a graphics snob.

Is the game your favorite in the series still? It's still my favorite, yes. I've only played the first 7 games. I've always wanted to try the newer ones. Someday!

Final Fantasy VII My older brother walked out of a game shop with it and thought it looked cool. My response was why did you get number 7? haha

How old were you?

errrr...6 I must have been

Playstation 1

Did you enjoy it?

Yep it took me like a year to finish it though because I got stuck and gave up a lot as a kid

Yes because after I finished it I found FF8 and thought it was the sequel (I was so wrong haha)

Cid Highwind, I use to remember reading dialogue out loud in my room and I would laugh reading dollar sign, hash etc

I honestly couldn't say, there are many great bits.

erm yes I would but with todays standards of graphics and gameplay they might be put off!

Nope that title goes to Final Fantasy 9, the best one out of the lot.

What was your first Final Fantasy? 7

How old were you? 11

What console did you play it on? Ps1

Did you enjoy it? Still dream about it now soo yes

Was it the first one you finished? Yes multiple times

Who was your favorite character? Barrett was the best

What was your favorite scene when sephiroth burned down nibleheim

What was your first Final Fantasy? Final Fantasy I

How old were you? I think like 7-8 y/o.

What console did you play it on? NES

Did you enjoy it? No! I didn't understand any of the mechanics. I didn't get how "equipping weapons" or "gaining xp" worked, and never got past the Temple of Fiends.

Was it the first one you finished? Lol. No. :(

Who was your favorite character? Garland. My friends and I at the time got into a heated debate about whether Garland (who we assumed was the final boss) was a boy or girl. I assumed Garland was male, but then a friend said "how do you know beneath the armor," and I was like MIND BLOWN WTF.

What was your favorite scene? Again, not a lot to work with because I didn't get far at all, but my favorite scene was the first time I beat a pack of imps by punching them to death. The victory music was sweet.

Would you recommend it to someone to play first in the Final Fantasy series? Unless their goal is to be a completionist with the series, I'd probably recommend starting with FFIV (haven't played beyond that). Way more intuitive and has a more developed story, but the GBA version of FFI is not a bad starting point. Would definitely not recommend the NES version to someone starting now.

Is the game your favorite in the series still? No. I like the FFIV Complete Collection better for story, and am LOVING "The After Years" (despite it running a bit on the long side). Again, I haven't played beyond this, but so far FFIV is my favorite, with FFIII a close second due to the job system.

I started off with Final Fantasy IX, although I initially purchased Final Fantasy Tactics. I exchanged it for the former game, thinking that one was going to be Final Fantasy VII (due to some similarities in Garnet Til Alexandros XVII's appearances to Tifa Lockhart).

Last edited:
The first Final Fantasy that I've ever played was Final Fantasy IX.
How old were you?
6 or 7
PSone
Did you enjoy it?
Hell yeah! One of my favorite games.
Yup.
Zidane.
Probably after Garnet becomes queen, and Zidane realizes how much she actually means to him.
For sure! One of the most underrated FF in the series.

Final fantasy 7

How old were you?
i was funnily enough 7

Playstation brick style

Did you enjoy it?
is the pope catholic? i loved it, its the reason i still love the series today

no it wasnt, i played it to the second disc and my childish boredom moved me to other games, i completed 8 and X before finding 7 again and completing it

Yuffie Kisaragi, one of the worst but funniest ninja's EVER
Itadaki-Yuffie.png

The bike chase scene, loved cloud coming down those stairs like an absolute BOSS

I would recommend it to anyone bored of 'push button to win' games (XIII for example) and wanted a more in-depth and interesting storyline, as long as they dont get snobbish about graphics they will learn the true greatness of this game

sort of, i prefer crisis core, but thats still technically part of the ff7 universe

FFVII

How old were you?
I'd just turned 12

The original PlayStation, which I got for my 12th birthday.

Did you enjoy it?

Oh yes. I'd just gotten Pokémon Red a few weeks prior, which was my first foray into the world of RPGs, with stats/attributes, EXP and levels. That concept fascinated me, and the fact I could bolster my strength by running around t get more random battles really appealed to me. As a result I've been a chronic overleveller.

It was, but I didn't finish it til I was about 14. FFVIII came out shortly after, and I used to have tons of games on the go all at once in those days. I actually finished VII, VIII and IX all within about 3 months ago, after deciding to sort my life out and end these games I'd put a combined 200+ hours into.

Cloud, naturally.

I loved the Gold Saucer back in the day. Nowadays the whole sequence from Corel right the way to Nibelheim is my favourite. Not only is the plot getting thicker and more complex, the game really opens up in terms of what Materia you have (Counter Attack, Added Effect etc.) and your first pieces of Materia begin to level for the first time around that area, depending on how much grinding you'd done.

Yes. I fear 12 year olds today couldn't get past the graphics though. I'd maybe suggest they play FFX, and if they like the series, go back and see gems like FFVII.

Yes, by far. I do wonder if it's the nostalgia talking, but I don't think so.

FF... for the NES!
How old were you?
Seven... received it as a Christmas gift.

The everlasting Nintendo Entertainment System!

Did you enjoy it?
I distinctly recall never beating it until I was much older... so I guess you can say at the time I didn't, but I didn't fully turn to RPGs until I got FF4.

Nope... that honor goes to FF4 (or FF2, as it was known here in the US).

I'd have to say the Red Mage, if only because he could cast both White and Black spells, and thus served well in various situations and could serve as a backup for my White Mage. In FF, none of the characters truly stood out for me, but given it was the first Final Fantasy, the game gets a pass for lack of character development. :P

I remember something about going back in time and how Chaos wanted to create a time loop in order to live forever... something really wild like that. Yeah, my memory of this game is REALLY fuzzy!

Today... absolutely not, but if you're a completionist you should definitely get your hands on this so you can learn where the entire series started.

Unfortunately no longer a favorite, as it rarely gets any playtime these days - that honor goes to Final Fantasy 6, which I still pick up and play from end to end at least once a year.

My first FF title was FF8, then it was KHI, then it was VII, and then it was X. It pretty much expanded after that. :lew:

FF8

How old were you?

PS

Did you enjoy it?
Greatly, even if I did not understand the more complex parts of the story.

Yes sir.

Seifer or Squall <3

The opening or the ending, both were fantastic in directing and were so breathtaking to watch at the time.

Hmmm.... I think so, either this or X. VII is too complex, and even fans that have played it multiple times walk away not knowing what the hell they're talking about.

Final Fantasy 7.

How old were you?
PSone

Did you enjoy it?
Well of course! it was so outstanding and engaging without a doubt. I had first watched my old man play through the game and he handed it to me. :squee:
Yes and I played it 100 times over lol.

Tifa.

Probably the ending. Or when Tifa and Cloud are by themselves talking by the playground.

yes, without a doubt.

Nah, FFIX is my favorite then its VII.

Final Fantasy 7.

How old were you?
PS1

Did you enjoy it?
Absolutely! I still do to this day. I remember when my Uncle had a disk that had a fuckton of demos on it, and I played the hell out of the demo too xD
Indeed it was.

Red XIII(or Nanaki, whichever name you prefer).

Seeing the Weapon come out of the North Cave.

Absolutely, no question.

I have a 3 way tie for my favorite. 7, 9, and X. In no particular order.

FFIX

How old were you?

PS1

Did you enjoy it?
I loved it

Yes

Quina

The You Are Not Alone scene or the escape from Black Waltz 3

Definitely

It's either this game or FFVIII

What was your first Final Fantasy? FF7

How old were you? 13 i think

What console did you play it on? Playstation

Did you enjoy it? Oddly enough for the first 5 minutes, no. I had never played a game where the combat was turn based and as slow as this and i thought "what the hell is this crap?" i switched it off. i may have turned my back on the ff series completely if it wasnt for the fact i saw my older brother playing it later and realised that the game was mostly about the story. after that i tried again and was hooked.

Was it the first one you finished? Yes

Who was your favorite character? Sephiroth at the time.

What was your favorite scene? I dont have a favourite scene as such. probably my favourite part of the game is the snow boarding, crossing the snow fields and climbing the cliffs. the train graveyard and the crossing that abandoned railway bridge section (after costa del sol) are also favourites.

more generally i loved the atmosphere created, the music, the sheer oddness of the game (it feels like many games rolled into 1) i loved the idea of being a saviour of the planet, but saviour of a planet where little houses fire rockets at people? or self driving motorbikes roam the lands firing rockets and running people over wtf?
i loved the slums, the idea of villages made out of junk. and out of the junk mechanical triceratops might well materialise and come after you. i loved the odd combination of guns, grenades, swords, sci fi technology and rural countryside i mean wtf?

i loved the curveball that was thrown when what you think of shinra as the ultimate enemy suddenly out of nowhere becomes sephiroth, i actually thought the game might play out as being putting all 8 of the reactors out of action, with it getting progressively harder with each one. a lesser game might have gone with that.
I loved the escape of midgar and realising there is a whole world to explore. i looved loooooved the music. several of them being amongst my favourite pieces of music ever made. I loved many other things about this about this game, too numerous to recount.
i hated running out of things to do in ff7, i wanted to play the game forever pretty much.
Yes im a shameless fanboy, although im technically not a boy.

Would you recommend it to someone to play first in the Final Fantasy series? Only if they're prepared for a game with very dated graphics

Is the game your favorite in the series still? Yes, although 9 and 8 arent too far behind.

Back