Your Favorite or best party

Well, I almost always have Squall and Rinoa in the party, but other than that, I guess the other character was usually either Zell Dincht or Quistis Trepe, liked her whip and Shockwave Pulsar (annoying as heck to get that. <_<), it can break damage limit I believe. :D

And Zell...well, ya gotta admire a guy that can take down huge monsters with just his fists. XD His limit break was good too, you could keep unleashing hits on the enemies, and then end with an extra powerful finisher whenever it comes up when you're running low on remaining time. ;)

Squall, Zell, and an interchangable third. Sometimes Irvine, sometimes Quistis, as I shaped them differently.

Squall's a given.

Zell was just too strong to leave out. His whole "monk" archetype thing was a great asset.

And the third character was just a preference thing. The idea of a gunner like this was just badass, but some of the Blue Magic you can acquire in this game was very effective.

The party that works for me is Squall, Zell and Rinoa purely cos of the limit breaks. But sometimes i find that Squall, Irvine and Selphie are a good mix.

I always had Squall, Zelll and Quistis. I always wanted Irvine instead of Quistis but he was to low leveled...

I think I'd have to go with Squall, Rinoa, and Zell/Quistis. I guess my mood was the variable for choosing who the final member was. I remember using Irvine a couple of times, but I just didn't feel right so I hardly ever used him. I also remember using Edea like crazy when I first got her and when the magic wore off, it was back to Zell or Quistis. lol ^^

Squall, Rinoa and Irvine. Irvine because I just love his Limit Break, and Rinoa primarily after Disk 3, to abuse her Angel Wings ability. It's pretty awesome if you give her the right spells. :) Plus sentimental reasons and all...

My favorite party is Squall, Zell and Quistis. I don't think I've beaten the game without those 3 as my party when I faced Ultimecia.

My best party has always been Squall, Rinoa and Quistis. They are all I ever used, and in my opinion the best party you can have. You've got Squall with Lionheart, which is automatically something that is the best, then Rinoa's Wishing star does almost as much as Squall's Lionheart. Quistis's Blue Magic is great as well since you have Degenerator, which is an instant knockout to normal enemies, and then her Shockwave Pulsar which does upwards of 35,000 damage. I LOVE this party setup, and honestly, If I don't HAVE to use Zell, Selphie and Irvine, I don't use them at all. I actually think that if I load up my best save. Squall Quistis and Rinoa are Level 100... but Zell, Irvine and Selphie are like level 20 :gasp:

Squall, Rinoa, Quistis. Quistis for her limit breaks, I'd usually cast Aura on her and pick a random one, they usually did a lot of damage. Rinoa, because I stocked her with a lot of powerful magic, and at the beginning of the battle she'd do Meltown, Triple, Protect, Shell. As for random battles she'd use up some of the weak spells that I had no use for. Sometimes, when I had no more magic for her to use, she'd use her limit breaks and maybe an attack here and there. Squall, for obvious reasons. He was just for wailing away at the enemy, and using Aura was a godsend.

Squall, Zell and Rinoa.
Squall and Zell have the most powerful limit breaks. Rinoa is there to buff and look pretty.

Same for me and same reasoning. Sometime I throw Irvine or Selphie in, but not Quistis because she sucks. Quistis' limit breaks are the most useless because you don't need any of them for anything. Rinoa has a lot of useful ones like Angelo searching, Zell is the second strongest in the game though early he can be pretty weak his limit breaks get great for boss fights which is the only time I take the time to use them except with Angelo Searching.

Last edited:
Squall, zell and rinoa was the team i alway's used. i never really liked the other chars, whilst selphie was good i loved rinoas limit breaks more so she was always my top girl choice. Selphie i suppose i used so the other team didnt die lol.

I always used Squall, Zell and or Irvine with Rinoa
Irvine had a good limit break (well if you have the correct ammo) and I made him junctioned to power(him and Zell) Squall was powerful as well and considering he's the main character and junctioned him to HP while Rinoa was my magic person ^_^

Squall, zell and rinoa was the team i alway's used. i never really liked the other chars, whilst selphie was good i loved rinoas limit breaks more so she was always my top girl choice. Selphie i suppose i used so the other team didnt die lol.

Same here. I love using Squall, Rinoa and Zell. They got the best GFs, Squall would be the tank, Rinoa healer and Zell was both if we needed him.

I usually use Squall, Quistis and Zell.
The reason behind Quistis is, when I'd acquired the airship, I would go to the islands closest to heaven or hell and fight the monsters there. But I would keep her really weak so she could limit break and kill the monsters instantly, giving me whole party loads of EXP instantly. Up until then, though, I would usually use Rinoa instead of her.

Same for me and same reasoning. Sometime I throw Irvine or Selphie in, but not Quistis because she sucks. Quistis' limit breaks are the most useless because you don't need any of them for anything. Rinoa has a lot of useful ones like Angelo searching, Zell is the second strongest in the game though early he can be pretty weak his limit breaks get great for boss fights which is the only time I take the time to use them except with Angelo Searching.

Quistis does have some good limits like Degenerator that can almost instantly kill the enemy party :grin: And Zell with Armegeddon Fist equals win in many boss fights when his STR is maxed :awesome:

My main party was always Squall, Zell and Irvine (or Quistis with Degenerator for leveling up). Selphie's liimit break never really appealed to me, and I dislike Rinoa too much to use her in battle. So the boys it is. :p Irvine's limit break is good with the right bullets, and Zell can do some awesome damage with the right chains.

Squall, Zell and Irvine for me too as Zell was an acceptable magic user in my opinion :D I did tend to use Rinoa though especially in the Ultimecia fight.

My Best team is Squall,Rinoa and Selphie. Squall~ his lionheart weapon is effective
Rinoa~ her combine limit breaks with angelo especially getting Wishing star which does a great deal of damage. Selphie~ Limit break--Fuill cure and The End.
:)

Back