xbox version, worth it?

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
I am buying an xbox 360 soon. I was very happy because I wanted to play final fantasy XIII so badly. Well I have a PS3, but it's problematic. It freezes every 1 hour or so. So I decided not to buy the ps3 version of the game as I feel that it won't be worth it.

I have watched a couple of videos showing comparison between the two versions' graphics for FFXIII. Me see no difference :humph: so I need some further clarifications from those who have experienced both versions.

So my questions:

What are the major graphical differences between the PS3 version and Xbox360 version of FFXIII?

Any other major differences? The Xbox version has 4 discs am I right?

Is it really worth buying xbox FFXIII for a Final Fantasy Fan who loves beautiful graphics?

And is the game itself worth buying for someone who only cares about storyline, and doesn't really bother about perfect game?

Lastly, can someone make a comparison of the main story playing hours to other final fantasy games? I know its about 60 hours (?), but I need some comparison with other games because playing hours kinda differ from one another.

additional info:
-I have seen lots and lots of playthroughs of the game.
-I am aware of its pros and cons (like linearity, cutscenes overload, etc)
-I have also seen the ending. (I just couldn't resist it >.<)
-Reasons why I want to play: ITS BEAUTIFUL MUSIC :awesome: , beautiful graphics, storyline and exploration (gran pulse)
-my country does not sell xbox version of FFXIII, so I have to buy online from amazon or something like that.

thanks thanks lots lots in advance. Sorry if the questions have been asked before or if this is the wrong sub-section.

Multiquote time. :busta:

What are the major graphical differences between the PS3 version and Xbox360 version of FFXIII?

There are rather noticeable graphical differences between the two versions where the PS3's visuals look more detailed and smooth compared to the 360 one if you really look hard. I've seen a comparison screenshot of this earlier in the year, and I don't quite know where to find it again, so that's a bit of a shame. It's unsurprising seeing as FFXIII's engine was supposed to be for the PS3 only at first. But I don't think the differences are that great and neither would it make much of a problem at all. It still looks spectacular on the 360 version anyway.

Any other major differences? The Xbox version has 4 discs am I right?
3 discs I believe. (Just to make it clear, I don't have the 360 version, so I'm not fully certain on this. This was the amount that SE pushed for though.)

Is it really worth buying xbox FFXIII for a Final Fantasy Fan who loves beautiful graphics?
By all means I suppose. xD

It wouldn't be for me though. I just think that beautiful graphics alone does not determine a great game - which is basically part of my overall judgement of FFXIII.

And is the game itself worth buying for someone who only cares about storyline, and doesn't really bother about perfect game?
I suppose so. If the game's trailers have been appealing to you, then it's up to you whether or not you want to purchase the game. FFXIII is in no way a perfect game in terms of the gameplay department, but it offers enough in the way of visuals and storyline (characters, maybe).

Lastly, can someone make a comparison of the main story playing hours to other final fantasy games?
I found the main storyline to be rather short compared to the previous games (unsurprising when you think about the linearity). 60 hours probably sounds right if you include all the battles later on to develop your party.

thanks so much :D

what I mean by perfect game is getting all the possible items, do all the sidequests, upgrade all weapons to the max, etc :P

but thanks. I will consider buying it.

what I mean by perfect game is getting all the possible items, do all the sidequests, upgrade all weapons to the max, etc :P

Oh, right. It's still early in the day for me. :lew:

I didn't bother with getting every sidequest done and every item obtained either. It's just tedius and almost pointless particularly when you've already completed the storyline beforehand (unless you're a compulsive trophy-earner). xD

Well I don't know how the 360 compares with ps3 version. However when 13 came out I couldn't bare not playing it so I went out and brought a ps3 on finance and in my opinion it was worth it. Also 6 months on I am coming to the end of my 2nd playthrough and this time I will be doing the extra bits. So basicly what I am saying is this game has given me 6 months of gameplay and I am still not bored of it. FF13 is easily the best game out there in my opinion, it makes other rpg games look like ps2 games and there for unplayable for me. FF13 is well worth forking out 200 quid for a new console.

Is your ps3 you already own a FAT ps3? If i were you I would buy a ps3 SLIM, its a long-term investment imo..

if you only want to buy a xbox for FF13 and not for other Xbox titles, I suggest you just buy ps3 slim :ohoho:

Xbox version = not worth it...swapping discs is stone age time @ ps1 and ps2 days..
Like MGS ...3 discs hehehee, they had cool covers though..made them kindA SAPECIAL.

Just as an added note, FFXIII killed my xbox DVD rom on the xbox360. Long hours of playing burned out the SATA cable apparently. I got a replacement and I'm good now. I'd suggest PS3 version, but XBOX360 version works fine, just make sure you monitor the heat.

@Wood
Thanks! I hope I will spend some good time with the game, and fall in love with it like I did to the older games.

@Ohri-Jin
Oh not really. It's my brother who decided to buy xbox because there are some games that he wanted to play in it. thanks for the opinion anyway :)

@Shu
Ok I will make sure that it won't heat too much. But how long is too long? And does it take very long in switching discs (like do you have to load it before playing, etc)? thanks.

Back