Worst Final Fantasy Game

The Worst Final Fantasy Game?

• Total voters
Haha, everyone seems to hate FFX-2. I agree though. The only good thing about that game was the skimpy outfits, and Yuna with guns. xD

well it make me sick.....
that game with vaan ....yuck
thinking about that make me having nightmare....TT^TT

........That "game with Vaan" is FFXII.
Can't have been that hard to remember the title of it..

X-2 f'sure. What a load of my arse. Battle system was horrendous, character devleopment didn't happen to anyone but Yuna and the dressphere thing was a load of shit :)

Other: Mystic Quest, Legend 1-3, and Adventure are the bane of the FF franchise... honorable mentions go to the Crystal Chronicles games and X-2, though... oh, and let us never forget the horrid Tactics Advance, which is somehow getting a sequel in the new DS FF game Tactics A2. Its sad since Tactics was actually good, in and of itself.

I think the worst was actually FFI. Now I know it was the first game and, that I shouldn't judge it against the games we have today, but I didn't enjoy it very much. I have the PSP version, and it just isn't a very fun game. Since it's on the list, I choose it because out of all the FF games ever made, it is not the best.

Huh- apparently I already said X-2.. Oh well I didn't vote for it for some reason, and while it isn't good, I actually did have some fun playing it, while FFI just made me fall asleep.

Last edited:
Can't really say there's a bad Final Fantasy game.

Each game is different and appealing in a different way. So they're all good, just to different people.

Final fantasy VII DOC- what was the point it was too short, wasnt a proper FF game the only reason it was any good was to find out the rest of the story of vincent and what happened after AC. the game seemed quite reppetetive through its enemies and it was one of those games where you just keep going in one line and not much room to explore.

FFX-2- what was yuna doing she completely changed and the game seemed pretty pointless and what was the whole thing about dress shepres :S it just seemed another way to carry on the story, they should have kept the system more similar to X

wow im surprised how many people said ffx-2 its only about second worst compared to the cronicles. sorry square gameboys not your think stick to sony!

worst ever

it was pretty good other than but X-2 is the worst because of the costume thing it was a good idea but so iritating spending a turn changing costume every two turns

I simply cannot bring myself to play any FF on a console pre-PSX. The stories aren't compelling and atmosphere lacks in most. Where as the imagery and driving narrative that is Final Fantasy VII thru XII are remarkable. My favourite so far you ask? FFX. Why? Because it was original, vast, addicting and thick with a plot so rich and enduring I could not help myself to play it for hours on end. Whereas the worst I have played would be as noted at first: FFI - FFIV. I even bought FFIII in blind faith on my trusty Nintendo DS yet was severely dissapointed.

-Sir Balthier

I simply cannot bring myself to play any FF on a console pre-PSX. The stories aren't compelling and atmosphere lacks in most. Where as the imagery and driving narrative that is Final Fantasy VII thru XII are remarkable. My favourite so far you ask? FFX. Why? Because it was original, vast, addicting and thick with a plot so rich and enduring I could not help myself to play it for hours on end. Whereas the worst I have played would be as noted at first: FFI - FFIV. I even bought FFIII in blind faith on my trusty Nintendo DS yet was severely dissapointed.

-Sir Balthier

So in other words you're a graphics freak.

I say FFXII it didn't really get me interested . . . it was more blah IMO . . . I just didn't like the characters or the story, it was boring

Final Fantasy II is easily the worst Final Fantasy game in the series, if you ask me. Even for the time it was created, the battle system is incredibly clunky and inbalanced. I appreciate that they tried to make it more realistic, but honestly, the technology of the time just wasn't ready to support a realistic battle system in an RPG. Because of this, the end result was a broken, abusable system that doesn't even make any sense to begin with. I mean, honestly, getting hit increases your HP? So...what? If I want to get stronger, I should go stab myself with a sword? Maybe I'll get an added bonus if I cleave my arm off!

I mean, I can see where they were going with this. Obviously, conditioning yourself will get you more stamina in real life. Repeatedly getting whaled on by an enemy, however, will not. I guess I like that they allowed for a degree of customization without really making all of your characters the same, but it was just...clunky and glitch-ridden. Plus, FFII, like a few other FF games *coughVIIIcough* actually discourages the use of Magic. Seriously, Black Magic is useless compared to simple physical attacks. The only really useful spells are the ones that heal you.

So, yeah, boss fights are dull, dungeons are repetitive, and the encounter rate is terrible. By the way, I love how, instead of blocking off parts of the world map with a river or blockade, the developers thought it'd be fun to put monsters there that will totally kick your ass unless you're far enough into the game to have leveled up enough to fight them. Yeah. Good call, there, Squaresoft. *thumbs up*

Well, gameplay is a total bust, but what about the storyline? I mean, this IS a JRPG, right? The best part of any JRPG is its immersive world and involving storyline, right? Too bad FFII couldn't do that right, either. Now, don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting an epic tale of Shakespearean proportions, but...well...let's take a look at FFII's plot. You have a group of 2-Dimensional cardboard-cutout teenage protagonists who are, for no good reason, hired by a resistance to fight an Evil Empire called...err...The Empire. Now, this empire of ultimate evil is run by none other than the evil Emperor known as...The Emperor.

See where I'm going with this?

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest hands down. It was so far out of the waters of Final Fantasy, right off the bat it was disappointing. Couple that with THE most linear story line I've ever seen.

A youth named Benjamin (if memory servers) village is destroyed when the crystals are stolen, he embarks on a richeous quest to restore order to a once tranquil world by following the wisdom of a mysterious old man speaking of a prophecy for told by a knight years before.

The game is essentially a series of dungeons, with a new partner and weapon waiting for you at the end of every level (dungeon).

Believe it or not, they believed the previous battle systems were to complex for the general populace. So their solution was to severely simplify the it. The default settings for health were bars for every 1 HP.

It looks and plays like a clumsy more stat driven Legend of Zelda. If X-2 was the convicted felon cousin that every one avoids, Mystic quest is the inbred love child between the convicted cousin and a kangaroo.

X, the plot was linear and predictable, the characters were dull and 2D personality wise and the bad guy was, in essence, a giant fish.
Before anyone complains, this is my own opinion and no-one else's. Sorry for that but people were moaning at me on Youtube for thinking this.

X, the plot was linear and predictable, the characters were dull and 2D personality wise and the bad guy was, in essence, a giant fish.
Before anyone complains, this is my own opinion and no-one else's. Sorry for that but people were moaning at me on Youtube for thinking this.

I don't know why some people care if others dislike a game that they like. Regardless of whether they have good reasoning, it doesn't matter...

...though I think FFX-2 is WAYYYYYY worse than FFX. Everything seemed like a downgrade. I couldn't subject myself to that game for very long.

Back