Worst dubs

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
Here's a fun topic. ;)

Usually I like to watch my anime dubbed. But sometimes the dubbing is just atrocious! Voice acting is horrible, the voices themselves don't fit, scenes are edited, dialogue is changed to something stupid and so on.

So what dubs do you think are the worst?

One Piece is hands down the worst dub out there! Over fifty episodes were cut from the show. And some of the editing was just embarassing! Calling guns squirt guns... WTF! Hardly any of the voices match the characters. Luffy sounds like a little kid, Usop sounds like a drunk clown, and Sanji... poor Sanji! He should have a cool voice not... that. And we can't forget that awful opening.

Sailor Moon had a horrible dub too. All the characters even the serious ones were made into valley girls. And this one was also heavily edited.

Yeah, when I first watched sailor moon all those years ago on t.v., I had no idea how heavily edited it was o_O

But anyway, yeah, the Sailor Moon dub was.....horrible. Like the voice actors weren't even trying half the time. But I agree as well about One Piece, that's gotta be one of the worst I've heard in a long time. (mind you I don't like One Piece itself anyway).

Sailor Moon is very bad, very Americanised voices! Also Speed Racer if some of you remember that! Now that was bad. Also Pokemon ... enough said!

Huh, luckily I haven't seen those.
I can't really think of any at the moment. Typically any anime before 1997 has horrible dubbing

80's were the worst for dubbing...... was so pants. g-gundam although a very good anime has very crap dubbing.

karl

How about Dragonball Z?

Next dimention anyone?
Home For Infinite Losers? Although the phrase, "What the 'Home For Infinite Losers' what that all about!" Or any other variation of it. It was often shortened to "What the HFIL..."

And they made all the characters sound constipated while they were fighting.

Back