Why do people care so much?

Howl

Co___okies!!!
Veteran
Gil
Why do people care?

1) Why do people worry so much about whether or not the person next to you believes in your God?

Please, I've seen so many people running around preaching this and that about how things should be done in order to lead a "righteous" life.
Listen...To each his own. Every man has a right to choose his or her own path in life. To those of you who are running around frantically trying to "save lives", you're giving yourself and your cohorts a bad name.
Here's some friendly advice, from me to you, on how to lend a helping hand to society:

Step One:
You are not a self proclaimed liberational activist. Unless God comes down out of the sky and tells you that it's your sworn duty to push religion on other people, then don't. People don't like to be placed under pressure; so don't pressure other's to believe one way or another.
Step Two:
If you do in fact talk to God...be it in your head or over the phone...don't tell non-believers that you partake in such activities or you will be proclaimed "schitsofrantic".
Step Three:
Do not, do not, do not under any circumstances tell a non believer, or a follower of another religion that they are "wrong." Just...don't....
Step Four:
Do not preach the Bible unless you have actually read said Bible.
Step Five:
Do not preach the word of God based on what mother and father have told you. Your parents may be nice people, I have nothing against them...but don't follow blindly in their footsteps without first making an effort to understand what it is you're embracing.

2) Why do people care so much about homosexual marriage?

Again...I see people dishing out their much unnessisary opinions on why or why not gay marriage should or shouldn't be allowed. Look...There are only two explanations as to why anyone would protest gay marriage:

Reason One: Religious beliefs.
Okay...it's understandable that you think gay marriage is wrong...but guess what....not all gay people are looking to be married under christian laws. Believe it or not, plenty of gay couples are married in non-religious ceremonies. To each his own desicion...remember?
I have a little bit of insight for those of you who don't fully understand how homosexuality is compassed:

Insight Part 1:
Every...I repeat...every human being on the face of the earth is primarily developed with two X chromosomes. Thus answering the question why males have nipples...the reason is in fact because for brief moment of your existance, you were actually a female.
Insight Part 2:
Your gender is determined via the slight chance that one of your X chromosomes is broken...leaving you with a Y chromosome instead...In the event that you spend more time developing as a female, and one of your X chromosomes unexpectedly splits into a Y much later than intended...you'll begin developing as a male after already having developed certain female qualities.
It is impossible...I repeat...impossible for a female to have male qualities. It is scientifically impossible, and there's no way of proving said fact otherwise.
Insight Part 3:
Since it is impossible for a female to develop as a male at any rate in the womb, it can be said that all bisexual or homosexual females are in fact...following in a very sexy social trend.

Back to those of you who protest gay marriage based on religious beliefs:
As mentioned...homosexual men are BORN homosexual, therefore the following statement: God creates all men equal, can actually be proven wrong.
Remember what I said about pressuring people to be one way or another? It's a serious don't. Don't tell a gay man not to be gay, because chances are, it's not his fault. And if you don't like lesbians, then you must be gay because lesbian intercourse is very sexy.

Back to the topic...reason's why someone would protest gay marriage...
Reason Two: Envy.

Now...As some of you may or may not know...And I've chosen to decide that most of you don't know...that you don't have to be gay in order to partake in "gay activities".
What do gay men do that is soooo wrong? And I don't mean according to the Bible...

I have some insight for those of you who are not religious and who choose to protest gay marriage because being gay is "gross":
Straight people have anal sex too.

I firmly believe that any non religious person who objects to gay marriage is hereby jealous of the fact that they have never partaken in anal sex/ their partner is prude in bed.

Overview:
What are the differences between gay and straight marriages?
There are none...

My final statement:
Marriage is forever binding...meaning...you'll be shackled to one person for the rest of your life or until you decide to stab them in the back and take half of their belongings...
So even if you are a christian protesting marriage...or a normal non religious citizen who thinks gay people are "gross"...why would you deny homosexuals the eternal torment of aching rumps and marital bickering??

Find something better to do with your time.
Like recycling...

<!-- RANT-->

/Rant....for now....

woot! hehe i think the same thing all the time but am too lazy to post that long of a thing... too much time.. i agree w/ you and it gets annoying when the other people are so concerned about what other people do and the way they live their lives

People for some reason tend to get offended when others don't agree with them. And it just isn't with religion, but a lot of times it is. Politics is another thing that gets people riled up. I heard about some serious debates that have gotten out of hand in some of my school's poli-sci classes.

I'm Christian, and I could care less if anyone else believes or doesn't believe in it.

If they are so offended that someone else doesn't believe their religion, then maybe their beliefs aren't as strong as they thought?

Some people are just following religion blindly...
I'm sure you don't mind how other people think because you're totally satisfied with your beliefs...

I don't know why people try to put pressure on others over this kind of thing.
I mean...it's ridiculous, and even violent sometimes!

I've had people totally quit talking to me just because they couldn't MAKE me follow christianity! o_O

I know what you mean. Some people just aren't open to new ideas or beliefs and they can be really closed minded. I personally think it is wrong to try to force religion. But forcing religion and informing someong about their religion are different things. I think it's alright to try to inform others about your religion, well those willing to hear, but I also think you have to respect their feelings.

I have talked with my friends of other religions bout my beliefs and stuff, but I never try to convince them that my religion is the right religion, I just tell them what I believe and I don't care if they think I'm full of it or not. And I am always open to new ideas. I always listen to what my friends and my family believe and I respect their beliefs.

Ahh, good topic and good thoughts. Here's my take:

Let's say that you believed that if someone doesn't believe in a certain god or religion then that person is going to be forever banished to a place of eternal pain and suffering, wouldn't you want to help them to not have that damnation??? :) And if you do believe in a certain religion, then almost undoubtably there is some sort of rule or suggestion saying to go help people join that same religion. Mormons are required to go through a period of door to door evangelism. Christians are to 'make disciples of all nations.'

So, I think it's fine if people want me to join their religion. If they really think that by converting me they're saving my life, then I think that's a pretty nice gesture. :P

My big problem is how most people try to convert other people, and it's pretty much for all of the steps you listed. Knocking on people's doors condemning them to hell is totally wrong and not biblical at all. There are appropriate ways to discuss religion and beliefs with someone without offending them. I could go on for a while, but that pretty much sums it up.

Homosexual marriage.. it's not the government's place to say who can and cannot get married. As long as two people are mature enough to understand the consequences of marriage, then how is it at all the place of the government to dictate who can and cannot get married? If a church doesn't want to marry two homosexuals because it is against their beliefs, then that's great, more power to you.

And if I remember correctly, when we were studying homosexuality in my pysch class, I think they said that homosexuality is about 50% environmental factors and 50% genetic.

PS - if it's of any consequence, I'm a Christian. I'm not very big into evangelism myself simply because I'm not very outgoing and I haven't found a good way for talking to people about it.

Why do people care so much about what other people care? lol, joking

1) Why do people worry so much about whether or not the person next to you believes in your God?

I know what you mean, it's annoying when someone knocks at the door and is someone who wants to "save you" I agree that people should choose their own path to follow, regardless if you think is right or wrong.

The only ones that should be "converted" are those who are lost in criminality, drugs and the streets as that can really help them get out of their situation, by giving them something to hold into

2) Why do people care so much about homosexual marriage?

Not so much about religion, some people just would find it disgusting, why? well because is not the normal ways to do things, so what if is not the normal one? you have to look with the eyes of these people to understand, think about any other form of sexual dissorientation, so you can understand better why they hate it?

Oh and by the way no man is a female in no state of their development, there is however a time when sex is not define yet, a state when both male and female have the same characteristics and it is during this state that nipples are develop, then sexual trays beging to develop, and if for some reason X or Y fails somehow, is not a trend is an error of nature, not to insult anyone, but it is.

About the "envy" thing I don't think that anyone hates homosexuals because they don't do annal sex, come on!,

GG Rhea, make flyers. And post them everywhere... The world desperately needs to be enlightened.

And if I remember correctly, when we were studying homosexuality in my pysch class, I think they said that homosexuality is about 50% environmental factors and 50% genetic.
I don't mean to argue, but I think it's entirely genetic. At least, thats what I've learned. I don't know the fine details... But you're either born with an extra X or Y chromosome... So you just to happen to like the same sex. Bisexual however, is environmental. I don't think thats natural, but it's the persons choice, and you should love them for who they are.

And religion.. Personally, I think it's a joke. But aside from that. Everyone is entitled to his or her own beliefs. I may not have religious beliefs, but I certainly have morals. I live my life for me, but not in a selfish way... It's hard to explain... I just think that I have better things to do with my life than follow something that I don't even know is there or not. I know here and now, so thats what I live for.
So, I think it's fine if people want me to join their religion. If they really think that by converting me they're saving my life, then I think that's a pretty nice gesture.
If I wanted to be "saved", I'd already be on my knees praying. I feel theres nothing to be saved from. Who knows if the worlds going to end, or how? Global warming? Aliens? Satan? Who'se to say? All I know is that I'll live my life, loving who I want, being who I want, and living the way I want because it makes me happy.

And if God is "All forgiving", wouldn't he forgive you after you died even though you lived a life as a sinner, with your back turned to him?

Thats the way I see it.

I think homosexuality would probably be inconclusive as to whether or not it's genetic or environmental. There might have been some studies done on it, but according to either biology or genetics, we don't really know just yet.

I'd also like to add that certain religious people feel it's their religious obligation to convert people because their religion tells them to, but in some ways, if they must force people to change their religion, then they are committing religious intolerance. Of course you're allowed to believe that people from other religions might be damned, but you don't have to tell them that, or you don't have to treat them badly. You can simply leave them well alone and let your god deal with them, if that's what you believe.

First of all, fucking brilliant Rhea. Well thought out, researched and argued.

Second, Sephiroth, all good points too. I think one of the main problems is that people define homosexuality as 'having sex with men', well that is kinda a prerequisit i guess but there are limitless variations within that definition. For example, i have met, and been good mates with three very different gay guys in my life.

One was, as Freddie Mercury would say "as gay as a daffodil" he was into gay marches, gay rights and openly advertised his sexuality at every opportunity.

Another was as manly as they come, you would never know his sexuality in a million years, even if you chatted about sexuality, religion and politics over a 10 hour boozing session. He was the epitomy of masculine but happened to fancey men more than women.

The third was a very good friend of mine. He had had lots of relationships with women but decided that he couldn't connect in an emotional way with them. Last time I saw him he was living alone but happy that he had sorted himself out. He had still, at that point NEVER had sexual relations with a man but described himself as gay.

These are just three guys I met in my life and my point is that nothing is ever black and white. My advice is never judge anyone, just enjoy somebodys company if you like them regardless of any religious/homophobic/political bullshit.

Life is too short.

I couldn't agree more.
I'm baffled that I actually took the time out of my day to make this rant, but I had to get it off my chest. In fact, I hope no one comes in here and argues with my reasonings, because I don't have time to be fighthing over matters of opinion. It's pointless. =x

For instance, if you say that you believe one thing, and I say I believe another...the discussion should be over. I know how you feel; you know how I feel...There shouldn't be any conclusions such as "you're wrong" or..."well you really shouldn't think that way."

A person is entitled to their own $&@# opinion and if you want to do the world a favor, then just sit down, shut up, respect people's opinions and don't argue about any of it.

Btw that last bit wasn't aimed at any of you nice people. =]

I half agree with you there. Personally, I love discussing things like this but, and here is the important BUT, only with people who also want to discuss it with me.

As you probably know by now Rhea, I can be very hot headed but with a reasoned argument I can change my opinons, I like to think that that is a fundermental part of being human... we grow.

For example, I generally oppose organised religion but I would never dream of engaging in a religious debate with a believer who didn't want to be challenged.

Its the blind "I know I'm right' people that annoy me because, as you say, there is no way to move on from there. I for one love hearing opinions that are diverse from mine, as long as it productive and not blind statements.

As a final point (and this is a personal hate of mine, not against you Rhea, I think you are bloody brilliant) I hate the 'respect peoples opinions' thing, I most certainly do not!!! Do I respect Nazi's opinions... no. Do I respect anti-abortionist opinions?....... no. Do I respect religious dogma?.... no. Will I listen to them? Yes, so long as the argument is a two way communication and not a 'lets shout statements at each other' cliche.

In case you haven’t noticed, marriage is a RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION. If you thought gay people should have the same tax breaks as normal couples do, that would be understandable- but no, you want the whole deal, you want to morph religion around YOUR beliefs. If you honestly are so impartial about religion, why do you want to force religious leaders in the country to condone gay marriages, just because you like it?

If you want to legalize gay marriage so much, you obviously must support polygamy, too. I mean, it’s just a silly religious doctrine that prevents it. You also must support legalizing interfamily marriage and letting people marry their pets, right? Yes, we should let EVERYONE join the party, because it’s none of OUR business what other people think.

Or you just haven’t realize that the majority of rich people in this country are Christian, and those with the gold make the rules. Deal with it.

[B said:
Grimoire Valentine[/b]]Its the blind "I know I'm right' people that annoy me because, as you say, there is no way to move on from there. I for one love hearing opinions that are diverse from mine, as long as it productive and not blind statements.

As a final point (and this is a personal hate of mine, not against you Rhea, I think you are bloody brilliant) I hate the 'respect peoples opinions' thing, I most certainly do not!!! Do I respect Nazi's opinions... no. Do I respect anti-abortionist opinions?....... no. Do I respect religious dogma?.... no. Will I listen to them? Yes, so long as the argument is a two way communication and not a 'lets shout statements at each other' cliche.

Blind statements include such ridiculous inquiries as..."Well...if you support gay marriage, then you must support polygamy as well."

I don't respect what the Nazis did, but...I'm sure they didn't give a flying *$#@% what other people thought either....

In case you haven’t noticed, marriage is a RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION.

No, to be technially married, you could just as easily walk into a courthouse and sign the marriage documents with your partner.
My parents were never married in a church...they simply walked into a courthouse, filled out some paperwork, and jotted down their names. Nothing religious about it...

If you want to legalize gay marriage so much, you obviously must support polygamy, too. I mean, it’s just a silly religious doctrine that prevents it. You also must support legalizing interfamily marriage and letting people marry their pets, right? Yes, we should let EVERYONE join the party, because it’s none of OUR business what other people think.

You're puting words into my mouth...
This is a prime example of someone "telling me what I think".

Or you just haven’t realize that the majority of rich people in this country are Christian, and those with the gold make the rules. Deal with it.

You're absolutely right. Any smart gay couple would just pick up, relocate to another country, disregard the fact that they have families and live isolated from the rest of the world so that they can be together.
But apparently, a large fraction homosexuals in America have "human-like emotions"...

Adamant, polygamy is considered a virtue in many religions (sometimes in non-orthodox Christian ones). As for marriage being a religious institution, well it used to be, but so did pretty much everything.

Governments have used religion to control people for centuries (ie, the populace doesn't fear the 'powers that be' but they sure will fear burning in hell for eternity).

From my experience many of my friends have got married, a lot have divorced. Non of them who were married in a registers office (The UK's non-religious way of getting married) have divorced.

Marriage is about wanting to SHOW commitment to each other, with your friends and family there to support the union, it has bugger all to do with religion.....unless you are religious.

Last edited:
You're puting words into my mouth...
This is a prime example of someone "telling me what I think".

You have to admit that Adamant has a good point there, put yourself in his position for once, from his point of view there is not much difference, between them, so if legalize one, why not the others?

well, marriage originally started out as a religious institution a long time ago and most people respected it as much, but now a days the term marriage has been watered down so much that two drunk people can roll into the courthouse at 2 in the morning and get married. actually in VEGAS they have drive through marriages.

as far as me caring what they do, i really don't care if two gay guys want to do whatever, but don't ask me to accept it. for me it is one of those, you don't bother me and i won't bother you deals.

btw, here in west virginia, we actually have a law that prohibits family members from getting married. that to me is funny. who the heck would do that anyway.

btw, here in west virginia, we actually have a law that prohibits family members from getting married. that to me is funny. who the heck would do that anyway.

There is an extremely rare chance of bizarre genetic mutations occurring in children from related parents. If you take a "religious" standpoint, allowing this to happen is morally wrong. If you throw religion out the window, there are no such thing as universal morals, so there's no reason to ban it as long as it doesn't hurt yourself.

That's why people care. If you didn't want an answer, you shouldn't have asked!

Back