Who would you like to play as?

StarMasamune

Knight of the Swords
Gil
In numerous interviews, Tetsuya Nomura (The creator of Kingdom Hearts) has stated that if he were to make Kingdom Hearts III, then he would most likely make Sora take a back seat.

So then, who would you like to play as in KHIII? Perhaps Terra, Aqua, or Ventus? Perhaps Riku or King Mickey? Or perhaps an entirely new character altogether?

I personally wouldn't mind playing as King Mickey; he's an extremely fast character, and I prefer fast characters. A brand new character wouldn't be that bad either...

my personally favourite is riku he;s got this i like about him in khcom h's uses both light and dark if you could do that in kh3 that would be cool and i woudn;t mind playing him even without his powers. And i really do like his keyblade way to the ldawn at the beggining riku was actually the one who was supposed to get the keyblade but it went to sora because riku was taken in to the darkness that explains why in kh2 that riku,sora and mickey all have keyblades so in the end riku's get's the keyblade given back to him as he overcame the darkness inside of him

Hope it will be Sora, but if not then i prefer Terra,Aqua,Ventus or Mickey but not so much xD

Lol I would want to be sora still I mean he is so cool and he will never be beaten.

"I do what I want! you have problem?!" -Quina jk
Actually mine is "To be forgotten is worse than death" from Freya.

To be honest, I hate the idea of making Sora take the back seat. I mean, we grew to view him as the protagonist of this whole series, and I've become pretty attached to him and his story as a result. I feel it's a bad move, but that's just me.

I don't think any of those three could take the front seat either, because they're supposed to be Keyblade Wielders of the past. BBS will be their thing, but KHIII? Not sure how or why they'd revert to this group.

To be honest, if not Sora, the only other person I'd like to control would probably be Riku. I always liked the idea that Riku and Mickey grew to share the same kind of relationship as Sora to Donald and Goofy. So I'd like that combination, but more-so that of Riku and Sora. That had to have been one of the highlights of KH2. But even still, I'd much rather Riku as an ally than to control him (for whatever reason).

If anybody though, yeah, I'd like it to be Riku.

It'd have to be Sora or Riku for me too. As first I didn't mind if Sora took a back seat, however, having completed 358/2 Days, even though you don't control him at any point the storyline shows how much of Kingdom Hearts revolves around him, so having him as a minor character at least would seem odd. I wouldn't mind focusing on Riku's story, however, I could see that being more of a spinoff than a main game D;

Even though I've come to see Sora as the main hero of the series. I might be the only person who I wouldn't mind seeing him take a back seat, though to cut out Sora would mean no Kingdom Hearts.

Personally, I prefer someone entirely new, not Sora, not Riku, not even the 3 heroes in BBS, I mean someone entirely new.

I'd like to play as Riku or some other new character. I think the KH games can focus on Sora too much and I think it would be nice to have a change. Riku would be really interesting to play with and might bring a darker story line to the table.
If a new character were to be developed though, I'm guessing he/she would be very similar to Sora because even though I'd like a break from him, there are so many who love playing with him.

It'd have to be Sora or Riku for me too. As first I didn't mind if Sora took a back seat, however, having completed 358/2 Days, even though you don't control him at any point the storyline shows how much of Kingdom Hearts revolves around him, so having him as a minor character at least would seem odd. I wouldn't mind focusing on Riku's story, however, I could see that being more of a spinoff than a main game D;

I agree with you on that. It would be weird for Sora to be a minor character in Kingdom Hearts, since the entire story revolves around him. Plus, I've gotten pretty used to playing as Sora, so it would be a little hard for me to adjust to a new main character. So for me, I'd like to see Sora as the main character again.

i think that it would be fun to play as riku because when u play him in kindgome hearts II he is really strong, and when he is in ur party he also has some cool moves. I think that sora should be given a back seat, but not totally forgotten

Sora not main character?

That is strange to put Sora in the back seat!? But I would not mind playing as king mickey though, or Riku? If they make a new character it would have to be tied in with Sora. Would't you think? Any how I have heard a rumor that KHIII is going to be called the Key Blade Wars, so it could possibly be focused on Aqua, Terra, and Ven. Or another possibilty could be the 14th member of the Orgainization Xion. Many possibilites.

If you're looking for a fast character, then Riku is the way to go. I wouldn't mind playing Riku, but only if it was back from Kingdom Hearts I. I remember fighting him one on one at the Hollow Bastion and thinking that I was never going to beat the game. He whooped me bad. The battle in which I finally beat him was epic. It was just a flurry of attacks and counterattacks with a special move here or there. It was awesome. =3 Regardless, Riku would be my choice.

Back