What is your least favorite thing to do each day?

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
(okay well I'm not really asking you because I care I'm asking you because I am filling out a job application and I am completely stuck)

It's an application for a sales associate at a department store. Of course I want to say getting up in the morning but I'm not going to say that. Ideally I would say that I hate going to bed every night because it makes me feel lazy and I want to do more work but they would probably know that's a lie.

Help me now please :sad3:

What a completely random question for a job to ask :wacky:
Maybe you could say something like you hate when you have nothing to do/ time wasting :hmmm: (perhaps put it in a better way than that)

Otherwise :wacky: no clue

How about saying being productive? Creating graphics, writing, something in that direction? Or other productive things. :wacky: Being 'active' is always a pro.

I agree though, how weird of them to ask. xD

i think saying having nothing to do would work well. i don't imagine it's a lie, and it obviously reflects well on you. :hmmm: but obviously you don't want to make it sound like your day is full of doing nothing, so say something like how you hate it when you have down time between doing things because you feel unproductive.

I don't have a specific least favourite time each day, but I always hate it when circumstances force me into doing something that isn't productive. I've started taking books everywhere with me in case I get into a circumstance that may lead to this.

I also prefer going to work 4-5 times a week, with days off dotted around here and there. I hated the long break between Uni and work. I had far too much free time and, eventually, nothing felt productive! Now that I have a job, most things can be productive as long as I enjoy them. Free time is limited (yay!) so I use my free time effectively to do the things I really want to do. :)

That sort of reinforces the first paragraph... :lew:

Cleaning my ass in the shower, but I do not think that is the kind of thing they would want on an application

Just don't do that annoying thing were you put down somthing that is clearly a strength and try and pass it off as a weakness, "I work TOO hard" etc.

My least favourite thing is going to work, this is part because I am a lazy work-shy cunt. You should probably not say that.
It's not an odd question to ask, it's fairly normal to ask questions that get you to reveal what kind of person you are.
You could say your least favourite part of the day is when you have to leave the soup kitchen you volunteer at.
You don't have my charisma or wit so you should try to be really earnest. And clothes shops usually give the jobs to the most attractive girls, unless it is a shop for old people. If you're a babe you will get the job, if you are hideous you will not get the job, so the answer you give doesn't really matter.

This is one of the worst job interview questions ever. I'm glad I haven't seen that one here yet.

The question is one of those tricky ones, usually meant in a way so that they can evaluate your thought process. There's really nothing much you can say except BS your way out of it. Mal's response seems to be the safest choice. And if they say, "Really? There's not one least favorite thing you can think of?" (Some interviewers enjoy making it harder for people). Do a slight chuckle and say, "Well I don't like chores either, but I figured that's probably something you don't want to hear." (Don't forget to smile!) Be witty or pass it off as a joke, that might help make them determine your personality and they usually like people who can think quickly. Mentioning chores might make you seem lazy though, but what do they expect? We all get lazy with chores. And it doesn't really have anything to do with your job, since most likely you'll be working at customer service...?

Good luck with this.

Least favorite? Clean out the cat box, most definitely. I also hate waking up in general. I'm always groggy no matter what, and without coffee I'm a grouch.

I hate having to wake up really early just to catch a bus that goes to the city from Monday to Thursday (except Tuesday), because my first lecture at TAFE would start at 8:30am (8:00am on Thursday) so I would always have an alarm that goes off at 6:05am, eat breakfast (sometimes I skip it) go to a bus stop, catch a bus which takes 45 minutes to get to the Wellington Bus Station in Perth and then catch a train which stops at Claisebrook.

Man I would come home feeling really tired...

That's pretty funny considering most ppl would probably say they hate going to work everyday. loll

Its almost as if they're rubbing it in, huh? :ohshit:

Id have no idea how to answer that other than having to get out of bed, where its warm and I was asleep. :gonk:

Im not a morning person... im not a waking up of any kind in a good mood kind of person. I could have the best day EVER planned, but at the point of getting up I really dont care and feel like my world is ending everytime i have to get out of bed :sad3:

Other than that, bed times. On a weekday, because I know the next thing Il be doing is getting up and going to work :hmph:

Why would a potential employer ask that? Its such a stupid question

i was applying for a receptionist job once, and the application asked what my sexual orientaion was. WHY DOES THAT MATTER WHat does it have to do with answering a phone and filing!? :rage:

My absolute favorite thing is taking a shower ooooh my gosh. There's nothing for me like that first steaming hot shower of the day. n\\n I know it's a bit odd, but I've always been in heaven when having one.

Strange question for an interview. Then again I find most interview questions pointless when the job I'm applying for is shelf stacking in Tesco!

My least favourite thing to do during the day though is brushing my teeth before bed (technically night I guess...). I always stay up late till I'm knackered then brushing my teeth is just a chore and often the minty freshness of the toothpaste wakes me up so it takes forever to fall asleep! Gyahh!

Id have no idea how to answer that other than having to get out of bed, where its warm and I was asleep. :gonk:

Im not a morning person... im not a waking up of any kind in a good mood kind of person. I could have the best day EVER planned, but at the point of getting up I really dont care and feel like my world is ending everytime i have to get out of bed :sad3:

Other than that, bed times. On a weekday, because I know the next thing Il be doing is getting up and going to work :hmph:

Why would a potential employer ask that? Its such a stupid question

i was applying for a receptionist job once, and the application asked what my sexual orientaion was. WHY DOES THAT MATTER WHat does it have to do with answering a phone and filing!? :rage:

This is all me. Except replace work with school. I hate going to bed knowing that after I fall asleep, the next thing I have to do is get ready for school. I also hate waking up in general. Only because I know I'll be waking up to fighting and/or screaming of some kind and that's not helping my hate of humans situation at all. So yeah, waking up every morning.

getting out of bed

it is so terrible. you will never know the soul scathing pain that i suffer from every day.

:mitsuru: I would like to meet the people that think its "necessary" to put that on a application. As for my least favorite thing to do everyday I wouldnt put it just because it will give them the impression you dont wanna even show up. but me personally is Driving period. I hate driving especially when I deal with traffic each day and you should see how many idiots can't drive in kansas. Im so happy once I hit missouri cause I dont have people swirving in lanes back in forth like their drunk bastards who can't see what the hell their doing.
As for your question on what you want to put down I would agree with "having nothing to do" or "sitting around" that should leave a good impression letting them know you won't be lazy and want to sit around the job which is probably why they asked that question to begin with.

Washing the dishes is without a doubt my least favourite chore. Im in a bad routine where im too lazy / i really dont wanna the dishes that much that il just leave them in the sink for a few days before getting round to doing them. By which time there is a tonne of dishes and cutlery to do. Ive seriously thought about getting plastic throw away cutlery on so many occasions but if i did that id be a bit of a disgrace but no one would know. Except people on here but i can live with that.

I also hate washing clothes. The whole process is really boring and dragged out. Sort clothes by colour, put in the machine, add cleaning liquid. Wash clothes, wait for it to finish. Put stuff int he dryer and hang stuff up to dry. Put in next batch of clothes to wash, repeat earlier steps. Take out ironing board and neatly iron all your clothes. Tis a horrible job. I will make Squid do all that for me in the future. She will do all the cleaning and...actually its safer that i cook. But she can do all my washing and all the dishes like a good housewife :ohoho: <3

Back