What if someone made a Final Fantasy animated series

sabin

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
You know like japanese style animation but all to do with Final Fantasy?
The relevant characters,music,etc.

I don't know if they could, but let's just be whimsical here and say "If." They would have to make it adult swim in my opinion. I think by making it an Age 14+ audience they could at least put more adult topics and not so much foolish banter.

I have seen quite a bit of movies/comics turn into very bad cartoon adaptations, due to they had to make it as PG as possible for kids 5 and up. The reason why is because of the TV channels that broadcast the shows only condone certain maturity ratings due to the FCC.

Also they would need to go with FF stories that have a larger audience. Final Fantasy VII of course was the largest in terms of Yay and Nays, as over rated as you want to call it, it still had the most attention of any Final Fantasy that hit the market. I would love to see it, but my only problem would be, would they go for the full CG cinematic (costing more than it's worth), or go full blown cartoon with it.

I don't think I could do the cartoon bit. I could see FF turning anime style though in a heart beat. Would love to see it.

I've been fantasising about this this week mid-VII binge. I was originally thinking it would make a good movie but things would either have to be condensed, or you'd have to take a huge gamble on making each game a trilogy or something. So, in my infinite wisdom, I've decided that a season for each game is necessary - agree with Shu it should be aimed at a slightly more mature audience.

Imagine the Christmas/mid-season finale of FFVII where Aerith's killed, leaving us all pining over Christmas again. Episodes ending with everyone wondering where the hell the Mako Cannon has gone, with scenes panning around Midgar; an episode ending with the plate falling on Sector 6 and Barret's screams fade into the credits; nearing the end of the season with the death of Hojo. It'd be outstanding!

One can dream.

I would prefer an OVA of FF, more freedom with artstyle and length. I would not like to see another FF:Unlimited. I wish SE didn't give so much freedom to Gonzo, so i definitely hope someone in SE is supervising it. I can't imagine an OVA going to TV in the US all that much anymore. So i expect netflix.It would be nice, but SE has failed me before. so i really hope they make it original yet having the FF traits. and nothing relating to our real world. like what FF:U did.

I actually thought FFU was pretty good, it just got cut short thanks to a certain movie... :mokken:

But if they did another Anime I'd like it to be based on after a game and not just retelling the events of the game. My personal favorite would be Tactics... But that's just me :elmo:

I would definitely prefer a CGI series rather than an anime. Animes are quite niche and, save for things like Pokémon, tend to be exclusive to J-philes. More success, I think, would come from a more accessible format.

I'd watch an anime series of either FF7, 8 or 9. It'd have to be a direct retelling (with the odd bit added maybe) for me. Thing is, would they make it any good?

I'd watch an anime series of either FF7, 8 or 9. It'd have to be a direct retelling (with the odd bit added maybe) for me. Thing is, would they make it any good?

See I don't see the point of just retelling the story, unless they tell it through someone elses eyes... Like FFIX the told it through Beatrix's eyes. Other than that, I think it would be pointless, got great games that told the story. :elmo:

See I don't see the point of just retelling the story, unless they tell it through someone elses eyes... Like FFIX the told it through Beatrix's eyes. Other than that, I think it would be pointless, got great games that told the story. :elmo:

Thing is, I've played the games a million times. Seeing it all in anime style would be really interesting.

There's no reason why Final Fantasy couldn't fit that medium. I suppose it's just not in-demand enough to happen.

I'd love to see it though!

Although an OVA may allow for more artistic/creative freedom or more accessibility, I can totally imagine a full blown anime series - possibly with each season dedicated to a different FF game (as someone mentioned in an earlier post).

In some cases though, I think a game would warrant more than one season - or perhaps one season and a special, extra long finale or OVA. FFVII would undoubtedly be one of the first titles to get animated (though it already has Last Order). Sorry to burst anyone's bubble on that one, lol. VIII, IX and X would also work quite nicely. Maybe even XII. Mehh.

And I don't think it should be a direct-retelling ad nauseum, but rather, it should follow the basic plot line and then add in some extra exclusive bits that fit. For instance, when the party enters a new town, maybe add more details on the exploration there outside from the obvious stuff.

I think if Square-Enix were to go in this direction with an anime series, it would help recover from the fail that was FF:Unlimited (clearly biased here!). I didn't quite like that series much, and I didn't think it was the best representation of an animated FF series as a whole, although it was a decent concept and I really enjoyed the opening and ending songs. :P It was at least much better than the animated Final Fantasy movie. Has anyone seen it? Almost like a premature Dragon Ball movie...

(Not talking about FF: Spirits Within, btw. that's a whole other topic of it's own)

that would be very excellent, tbh. especially if the art was choice and made Cloud act in character. too bad this will never happen. square could make a lot of cash.

Back