What FF should I play next?

LordJL

Gil
Hi there, I'm new at this forum as you can see, and I wanted to ask all of you seasoned FF players a question.

I just finished FF8 today, and I finished 7 a couple months ago. Liked 8, loved 7, but now I find myself thriving for more. I naturally looked at the next game, FF9. But since I've read that it's a return to the series' roots, I thought it might be better if I played 6, since I hear it's the pinnacle of the series, not just 2D, but overall. I want to play 9 since I'm already used to the 3D graphics, but I also want to play 6 because of its status and legacy in the gaming world.

What should I play? 9? 6? Or a different one altogether? I can only play games below 9, because I don't own a PS2 or anything after it.

id go with ff6 personally, it was a pretty amazing game for it's time

i hated ff9 :gmonster:

I would go with FFVI as well. Great game all around with a very diverse cast and though some of the characters take a backseat in development *looking at you Shadow* and some not at all like Mog, Umaro, and Gogo. Considering you have a cast of almost 16 characters that's not really at bad, the rest of the characters do get their own unique development and it's nice to see them not get ignored and forgotten about. With the esper system to teach magic practically every character becomes usable. Also great sound track to the game and many unforgettable moments like the opera house scene.

I would go for FFIX myself. This is the best one in my opinion. Great story line and characters. Although you cant go wrong with any of them. You might end up finding one you just really love.

9 is the best FF. 6 is...half good, half bad. Depends on if you fancy a bit of 2D to spice things up :).

Play 9 first I'd say seeing as you've played the other two PS1 era games. 6 is amazing too though, so worth playing in the future at some point..

Final Fantasy IX is one of the best games in the series. Though you can't go wrong with Final Fantasy VI either.

Hi there, I'm new at this forum as you can see, and I wanted to ask all of you seasoned FF players a question.

I just finished FF8 today, and I finished 7 a couple months ago. Liked 8, loved 7, but now I find myself thriving for more. I naturally looked at the next game, FF9. But since I've read that it's a return to the series' roots, I thought it might be better if I played 6, since I hear it's the pinnacle of the series, not just 2D, but overall. I want to play 9 since I'm already used to the 3D graphics, but I also want to play 6 because of its status and legacy in the gaming world.

What should I play? 9? 6? Or a different one altogether? I can only play games below 9, because I don't own a PS2 or anything after it.

FFIX is not on my top list of FF. I would choose to play VI anytime.

Okay, started VI, since pretty much all the comments were positive towards it while the ones for IX were too, but not as much. I went with the NA version (III). Are there any major differences with the translation? If it's stuff like Cefca=Kefka, I don't care, I prefer Kefka.

Back