What are your fears?

Cars:you never know if there will be drunks on the road,its random but im always scared.

America:the guns,the guns! everytime i come in america i feel like someone will shoot me,you americans have different experience i know that.

bridges:crossing river bridges gets me scared,i feel like the bridge will collapse

wild animals:wild cats,snakes,and other dangerous creatures freak me out,i never wanna see them!!!

My number 1 fear has always been spiders x.x I dont like them, their eight legged freaks,they look creepy, the bigger they are the more afraid and scared I am, Im very afraid to kill them too. I also dont like heights but unlike that fear Im not really as I scared of it anymore since I have a couple of high flying moves xD and its almost fun sometimes. These are the only two things i generally ever been scared of unless you wanna count scary movies :I

Well, my worst fear is probably moths, I hate those little fuckers. Flapping about, bumping into walls making that horrible sound, then they chase you through the house like they want to kill you. Their weird rapid movements freak me out, I hate it!!!

I remember there was once a HUGE moth in the house, as big as my palm and i made my sister try to suck it into the vacuum. So she went at it with the vacuum and missed and the moth went psycho so we went running and screaming through the hall and locked our selves in our rooms for about 10 minutes :( it was horrible. We did eventually get it in the vacuum though.

I also hate any bugs really, spiders, beetles, cockroaches etc. I don't mind fluffy caterpillars though or ladybugs.

I'm also scared of scary games and will not play them unless someone else is in the room. Even then I wont wanna play them D:

That's all I can think of for now.

My biggest fear is Ants sounds stupid but I can't stand them a few ants together I don't mind but if it is a whole ants nest I stay clear, but to turn the page they are quite the little ingenious buggers.

My fears are:

Losing Steve: In any way, whether he dies, leaves me etc, I just can't picture my life without him. Sometimes I think of what it would be like and get really scared. Everything I've worked towards these last four years have been for us. Without him it would all be meaningless. I would have done things totally different if I was single, as my circumstances would be different. So for him to just disappear from my life right now would be a really big shock.

Heights: Never had a problem with heights until I got older. I was fine as a kid, running up the stairs at the water theme parks to go down the huge slides and such. Now I hang on to the railings for dear life as I walk up. XD

Claustrophobia:

+Claustrophobia- Beings stuck in a cramp elevator would be my worst nightmare. I am terrified of being stuck in confined environments and I tend to prefer large, open spaces.

I have the exact same fear. >.<

Spiders:
No matter how many times I see them I will never get used to them. Especially the huge ass rain spiders we get here, mainly in Summer. I will refuse to sleep until the little bastard is finally out of the house. >.<

All I can think of right now. >.<

A
Some things I fear/am scared of:
Snakes
Oh gosh, me too. I think my fear started between the ages of 5 and 7 when my family visited Portugal. There was a live-action version of the Jungle Book on TV in which one man got bitten by the kind of snake with red, black and yellow stripes. I can't remember finishing the episode... I just remember him being close to death. Now every time I see a snake on TV or in the woods (which I have done a few times), a shiver runs down my spine. I'm all on edge and curl up into a ball, almost like I'm trying to get warm. :lew:

My fears are:

Robbers in my house- I always have visions and nightmares at least once a couple months about robbers and murderers coming into my house and in each scenario, I always try to survive. These nightmares creep me out...
I'm scared of this too. :( I live in the middle of a forest so it feels quite possible. :( THIS fear started when I was in year 5 (so I must have been 9) and attended a work-do with my Dad. His colleague's daughter was asked to look after me and decided it would be a good idea to watch Jonathan Creek. :hmph: A woman got stabbed in her bedroom. For years I had to have the light on at night and always felt on edge, making it difficult to fall asleep. I've gotten better since going to Uni, but I still hate being at home alone.

Sharks, Snakes and Crocodiles.
Thankfully I live in a country where there are none of these, but they still scare me.
I think they scare me because you can't do anything to stop them. Snakes are just cunts who hide in the grass and bite you and then run away, though they do not have legs. If a Snake was the size of a human I could punch it in the face and then smash it with a rock or something or run away.
You can't run from sharks because they don't live on land, if they did it would be hard to punch them in the face because their faces are just giant mouths filled with sharp teeth. You could hit them in the head with a stick, but I do not carry a stick with me so I would have to rely on one being lying around.
Crocodiles are very ugly, and they hide in the water, then they bite you and drown you, they are pricks.

Sometimes I lay awake at night tortured by the thought that there is someone better looking than me, and I cry, beautifully

That I will hit my head off a cupboard or something equally innocuous, and die

That I somehow dislocate my arms and legs when having a wank, so I have to call my mam in to help me. This used to be dying whilst having a wank and having my body found like that, but this is worse as I'd still be alive and have to look her in the eye

Nuclear war

Chickens

God ends up being real and is seriously unimpressed with atheists, and I mean seriously unimpressed

Blindness: It's my biggest fear, my eyesight is fine but I can't afford to lose my eyesight completely. As a gamer, losing my eyesight would mean the end for me playing video games + makes my life much harder.

Blindness: It's my biggest fear, my eyesight is fine but I can't afford to lose my eyesight completely. As a gamer, losing my eyesight would mean the end for me playing video games + makes my life much harder.

Oddly enough, I'm not afraid of becoming blind, as I love radio dramas, and it would just give me an excuse to get more into them/start making them myself. That said, there's a couple videogames out there designed for the blind (which you ought to check out in general), and I would love if someone would come up with more.

As far as my fears, they're a bit messed up and specific, but it's worth mentioning since these are the things I just can't handle:

"I have no mouth and I must scream": being totally paralyzed, conscious, and entirely unable to let people know that I am still conscious in spite of my condition. This one stresses me out way too much, and it's something I have a hard time stopping thinking about once I start.

Brain damage. The idea of knowing that I could (relatively easily, if you think about it) do enough damage to permanently alter or inhibit the way I think, and be aware of it but unable to change it scares me something awful.

I'm also afraid of failure and/or just not doing a job properly... Whenever I've had to write an essay or attend an interview, I've been afraid that I'll make some massive, perhaps embarrassing, mistake that will ruin my chances.

Similarly, I fear not completing important forms properly and receiving a severe penalty as a result. When I had to fill out the form for my PGCE application, I went through my grades and checked them against my certificates a fair few times. :lew: I was so afraid that I'd get one small detail wrong and be banned from applying for a teaching course. :(

There's a few things that i'm afraid of:

-Getting some sort of deadly disease (not so much me dying-- how others react)

-losing my family/friends

-heights

-rejection

-being unstable (money wise)

-losing my job

-drowning

-not being able to have kids of my own.

-clowns & spiders :mokken:

That, that is all >_>

I fear being late for appointments

spiders

snakes

frogs

And, ooh! Babies with those spooky little hands, and

This is an embarrassing, cliche and pathetic fear, but honestly.... I fear I'll live a life without having a lot of love in it. It's fucking sad as shit, because by love, I don't mean platonic or family, I mean a significant other. I want that shit.

God damnit. I can't believe I'm about to hit post.

Whatever.

This is an embarrassing, cliche and pathetic fear, but honestly.... I fear I'll live a life without having a lot of love in it. It's fucking sad as shit, because by love, I don't mean platonic or family, I mean a significant other. I want that shit.

God damnit. I can't believe I'm about to hit post.

Whatever.

Why do you feel embarrassed by that? O: I mean, I think it's all something that someone desires. I know for me, I always felt like i was somehow going to end up dying alone with no 'soulmate'/S.O. to fall over and rot with me

I totally understand how you feel, i think that feel may be just something that comes naturally. I have a boyfriend of 10 months (granted--- I can't predict the future), but i'm still in fear something may happen and i'll die in a hole by myself. O:

Why do you feel embarrassed by that? O: I mean, I think it's all something that someone desires. I know for me, I always felt like i was somehow going to end up dying alone with no 'soulmate'/S.O. to fall over and rot with meI totally understand how you feel, i think that feel may be just something that comes naturally. I have a boyfriend of 10 months (granted--- I can't predict the future), but i'm still in fear something may happen and i'll die in a hole by myself. O:
lol I've been with someone for 10 months as well. For me, it's not that I fear dying alone — if I end up old and alone, then fine — it's more that I want to spend my life with someone I love and shah are experiences with that person. I want my life to be a journey in that way. It's embarrassing because it means that I need to rely on someone else for my happiness. That I can't keeps self happy and enjoy living a life on my own. Someone has to be there, or it's pointless to me. I'll just be indifferent and have no ambition whatsoever. I hate it, but at the same time, if I get what I want? I'll be living a life that would allow me to feel some level of satisfaction. The thing is though...my anxiety fucks it all up. I'm always do scared "what if it doesnt last and nothing else comes my way?" that I can't enjoy what I have now. I actually have to take medication for this crap.It's not fair :,( thanks for replying though. You reminded me why I feel safe to be myself here.

lol I've been with someone for 10 months as well. For me, it's not that I fear dying alone — if I end up old and alone, then fine — it's more that I want to spend my life with someone I love and shah are experiences with that person. I want my life to be a journey in that way. It's embarrassing because it means that I need to rely on someone else for my happiness. That I can't keeps self happy and enjoy living a life on my own. Someone has to be there, or it's pointless to me. I'll just be indifferent and have no ambition whatsoever. I hate it, but at the same time, if I get what I want? I'll be living a life that would allow me to feel some level of satisfaction. The thing is though...my anxiety fucks it all up. I'm always do scared "what if it doesnt last and nothing else comes my way?" that I can't enjoy what I have now. I actually have to take medication for this crap.It's not fair :,( thanks for replying though. You reminded me why I feel safe to be myself here.

Oh I see what you mean. I share the similar feelings with you though, Catnip. I can see how that may be embarassing, thanks for clearing that up for me. I hate feeling like I have to depend on other people to make me happy, but at the end of the day I think that's what life is about. I get paranoid to sometimes and question myself like you do. I'm sorry to here about your anxiety :(. and anytime pal :monster: I'm just glad that I can relate to ya and we can share eachother's thoughts and whatnot :-)

Oh I see what you mean. I share the similar feelings with you though, Catnip. I can see how that may be embarassing, thanks for clearing that up for me. I hate feeling like I have to depend on other people to make me happy, but at the end of the day I think that's what life is about. I get paranoid to sometimes and question myself like you do. I'm sorry to here about your anxiety :(. and anytime pal :monster: I'm just glad that I can relate to ya and we can share eachother's thoughts and whatnot :-)

Also, I want to apologize for my atrocious writing in my previous post. God damn iPhone, I hate posting with it.

ANYWAY something happened last night. I had a pretty bad attack, and I was freaking out, and my boyfriend (sleepy as hell, had to get up early for work) stayed up with me and held me until I fell asleep. Then this morning, he told me he wrote a letter for me a few days ago and it's by the tv, so I read it and it changed me. Instantly. It answered every question I ever had about him, every doubt I ever had about our relationship and future is completely shattered. It's like I had an epiphany, but a million x better.

I want to cry happy tears at everything this morning.

My fears are..

Heights: We had firepole type thing in one of my Elementary schools, that we would use as part of PE. They would tell us to slide down the pole, and that's where my fear started. You couldn't get me to slide down that pole, Not even for a million dollars.

How I die: Everybody will die eventually, but some deaths happen worse than others, and that's my big fear. For the sake of an example, I'll say if the world ends on the 21st, I'd rather die from giant waves of water, rather than the world being set on fire and we all burn.

Furbys: Hell, I thought I got rid of these things 12 years ago! But they're back! I don't know how it was a hit toy in '98, these things are scary. I had one in 2000, which just stood there staring at me. Nowadays I have a fear of them jumping out of our Christmas tree and attacking me.

Man, I miss being a small kid. My only fear back then was The Undertaker.

I think my main fear as of right now, is not being successful.

Why:

We're pressured to grow up fast. Throughout high school, they urge you to figure out what you want to do in life, to make a goal, apply for colleges, scholarships, grants, loans-- etc. At 14, how do they expect me to make that big of a commitment? While I do agree college is an important step to take for a better career, but to know what I want to major in and become as I graduate high school and going to college? I still don't know what I really want to do... My main passions are unrealistic-- more of hobbies not a career I can be successful in. Yeah I'm 19 and still young, but shit. I feel like time goes by way too fast and I don't want to waste any of it. I'm in community college doing my basics.. but I fear I won't be successful and happy at the same time.

Back