What Are You NOT Loking Forward To In The Final Fantasy X Remaster?

In all truth, everything about the game besides the battle system is complete and utter garbage. As I always say, you can forgive a lot in a bad game if the story is compelling, this time however, the story of the whinny nasally-voiced, cry-baby, failed attempt at Leonardo Dicaprio, brainless moron known as Tidus is absolute garbage. Clearly devised for the emotional and weak minded fan base that loved FFVIII....

This game is in no need of forgiveness. There are practically no flaws in the game, other than Tidus' voice. And Tidus' character was supposed to represent a brat from a 1,000 years ago- so if thats the way you feel about him, I suppose the creators wrote the character well. Final Fantasy X had one of the greatest stories out of all of the Final Fantasies in the series. This one was unique and went more deep than you would ever expect starting from the beginning. The entire setting of FFX is just amazing the way that they include an entire history to it all. The characters were great, battle system was superb. Music was fabulous. I don't know where you get Leo Dicap from ahaha but I can honestly say that there isn't anything that I do not look forward to in the remaster! :)

Btw- are they really making a remaster of this game?

Btw- are they really making a remaster of this game?

Oh yeah :) it's going to be released soon too. Check out these threads > this one and this one < for screenshots and other information :)

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the chocobo race for Tidus' Caladborg. I seriously hated that. Butterfly catching? Lightning dodging? They were so easy compared to that damned chocobo race!

Oh yeah :) it's going to be released soon too. Check out these threads > this one and this one < for screenshots and other information :)

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the chocobo race for Tidus' Caladborg. I seriously hated that. Butterfly catching? Lightning dodging? They were so easy compared to that damned chocobo race!

Finally, Final Fantasy X gets the quality that it deserves (': thanks for the info!

Mines is pretty much the same, I hated powering up the celestial weapons period and im gonna add I really hated going through all the trial puzzles to get the summons at the temples especially the one in bevelle that one sucked. I ts a small thing and its no a big deal but when you first visit besaid and your on the way to thebeach t ge ton te boat to reach luca...well before you head to the beach I like to sit and run back and forth training to get the last overdrive for Tidus at the beginning of game....its a pain but itsworth having before I even et to luca :)

I'm looking forward to it! The trials were frustrating at times. I never 100% completed X when it was first released, but I'll aim to do that on the remaster. I'll also finally complete X-2, haha.

Yeah, uhh, spot the difference?

ib0UHMIo8VXi0P.gif

VS

iiFXA2awEL9lu.gif

Why so lifeless, dear?

Given that there's still no release date being given out, there should surely still be time for them to do something about that, because otherwise, though everything else is a sparkly new visual upgrade, lifeless, emotionless eyes and awkward facial animations may let this package down a bit.

Also, I'm eager to see what the fans' reaction to Nojima's new 30-minute "audio drama" will be. From what I've heard of it, there are new characters in it. :wacky:

Ooooh.... definitely not looking forward to robotic faces, but the rest sure does look pretty. Hopefully, expression returns to full HD, too!

What am I NOT looking forward to? Let me see....

Playing Blitzball. In the original, blitzball was kind of an empty shell of what could have been an awesome minigame. Instead it's kinda like soccer in water. They should have used the full 3d of the sphere and allow one to actually make the tackles and shots and what not instead of them being automatic. The whole thing needs to be redone.

Also, not looking forward to hearing Wakka. Seriously, I'm replaying through the game and he's starting to annoy me.

I'm gonna disagree with some of you in that the cloyster of trials was actually kinda fun.

Mostly, I don't look forward to running throug the world that is basically a long tube. Should ahve some more exploration.

The laughing scene. Kill me now.

As i agree the laghing scene is by far one of the most annoying cutscenes ever, i do think it was essential to the story. but yes the laughing scene is so bad, and as is having to play as just Yuna about 1/2 through the game in the trials, not gonna mention when or where just for spoiler reasons, but that part i hated.

The only part I might not be looking forward to is the first Anima fight, the story essential one... For some reason, that was my "Achilles heel" boss fight. I couldn't beat it for so long. Eventually, I went with the "Everybody charged for overdrive/double aeon overdrive" tactic.

Other wise, I love this game... So I am hopefully going to pick it up within a reasonable time from release.

I'm not looking forward to facing Seymour and his shitty second form in Mt. Gagazet.

The last time I played the game, I was severely underleveled for the place, and I kept getting my ass kicked in almost every battle. I had to rely on Bahamut's help to make it through.

Other than that though, I am super excited for the collection.

Last edited:
Mostly, I not looking forward to the poorly designed growth system. Granted the idea of the sphere grid was great, but within the first third of the game, I rendered Kimahri, Wakka, Rikku, and Lulu completely useless and Tidus would have been useless as well other than the fact that he had good support abilities. Kimahri was useless, period - Quina was a far better blue mage than he was. By the time I got Rikku again, Yuna was about 4 levels from grabbing steal and use, making Rikku completely useless. Once I gave Yuna a pair of black magic spheres, and gave her two -ara level spells, Lulu was nothing more than a placeholder who's -aja spells couldn't keep up with Yuna's -aras. Wakka... I hated everything about him. On;y reason to ever use him was against flyers and even then, I was more content to have Auron try to smash them with his sword.

Getting 0:00 on the Chocobo racing. People say they hate lightning dodging or butterfly catching, but neither of them are half as bad as that bloody Chocobo racing. I've only ever managed to do it once in all the times I've played it. I am not looking forward to having to suffer through it again.

I don't think FFX HD will win many brownie points with everyone, unfortunately. I will probably purchase it, but that's because 1) it's been awhile since I've played FFX, and 2) I need to add some *actual* games to my PS Vita collection - not just digital content for a price. Although this release is still not very good for the Vita considering it's still an OLD game and not a BRAND NEW game... xD Anyhow... /rant

The idea of playing the exact same game again but with better graphics doesn't appeal to everyone. Especially if you've either played FFX somewhat recently (like within the last year or so) or you put sooo much effort into your save file - getting the ultimate weapons, finishing the side quests, etc.

However- If there were some changes and additions to the game, I think that some fans would not be very receptive towards the changes && they would question why Square Enix bothered trying to incorporate some new stuff. (Although I'm all for making this game trophy-friendly! hehe :3)

It's a no-way street in that sense. It's the same reason as to why there probably will never be a FFVII remake (at least not any time soon; there's my silly hopefulness speaking, lol). Although fans did not particularly ask for a FFX remake at all, since the original PS2 version was wonderful as it was. I question the remaster/HD version myself. -__-; It obviously makes more sense to remake/remaster a classic FF game from the PSOne generation considering those games would need the most remastering graphics-wise. The PS2 era of games had pretty awesome graphics imo. >.>

their thinking of moving older FF titles onto the vita as a whole. not all together but you can play most of the ffs onto vita. or so i hear. their also considering ffXII (a game i appreciate to this day).

the remastering is not that bad. if it offers better graphics with the same content, why question it?

It's a fantastic move. X was one of the few legendary FF titles. Now it's getting better graphics, and we also get the international versions by default. Trophy support tops everything off. So no, can't say there's anything I'm not looking forward to.

If they do this same move with XII, that'd be just as great.

Last edited:
Back