Vaan and Ashe... A sad love story???

Cis

I know you are but what am I?
Gil
I would say that Vaan and Ashe would make a nice couple, but Vaan's older than Ashe. Penelo seem to like Vaan a bit. Well I'm just asking about your opinions on this thing. So do you think they could get along if Vaan was older?

Ashe is older than Vaan. I tried to picture a romantic relationship between Ashe, and some of the male main characters. Ashe's personality seems like it could only repel men away.

oh yessss. I liked the part in the source when Vaan said to Ashe "jump! Come on, I'll catch you!" And then she jumped and he cought her! ^ ^ not that it's romantic or anything *looks away*

I tried to picture a romantic relationship between Ashe, and some of the male main characters. Ashe's personality seems like it could only repel men away.
Yeah that's what I thought. I couldn't picture Ashe with anyone. Only vibes I got off of her were 'bitch' xD I didn't see anything even remotely romantic between Vaan & Ashe.

me neither, but everything would be different if they were the same age

I think that Vaan likes Penelo and Ashe is in love with Balthier. Ashe's love for Balthier is hinted at the final movie while Vaan and penelo are always Together and there both in FFXII:RW

I don't like the Idea of VaanxAshe *shudders* there both too different.

I don't see Vaan-Ashe link at all. I can see how people see Vaan-Penelo but I just think they are genuinely good friends, would have to wait for FFXII:RW to find out. Balthier-Ashe seems like the most obvious but nothing strong. (Most of the hints coming to the end of the game.)

But I thought that PENELO likes Vaan not the other way round. Penelo is in love with Vaan big time. Still, I began this thread cuz I always think that Vaan and Ashe could make a cute couple...

Even if Vaan was older than Ashe, I still don't see them together. Ashe is too mature for Vaan. I actually dislike Vaan's character, and I really don't think he deserves anyone, not even Penelo. Penelo's not as mature as Ashe, but she strikes me as someone who's serious enough for her age. Unlike Vaan. "Um Fran? ... How old are you again?" That was not even funny. -_-

I haven't played FFXII:RW yet, but I know the two friends are always together and whatnot. Possible love between the two? Yeah, expect something like that, I guess.

okay. THAT IS REALLY GOOD POINT. Me likes Balthier ^_^'' time to start a new thread called "Baltier and Ashe*

Or you could make a club for BalthierxAshe ^_^

I agree with Mitsuki too, Ashe is too mature for Vaan. and he just doesn't deserve anyone, especially not royalty XD

Well maybe deep inside there's something... Anyway I think that his personality is very common *roll eyes*

well i personally am a fan of final fantasies that have love stories (VIII not so much) and would have loved to see ashe and vaan together...BEFORE i realized that he is the WORST main character ive seen in a final fantasy. shes way too good for him, he's not as good as zidane with the ladies. ;)...BUT to be honest i kinda agree that it seemed faintly at a few parts of that game that MAYBE they had a chance together. no matter how much i hated vaan,
i would have liked the ending to have included vaan meeting up with ashe before her coronation and them confessing their love for eachother.
but too bad that just would never happen.

Last edited:
Vaan and Penelo were the romantic story in this game (It was super weak though)

I saw a deep connection with Balthier and Ashe.

I could never see the connection between Vaan/Ashe or Ashe/Balthier either. I thought it was pretty clear in the ending FMV that according to Penelo, Ashe was missing Basch.

And yeah, I have played Revenant Wings, and I won't spoil it for you but if you're hoping for Vaan and Ashe, I'll just say you would be disappointed. ;)

Ashe has a very sturn and serious personality. I doubt that she'd be into any other character even if they came onto her. She's obviously still in love with Rossler.

I've never seen her show any signs of attraction towards any other character...or vice versa for that matter.

Balthier and Ashe wud be a great couple cos of the connections they made throughout the story

Penelos a year younger than Vaan..or the same age. but theres a lot more basis for PeneloxVaan then AshexVaan.

Penelo and Vaan interact more during the game,
there always talking to each other in the FMVs/Cutscenes,
there now skypirate partners,
They've known each other for like..ever.

while AshexVaan has no evidence or anything to back it up :P

Back