[V2] Which FF Game are you currently playing?

Started FFVIII last week, just at the D-District Prison sequence. I've really gone all out to be overpowered on this one. I've used Card on most enemies to keep from getting EXP, so when I have all the Stat Bonus abilities, I can make as much use of them as possible.

Right now I'm playing Final Fantasy IV the complete collection.
This is a game I've tried beating since I was a kid and this is the first time I've played past the village.
Right now I'm at the part where I just lost Cid & Yang, I'm really enjoying it so far.
I'm curious to know if the DS versions worth playing if I complete the PSP version?
If anybody who has played both or at least know the differences could give me some insight it would be much appreciated.

Right now I'm playing Final Fantasy IV the complete collection.
This is a game I've tried beating since I was a kid and this is the first time I've played past the village.
Right now I'm at the part where I just lost Cid & Yang, I'm really enjoying it so far.
I'm curious to know if the DS versions worth playing if I complete the PSP version?
If anybody who has played both or at least know the differences could give me some insight it would be much appreciated.

I reeeeeally like the DS version. It has a complete graphical overhaul and the soundtrack is noice. It's not too different in terms of the base game, but the battle system has been changed slightly. There are new moves in it if the right characters are in the battle together and little things like that. Also, you get rewards for completely exploring each bit of dungeon map (5 potions, phoenix downs etc). I would try out the DS version if you really liked the other :).

Personally, I'm playing FF: Tactics (PSP version). Just leveling up to level 50 now to progress further into chapter 4. Expecting to be at level 60 for the last few battles.

I am playing Lightning Returns and I am in the wildlands trying to figure out how to beat Cauis. He wont die! =[

VIII for the PSone, I am currently right before the assassination of Edea,nearly end of cd1 ;)

I am playing Lightning Returns and I am in the wildlands trying to figure out how to beat Cauis. He wont die! =[

Is that game pretty good? I have yet to give it a try, but might way a little bit longer until I go back and finish FFXIII-2. I'm close to the end of that game.

I decided I was gonna retro and play me some FFIX. I took a little break from it and didn't play it for quite awhile. I'm currently right outside of Daguerreo and I'm fighting these dragon to level up and learn abilities.
I'm almost at the end of disk 3. I may try and start disk 4 tonight xD

Been on a FF spree as of late, finished XIII-2, replayed VII and VIII and plan to replay X and X-2 soon since I got the remastered version recently. Gave Lighting Returns a chance but it really wasn't doing it for me. May pick it up again when and if I feel up for it.

I just finished FFIX and I just started playing VII again. I just arrived at Mt. Nibel and I'm about to go to the Gold Saucer. Thanks to Mistletoe and his Lets Play, I wanted to play this game too. :mokken:

I'm close to passing Final Fantasy 4 for the first time on PSP however got my ass kicked yesterday :shakefist: in my first venture to the lunar subterrane with my party levels between 47 & 50. Considering swapping out Edge for Porom as my party seems to have lost its balance since Fusoya left with Golbez. Think I need a second white magic caster in my party and Cecil's doesn't have enough white magic to be effective and I have found Edge to be fairly average character in battle he's not bad but not brilliant either.

Finished X/X-2, really nice revisiting the games in the remastered versions, the remastered battle theme in X is really good. Gave Lighting Returns another shot and actually had fun playing it this time around (Hope does tests your patience however) and finished it getting the extra day and all. I think it is the best of the XIII trilogy.

Not playing any FF at the moment, been back to Skyrim over the last couple of days.

Finished FF IV I'm between starting FFV on PS3 or FFIV interlude and after years on PSP which would be better to start next I've not played either before would be my first playthrough any suggestions?
Also started Cecils story in Dissidia FF although im not sure does that count as an FF game for this thread?

Last edited:
Just beat ff 4 and crisis core. I'm playing ff tactics 2; Grimoire of the rift and ff 5, 6,13 and 13 2. I've beat ff1,2, 4,7,8,9,10 10-2 12, tactics, tactics advance dirge of cerberus, and crisis core. Got stuck on ff dissidia 2 duodecim and sold it but want to buy 1 and 2 again sometime in the future off of playstation store on ps3.

Final Fantasy V on psp like a lot of people I find its ok 2 hours in. Currently on a mountain looking for Lenna's(Reina in the version im playing???) fathers' dragon. Not wowing me compared to other Final Fantasies but its not a bad game either. Not a huge fan of Job system in it so far but it may grow on me given time.

Back