[V2] Last Movie You've Seen

A Scanner Darkly

MOD EDIT: Can you please put more effort into your posts please? This kind of post is a spam post in a post count section. Give a little detail about the movie. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamer

I honestly didn't even finish the movie. And there were a couple of actors in that movie that I actually liked, but it was just so bad I couldn't even get through it. I only watched the first half hour, and when nothing changed I turned it off. I think it would have been better if it was believable. I just didn't believe anything that went on

overall I give this one a 3/10

Jasckass 3 3D

This movie had me laughing almost non stop :rofl:
For the type of moving it was I give it a 8/10
The only reason why it didn't get a ten is because some parts were just straight out gross:sick:

The social network (Facebook movie) I actually found the movie was pretty well done. It goes through all of Mark Zuckerberg's(creator of facebook) life. He is played by Jesse Eisenberg who actually resembles him quite a bit. It is a very interesting movie. It goes through lots of hacking, computering etc. Oh and yes lots and LOTS of debate. So Facebook currently has oover 500 million members which is shown at the end of the movie. Mark only had 1 friend and becoming a huge billionaire still didnt get the attention of the girl he likes. Some parts travel to different parts of the world such as England and such. Movie was good. I give it a 7/10. It does hold your attention though which is nice. Harvard University facesmash.com :lew: (basically a site that has 2 girls and you click on the one which is hotter created by Mark xD) He has an interesting life. I just wonder if he ever got the request accepted by his ex. :hmmm:

A Cinderella Story

It was playing last night on Oxygen and I enjoyed watching it. I saw it for the first time when I was in 3rd grade and my grandma protested saying that "Hilary Duff shows off to impress boys." And we're just like ". . .No she doesn't." But that movie was pretty good. It kind of reminds me of why I want to leave home so badly, because I'm living here because of two options I have to do that puts me in a lose-lose situation anyway, and I hate it. Sam was kind of put in a similar situation in the movie plot, so this movie was great.

Paranormal Activity 2...the final 30minutes were beyond awesome.

MOD EDIT: Please expand on your post. Posts such as these can be put down as spam and deleted next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Movie: Couples Retreat

Rating: M

Comments: Loved this movie!

The island they went to was absolutely gorgeous!

I so want a place like that for my honeymoon.

Anyway, great actors and actresses made this movie come together nicely.

Good humour and funny situations they were put in throughout the movie made this great. XD

Score: 10/10

I just watched Machete with Danny trejo, jessica Alba, Steven Segal and Robert DeNiro. I must say, thats not a movie I can recommend...the plot was not great, bad acting all over, (yes even from mr. deniro) and the "special" effects were just awful imo. Too much added blood and guts, that at one point in the movie just made me think, come on are you kidding me ?

Conclusion: Do not watch it !

Paranormal Activity 2.

Actually, I saw it twice. Once at the midnight premiere with my friend, and again today because my friend wanted to see it but was too scared to go in herself, so she forced me to come along with her. I will the say the second movie was a lot better than the first one, and it still isn't scary enough to not want to see it ever again (well, mainly because I knew what happened already.), but there were some frightening scenes every now and then in the duration of the film. One person in the theater ended up fainting because she couldn't handle a part of two of it.

Carry On Cleo. I love British comedy, and the Carry On series is that and more. Rather risque in some of their other movies, the crew take on the tale of Cleopatra and Mark Antony... with the inventor of the square wheel and his friends coming along for the ride. The sets and costumes were taken from the movie Cleopatra (starring Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor), and the movie has the usual slapstick and comedy which can be expected from a movie with Carry On in the title. This movie also has what has been voted as the funniest one-line in a movie ever, quoted by Kenneth Williams as Julius Caesar: ""Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!""

A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)

I'm surprised to say that I actually liked this movie. They stayed true to original while adding new elements, such as the killer's strong connection to the children and making the characters less douchey (though the acting left things to be desired). I don't really understand why people gave this movie a bad review. Then again, it's been said that I have a bad taste in movies so whatever. I thought Jackie Earle Haley was a damn good Freddy Krueger. I liked how they went for the dark Krueger of the original film instead of having him be all goofy like in the later sequels.

I saw Vampires Suck at the cinema today.
Both me and my friend found it hilarious, because we've both seen Twilight and New Moon. One of the better piss-take films I've seen, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you've seen Twilight and New Moon, you won't have a bloody clue what anything's a reference to :wacky:
Also, the guys that play Edward and Jacob are way hotter than Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner :mokken:
9/10

Yesterday I rented Dolph Lungren Is The Killing Machine, thinking it would be a kick-ass cheesy 80's action film, mainly because of Dolph...

It was hilariously bad, I couldn't stop watching it due to how poor it was, one of the highlights was probably shoving an already dead guys head unnecessarily through a pole in front of his 6? year old daughter, or perhaps not getting shot by a guy who just fired a whole clip of an uzi at him, to return it with maybe three shots with a pistol?

Those are just two of many, many hilarious blunders

Rewatchin' "It".

I suppose now that I'm also reading the book, I can see why some people disliked the tv series. Granted it does omit a LOT, but it's still a fun watch.

God that bully trio is such an overdone crowd of jerks...

I watched Matilda today.

It's a really good movie and is based on a Roald Dahl novel.

It's great as it show's how school can miserable for student's with an insane principle and people that mistreat other's eventually get what's coming to them it's funny in part's and an enjoyable movie.

A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)

I'm surprised to say that I actually liked this movie. They stayed true to original while adding new elements, such as the killer's strong connection to the children and making the characters less douchey (though the acting left things to be desired). I don't really understand why people gave this movie a bad review. Then again, it's been said that I have a bad taste in movies so whatever. I thought Jackie Earle Haley was a damn good Freddy Krueger. I liked how they went for the dark Krueger of the original film instead of having him be all goofy like in the later sequels.
the remake is in no way superior to the original. it had none of the grit or seat-edge tension. the acting was poor all round (though the original wasn't much better). the general storyline was totally ruined, especially by giving freddy kreuger more of a background; that left the audience with a bit more sympathy towards him and that just isn't what the whole franchise is about.

V For Vendetta

What a movie! It brought back a lot of familiar bitter memories I had about the "then" Bush Administration. The movie is a tense political phenomenon that borrows more from the American liberalism vs. neo-conservatism theme told through a futuristic totalitarian England society. Just how far are you willing to go to keep your political power and at what cost? What fears will be embedded into the people to keep them from anarchy? Interesting questions like these that go through your mind while watching. The movie certainly had a lot of relevance for 2006 and still does today. I've long since discredited everything about politics here in America, especially the republicans :mad:. What the republicans manage to achieve in 8 years is a clusterfuck beyond recognition.

Overall for the movie 10/10

Saw VII (I refuse to glorify the overdone engineering used and refer to it as "Saw 3D")

First off; if the last one was a rant against health insurance companies, then this one was a rant against media whores/reality tv.

Still, this one's about on part with Saw VI, which I considered to be the best in the franchise since the first Saw. II was mediocre, III was somewhat interesting, then IV and V kinda blur together in a jumbled painographic mess.

So yeah, definitely worth seeing at least once. It's a good conclusion to the series, and while it leaves room for sequels should studios feel like milking the damn thing, there's enough of a sense of closure that this can well and truly be laid to rest (which it should be).

Back