[V1] What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently playing Lunar Silver Star Story Touch. I still like the story line and also wanted to see how the Ipad version was compared to the rest. I also like the way they did the cloud game saves. I can now play on my phone or ipad.

Growing up I used to read a few Robert Jordan books, so I guess it's nostalgia playing Lunar SSS again. The typical dragon slayer who has to comes to the rescue of a girl (goddess). Sort of like Xenogears in that light. Now if only they would put a Xenogears remake on Ipad.

Normally I stick with the one game until I complete it. However lately, I've been all over the place so I've a few going at the moment.

Currently playing:
• Final Fantasy X HD (It's more complicated than I thought so we're spending ages maxing out this sphere grid :sad3:)
• Folklore (Freaking brilliant game; enjoying every second of it!)
• Final Fantasy XIII (Started this one two years ago and I'm still not finished it. Lots of reasons why, for which the game is not at fault.)
• WipEout HD/ Fury (Huge fan of this franchise, I hope they do something massive for the PS4!)
• Tomb Raider [2013] (Fully completed the story based mode, leaving me with the online play to get through, which I don't find to be half as fun in this game. It truly sucks that the trophy section makes it mandatory to play in order to obtain the platinum.)
• Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage (I love these adorable PSOne games and I'm thoroughly enjoying my second play-through. So is the little brother!)

Borderlands: The Presequel, Fallout New Vegas (I liked 3 so much better...) and a sprinkle of some indie games in between.

Ok, I'm playing a few different games right now:

Shadow Hearts 2 - This is my main game at the moment and is reeeeally good. Gepetto has to be one of my all time favourite video game characters, along with the fact that you can have a dog as a party member (Like Red I guess...but this one can't talk and is cuter :mokken:). The battle system has quite a bit of depth for a traditional turn-based thingy. The music is pretty great. I particularly like the main town music:

It's not quite as dark as the first Shadow Hearts (no excorcisms within the first 10 hours) but maybe that'll come later.

Wow. Dunno if it's just rose tinted glasses but the soundtracks from the PS1/PS2 era of games are phenomenal. So many great RPG's with must-have soundtracks.

I've just picked up Assassins Creed for the PS4 so that's top of my 'to play' list. I've played about an hour so far and up to now it feels exactly like all the other Assassins Creed games; though probably a bit to early to judge.

Last edited:
Final Fantasy VII (PC)

Post may contain spoilers!

Had to restart since Steam does not support cloud sync with this game, apparently. I'm trying not to rush through to get to the point I was on the laptop and just enjoy the game (once again) from the beginning, thankfully I'm done with the Aeris part, on my way to her house now to tell her mother about the whole kidnapping. Also dreading the Kalm flashback. Bah.

On my old save I was already at the Nibelheim mansion and defeated the boss to get Vincent. Fml! I also had done the Gi-Cave and Cosmo Canyon already... The more I think about it... Man!

Somehow took about 3 months to get through to the end of Final Fantasy V (I restarted a couple of times)... now I move onto FF VI. SNES version because sod the loading times of the PS version. Started today and have just reached the Returners Hideout.

On the side I'm also playing the first Crash Bandicoot game where I am nearing the end of the second island. Also playing Resident Evil: Directors Cut on Advanced difficulty setting as I have never played through the game on that setting before. The VA still makes me cringe...

Playing Wolf Among Us, on and off. What a beautiful game.

On the handheld, I've been putting some time into Pokémon Emerald. Since, y'know, every other person I know who's an avid Pokémon fan has the remakes and is constantly fawning over them. I know it might sound mean but I just wish they'd be more considerate of players, like myself, who due to release dates and shipping won't be able to play the games on the same day of release.

FFX/X-2 HD remastered.

Well i just bought it a while back and I've no lifed the game... basically I maxed out FFX and got the ultimate celestial weapons and HP Break Limit...etc. I fought sin and I cried how easy it was to beat the game. Then i started to wonder... what was the point in all that hard hard work? :gasp:

I got so fed up with the grind my original intention was to give a go at the dark aeons but I had to stop. Not worth my frustration :jtc:

Now I'm playing X-2 and doing the same thing :wacky:

Going through FF4 on the PSP 1st ever playthrough of FF4 not long after completing FF6. Similarities are big between the 2 games. Didn't suffer any damage until 1st boss but dificulty picked up strangely after edward joined the party. :facepaw: Just after defeating the MomBomb Boss think I need levelling up my party is between levels 10 and 15. battles are fast moving don't like how you can't have individual party members switch rows it either has to be 2 in front and 3 at back or 3 at front and 2 at back row.

Console wise im playing GTA4 going on Kefka style rampages in Liberty city and speaking of which been replaying last boss battle in FF6 trying to get Kefka to cast Ultima or Meteor at me as I've heard they hurt your party more than Goner/Forsaken but he just won't do it no matter how much I drag out the battle?:wtf:

Last edited:
I am currently playing Eternal Fury on my smartphone. I recently downloaded the application a few weeks ago. Is a fun game yo play ehen you got nothing to do.

I have been playing LR:FF13 lately. I beat it for the first time yesterday.
I will be going bzck to it later today.

I have also been playing Borderlands 2, Alice: Madness Returns, Rock Band 3, Mass Effect 1, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Defiance and Destiny.

I am an Xbox 360 gamer.

I'm currently playing:

Black Ops - Big shock ha. Just playing online mode over and over until I get the final prestiege done. Currently on 12 or somewhere around there.

Bayonetta (Wii U) - Loved it on 360, loving it more on Wii U. The ability to plug any earphones into the pad is great, as is the ability to play the game off the big screen. I can still follow the sb while playing, which I can't normally do because of my single monitor situation :lew:. As for the game, I prefer it by a good mile to the DMC games (or at least DMC1 and 2, the only ones I've played). I'm on chapter 13 next...and seeing those roman numerals for 13 is killing my very soul.

Skies of Arcadia (GC) - Actually, I haven't started this yet, but once Bayonetta is finished I will. Must have stopped about half way when I was little and really want to replay 'cause I can't remember much more than the giant's triangular dong during that one ship battle. I remember the battles being fun as hell and pretty damn challenging, so this is gonna be noice.

That's about it right now. Not playing as much as usual :wacky:.

Erm, I am not really playing much these days.

Resident Evil HD: I finished with Jill's scenario a few days ago on normal and I really did take my time with that one because it has been a long time since I touched the first one. I guess I could start Chris's campaign and speedrun it somehow since I am not really a fan of him. Jill arguably has the better story and easy way out with the inventory spaces and grenade launcher.

Destiny: I rarely play Destiny these days, and if I do, it is usually on Tuesday, which is the day raid rewards reset, or on Friday when Xur shows his tentacle face in the Tower. I have one single purpose to play Destiny still, and that is to obtain the stupid exotic chest armour called Heart of the Praxic Fire. It just will not EVER drop for me. RNG is so punishing in this game because I have the best guns but still cannot get this for the life of me. Xur had better have the chest engram tomorrow or I am quitting until Tuesday like every other week. I have a specific pattern I follow with Destiny now, which is to do nightfall, both raids, and wait for Xur. If I get all shit and xur has nothing good, I quit until the next Tuesday. I am so disappointed with this game lately.

Playing nothing else at the moment, but I want to get back to smash and Pokémon.

Rage Racer
For a arcade racing game that is almost 20 years old, and that I thought I could get through easy, Class 5+ is fucking irritating to get all gold on.

Pokemon Pearl
Recently done playthroughs of all the Gen III games and now im going through Gen IV. Game is so slow compared to the older ones but Platinum, which is next up, will be a bit better. Just cleared the E4...

Bully scholarship edition on steam, I'm toward the end of the game currently. I haven't been playing it as much since then because i know i won't have anything to play once i finish it, well i was gifted castle crashers but i've played that game to death on the ps3 already.

I've been going through the Resident Evil series lately. The release of Revelations 2 revitalized my interest in playing them. I own almost all the main titles so I've been pretty occupied by them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back