Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Quite simply the best group around imho, Iv only been a fan of them since All That You Can't Leave Behind came out but I'v been adddicted ever since. I don't have all their albums but I'v collected a fair few, a couple of DVD's & 2 books

Bono just has an amazing voice he's just as top notch live as recorded (although Iv never been to actually SEE them live.....sore point)

There are very few songs that I have heard so far that I can say I don't really like that much.

Ground Beneath Her Feet is one of my all time favourites ever
Unforgettable Fire, Walk On, With Or Without you, One, Running to Stand Still....I really could go on about all my favourite songs butId just have a whopping great big list :monster:

one of the most over rated bands in my opinion, i really like their early stuff though, the joshua tree was kinda good except for where the streets have no name, but after that U2 have been pathetic imo.
compare u2 with GNR and they are insignificant, and with Nirvana, u2 have sold out, now all they do is play horrible comercial music that they hope people will like

*Compares to GNR*....nope I still think they are better. Sure they are good, but perhaps people think THEY are overated too.
Alot of the stuff U2 did in the 90's was great, yeah that 'pop' album wasn't too great but they have been consistently good over the years. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb was a great album. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own was written about Bonos dad, Id hardly call that just randomly appealing to the masses. One was about AIDs awareness aswel.
It's not all random unthought out crap, they are not some boyband that are trying to appeal to the screaming hordes of impressionable young girls

GnR are/were overated, one good album is all they had, ONE. The rest can be forgotten about 'cept a few songs.

no matter how over rated GNR are atlest 7.83 times the band u2 will ever be. Bono pisses me off so much. 'every time i clap my hands a child dies'. hes way too into make poverty history and stuff.

What exactly has that got to do with the music? >_<

Why are they '7.83 times' better exactly? At least come up with a good argument if you're going to make a comment about it. At least he's trying to do something rather than just sitting on his arse and doing naff all. I'm more interested in the music anyway, rather than the things he does outside the band

not the best, but definantly one of. i love so many of thier songs. one of my all time favorites is the song "one"

the lyrics and everything ..you just can't write a better song that that.

this band is in teh rock n roll HOF, and they deserve to be. i know they will be around for years to come and thier music will be heard by many generations.

favorite U2 album: the joshua tree

i have a friend named after that.
but GNR and Nirvana and to an extent Oasis are all better.

'every time i clap my hands a child dies'.
he did that in a concert and some said 'stop fuckin clapping then'
but i think bono is a bit pretentious and what a way to bring everyone down.

One was about AIDs awareness aswel.
TRB already did and much much better btw

U2 are so commercial now, manufactured just like the pet shop boys

oh axl has a fantastic voice, much better than bono's imo, but you would probably disagree
slash is much much better that the edge, hands down no contest, and the edge is a very stupid name.
izzy is a genius song writer, U2 probably dont write their own songs.

GnR are/were overated, one good album is all they had, ONE. The rest can be forgotten about 'cept a few songs
your so wrong, Appetite for destruction is one of the greatest debut albums ever, use your illusion 1 and 2 are musical perfection really.

Last edited:
I think I'd put them in the same league as Oasis. One is the iconic band of the 90s, the other is the iconic band of the 80s.
Picking one, I'd go for U2 though purely because they've proved they have staying power.

Yeah, can't say I was a fan of Oasis's last album although even the greatest have slumps :monster:

I certainly still listen to both of their old stuff alot.

I adore the U2 songs that I've heard, although I'm not their biggest fan.

Songs such as With or Without You, City of Blinding Lights, Beautiful Day, Sweetest Thing.. umm.. so many more. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For is one of my dad's all-time favourite songs, had an effect on me too now.

As far as Oasis go, I don't like them much really. Morning Glory is a great album I'll admit, but the others do nothing for me. =/

I remember hearing them in 2001. WWF used the song "beautiful day" to hype up Triple H's return from injury. So whenever I hear that song it brings back good times. That's the only song of theirs I've heard, but it was, and still is very cool.

I love U2. Many of their songs touch my heart and make me feel things that a lot of other bands can't make me feel. Like, Until The End Of The World... It's a song about Judas betraying Jesus. It's a powerful and sad song and has yet to NOT make me feel sad and depressed and on the verge of tears... My hat goes off to them as one of the greatest bands of all time :)

Back