Typos/Glitches

d2punkrock4thisw

Ex-Soldier
Gil
So I've been playing through some old FF games, and IX is my favorite one.
Normally I don't look through games to find glitches or typos, but in previous FF's they've been pretty noticeable. I thought IX was the exception seeing as I've never found a glitch of typo until just now. In the opening scene Lindblum is spelt as Lindbulm on the world map in the CG sequence. Has anyone else found any other typos or glitches in this game?

This is probably REALLY old news, but it kinda fascinated me that it took me over 10 years to notice it.

5cg5zo.png

So I've been playing through some old FF games, and IX is my favorite one.
Normally I don't look through games to find glitches or typos, but in previous FF's they've been pretty noticeable. I thought IX was the exception seeing as I've never found a glitch of typo until just now. In the opening scene Lindblum is spelt as Lindbulm on the world map in the CG sequence. Has anyone else found any other typos or glitches in this game?

This is probably REALLY old news, but it kinda fascinated me that it took me over 10 years to notice it.

There aren't many, there are like 3 spelling mistakes in the whole game. There are so few glitches as well, apart from the Golden Chocobo glitch that lets you skip half the game.

Another thing you should realise about FFIX - There are no palette swaps of monsters. Every single monster is unique.

So much effort went into FFIX, and it shows.

I forget the typo but there's another one when you examine the map when you're on the crossroads with Garnet and Steiner (air cab to Alexandria)

That's the main one i've noticed, I assumed Lindbulm was some map translation for the game rather than an unintentional typo :hmmm:

Back