Triple Triad

Ahaha, I like to live on the wild side with Plus.

It's not a necessity, but I like having Open, too. I just got so used to it at the beginning of the game that not being able to see the opponent's cards made me nervous.

I've done pretty well and got most of the 'Character' cards.

However, I still don't get the 'Plus' and 'Same' rules so I pretty much wing it. Random is also a bitch.

Also, I CANNOT beat Edea to save my life. God knows why.

[I know you can abolish various rules but I haven't got around to that yet]

Playing Triple Triad early in disc one can make your characters godly... I acquired Flare, Holy, and even Full Life magic in disc one... Also had squall the punishment gunblade and a 255 str... Kills boss with 1 normal attack 100% of the time given the right elemental juction... and i kept my level as low as posible... squall only level 8 at the end of disc 1 LOL.. XD

Yes, it's incredibly addicting and my favorite sidequest/minigame off all the games. I think my FF VIII saveslot had over an extra 40 hours just from Triple Triad. Even my sister (who hates videogames, I don't know how that is possible...) would join in just to play the card game.
New rules are great, although 'random' is annoying. But once you have all the good cards, if they don't random it out it just becomes unfair.
Plus, that card game song still rings in my head from time to time...
'bam baram bam bam bambambam baram *clap clap, clap!* bam bam..'

There are actually multiple versions of this game that people have designed as standalone applications for the PC. So every now and then when I feel naustalgic, I play it. If you want, try Googling Triple Triad Gold and/or Triple Triad Extreme. One of them is made for online play only, the other is offline play. It's not the best game on PC but it's certainly an entertaining way to pass the time.

Triple Triad is quite fun. I was always on the receiving end of the plus/combo rule. ;-;

I didn't mind the random rule cause I would just refine all of my low level cards.

Triple Triad had to be the most coolest mini game ever! I was little when I played and that was the first thing I mastered over my 14-15 year old brothers (I was 7-10?). Very fun :)

I like how their are people making it into an online game over the internet.

OnionKing said:
Plus, that card game song still rings in my head from time to time...

Ugh, I couldn't stand that song. Whenever I knew I was in for an extended session of Triple Triad I would turn down the TV's volume and play the radio or something in the background!

I absolutely LOVE Triple Triad. I used to spend hours at a time just playing that game. Working for the Rinoa card was rediculously fun yet very easy. I'd use all my extra cards to refine into new items to either use for weapon manufacturing or just for cash. All in all I thought this was such a bad a** game and way better than the FF9 counterpart.

I love the Triple Triad card game!!

One of the best mini games ever made.

When I was playing it a few years back I was spending more time getting all the cards than actually playing the game.

It's really fun and addictive. Great to collect all the rare and best cards.

FF9's version was rubbish.

Did the whole thing, got a complete album, I think the toughest challenges are getting the random area cards and going through the Card Queen Quest >.<

Some of the presented cards were NOT worth the trouble it took to get them, so it would be a considerable challenge, especially if you're a completest and if you like card games.

It is definitely possible to get some wicked strong cards without dealing w/ random rules/quests/etc, so Triple Triad is definitely one of FF's most recreational mini-games.

you can try the elite card playing group in balamb garden?? (they hav leviathan carbuncle and other strong non gf cards that also kick ass....1 gf card in particular is not very strong but VERY cool u get from the final person of the group can refine into 10 holy wars........i wont spoil it dont worry.......

I never played Triple Triad much, but there were some cards I wanted to get, so I played it some ( the Seifer card is cool. ;) ).

I did do a decent bit of turning monsters into Cards at times, but not a whole lot of actual playing of the card game Triple Triad. :P

I found this game sooooooo much easier than IX's on interpretation of it. :jtc:

Though I hated the rule where you got random cards added with the trade all rule. I lost many a good card to that technicality. :gonk: But the basic idea was by far much simpler than IX by leaps and bounds, at least in my opinion.

Back