The Most Powerful Force in the World

Warbsywoo

Hellodia.
Veteran
Gil
What is the most powerful force in the world today?

Is it something tangible, such as the major superpowers like the US and Europe, or is it something a bit less physically present such as global warming?
Is it the UN, who attempts to keep peace at all times throughout the world?
Is it the people themselves, who make up the population of the world?

Or is it something else?

I'll post my thoughts later, but for now, what are your opinions on what that powerful force really is?

i like these threads that make me think.
Hands Down Though

MONEY!

money drives almost everyone in some way or another. in 3rd world countires there lack of it makes them suffer.

in world powers people spend tons of it everyday to make there lives better.

its used to bargain peace.
it was used to buy off communism(kinda) in turkey and greece

there are wars over it. there are strict laws about it

money is the most powerfull force in the world today i think

I'm going with nuclear fission here. Earthquakes and volcanoes are pretty powerful stuff, but nothing beats the devastating force of an atomic explosion.

Good thread. I think the most powerful force in the world is unseen to normal civilian eyes and lies deep within some goverment waiting to be unleashed when the time is right.

i like these threads that make me think.
Hands Down Though

MONEY!

money drives almost everyone in some way or another. in 3rd world countires there lack of it makes them suffer.

in world powers people spend tons of it everyday to make there lives better.

its used to bargain peace.
it was used to buy off communism(kinda) in turkey and greece

there are wars over it. there are strict laws about it

money is the most powerfull force in the world today i think

This is EXACTLY what came to my mind after reading the first question. Have you ever heard the saying, "Money makes the world go round?" People would do just about anything if the price is right. First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women.

Yeah, I would say money too, because without it, everything would be so much better. I mean, come on, it manipulates people into doing rather stupid, and mostly evil things, it has the ability to shape people's lives or destroy it.

So other than that, I think that the companies that hold all this money is a great force in the world, they have the power to withold it and whatnot.
They can do what money can do because they...well, they are money.

people!

one person can go missing and the world goes into uproar (referring to madeline)

religion!

there have been wars over it holy and otherwise, there are arguments over it, there are street brawls over it almost all the worlds problems are related in some way to religion

Natural disasters are powerful forces, but the damage that they wreak is preventative. Most of them are detectable, and when you have a smart person in power, it's easy to clean up the aftermath; if any.

Atomic explosions: again...a powerful force, but without money and power, you can't obtain said explosives.

The most powerful force in the world is a combination of money and power. There's no conquering, overcoming, ruling, or helping without one of the two.

The only force that I can see as being more effective than money or power is intelligence and ambition. Let's take Hitler for example. I don't intend to turn this into a Hitler debate, no. But you have to admit that before the money and power, he was an ambitious man. He was smart enough to fool an entire nation, to conquer his enemies through manipulation, and to have an upper hand over all of Germany. Good god, he was a pathetic genius.

Hatred and Greed

How many massacres were caused by merging those feelings?

How many were possessed by hatred and ended doing something bad while being under the influence of rage?

How many betrayed their friends, their family or comrades to fulfill their selfish ambitions?

How much the Earth has been destroyed by the greedy growing humanity?

Also one of the most powerful weapons is knowledge. Without knowledge and imagination, and those who pursued that knowledge,or without the use of that and reason we wouldn't have such things as technology or even religion. Einstein's ideas and theories were used to create the Atomic Bomb, and his formula was used to invent much of the technology that we have.

With knowledge you can both create and destroy, even if it's something as simple as a secret. With the use of words you can destroy a reputation or even strike the hearts of humans with lies filling them with doubt.

Knowledge I say, knowledge is by far the strongest force in the world that can be controlled. I won't include nature because no human can control weather or all the forces of nature (at least for now...who knows what happens in a few centuries).

I'd have to go with mankind on this one...

Nature is a good choice, but when it come to mankind, we truly have the power to either flourish and collectively solve our problems or completely annihilate ourselves in less that day.

What about ambition? The force that make humans do extraordinary things. I change my answer from nature to ambition.

The only force that I can see as being more effective than money or power is intelligence and ambition.

That's what I said. :]
Without drive, you won't be motivated to do anything extraordinary.

Also one of the most powerful weapons is knowledge.
You can't do shit with shit unless you have the know-how.

Last edited:
Okay, how about this one? Would you say that love is a powerful force in the world, much more, as elevated to the most powerful?

I would say it is, it controls the minds of people like crazy, I've got to say, because people always want to be loved, no matter what they say. Some people even go to extremes to get love, prompting them to do extreme, sometimes even evil things. And I mean all kinds of love too....you know what I mean.

I wouldn't say so Warbourne.
Love is a strong emotion, but it doesn't outweigh ambition, power, or intelligence.

People are programmable.

If you tell someone repetitively to love God; a force who's existence has yet to be proven; you can program someone to have an inexplainable love towards a being that may or may not even be.

Hitler programed Germany to hate Jews, Christians, and opposers of the Aryan allegiance.

You can't program someone to be ambitious. You can teach a person to accept knowledge, yes. You can teach someone that it's good to be outgoing and ambitious, yes.
But you can't teach a person to truely want or have an indescribable need for something for their own personal gain.
If you want it, you want it. If your smart enough to devise a way to reach your own goals, then you can obtain whatever it is that you're after.

So, it can be described as instinct, or rather, nature, as someone has already said. Then yes, I quite agree, our nature, and in fact all nature, is what runs all life, as opposed to money which rules all minds.
Put the two together, with nature in the form of human nature, and money, and what happens?
The world of today?

Love is a double edge sword, a slightly powerful one, but not enough to be considered a force to be reckon since almost no one truly believes in it. If it were by love, well who knows what could happen but since I know it will never happen, we can't consider love.

I say a double edge sword because love can both destroy and create. Love can save a person or kill it, one way or another. Kingdoms and civilizations were built, destroyed and vanished from the face of the Earth in the name of "love".

And like Nephany said, humans are programmable. If you compare Computers and humans, you will see that in the end, both of them can be easily manipulated and set to do your will.

There are three kinds of human:
Those who are born to be manipulated and, those who stay in the middle, and those who are born to manipulate others. In the end if you manipulate the majority you have power, which as a consequence gives you money and knowledge.

Every human is born with a set of cards that, if played well, will lead you to a better future and life. If you are smart enough, you'll know what to do.

Also women have the strongest card which allows them to force a men to kneel before them, no matter how many times we insist on denying it. Women are like the power behind the throne, the one that pulls the strings of the king.

Anyway, I remember reading somewhere that:

"Sometimes, the quest for power and a way to obtain the means to accomplish that requires, sadly, a few martyrs for the cause..."
-Quote to someone who must be really insane...o_O

Back