[SPOILERS] So wait.... Sin is who?

mrdaggoth

Ex-Soldier
Gil
Who was Sin before Jecht was Sin?
Does the guardian sacrifice always become Sin next?
Is Sin just a dream?

Sin is a very interesting topic

What do you guys think?

Sin is real, otherwise he would not be able to destroy things.
Who Sin was before Jecht cannot be known. There's only 5 High Summoners mentioned in FFX, and the only ones whose Guardians are mentioned are Yunalesca and Braska. We know the Sin defeated by Braska was not the one made from her final aeon.
Yes the guardian sacrifice always becomes the next Sin.

So did Sin exist for only five generations? (50 years) or did the punishment for machina begin soon after the events of Zanarkand, 1000 years prior to most of the story's setting?

How long does a typical pilgrimage last?

I don't mean to be annoying with all of these random questions, these are just things that I've always been curious about ffx

So did Sin exist for only five generations? (50 years) or did the punishment for machina begin soon after the events of Zanarkand, 1000 years prior to most of the story's setting?

How long does a typical pilgrimage last?

I don't mean to be annoying with all of these random questions, these are just things that I've always been curious about ffx

Sin was born soon after the fall of Zanarkand 1000 years ago. Sin comes back ten years after being defeated, but few Summoners actually manage to defeat Sin, even with their final Aeon. Hence why there have only ever been five of them. I think the pilgramage lasts about a month or two, but I don't think it's ever stated, that's just how I imagined it given that they basically have the travel across the whole world.

Sin was created by Yu Yevon during the war between Zanarkand and Bevelle, so it has been around for 1000 years. The game doesn't state how many different incarnations of Sin there has been, though there is at least 6. How long each Sin lives for and the duration of the Calms is also unknown, though the one created by Braska lasted at the most ten years but may have been considerably shorter than that.

We also cannot know how long a pilgrimage lasts. Yuna's seems to last from anywhere between a couple of months and about a year. Others may have been shorter or longer and probably started somewhere other than Besaid.

Back