[SPOILERS] Favorite playable character death

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
Yeah the title of this thread is kind of odd. And it probably doesn't need to be said but THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD! Spoilers will most likely be games IV, V, VII, IX, and X

So several playable characters in the FF series die during the story. Who's death is your favorite, and yeah I can't make that not sound sadistic. Basically it could be that the death was emotional, badass, or epic.

Mine would have to be Galuf from V. The way he went out was so badass especially because your health can go to zero and you still won't die. His death was also my favorite moment from V.

I'd also have to say Vivi because it was very emotional for me when I realized that he did in fact stop by the end of IX. He was so afraid of death through out the game and at the end, he finally accepted that it would come. It made me even more emotional when that monologue at the end was his and not Garnet's :(

OMFG, Yes indeed!! I agree with Vivi, its like someone hits you in the chest. So damn sad when you do realise he has died and as you said, he was so scared all the way through the game about it coming. Loved Vivi :(

Now Tidus was a shock more then an upsetting "death" for me. It was Yuna I was upset for because she found someone she loved and he wasnt technically real! When she went to hug him at the end and went through him ... still gets a lump in my throat when I see it :(

Don't forget about II! About half the playable characters in II die at some point. To me, it's a tie between Josef and Minwu/Mindu. Josef's dying words, "Take care of Molly for me..." Imagine being Molly for a moment. How would you feel when you lose your only parent in the world? Sad, isn't it?

Minwu's death kinda surprised me. He used everything he had to break the seal that blocked the room with the Ultima Scroll. It's kind of sad. I got attached to him on my first playthrough.

Then there's Vivi from IX. I agree with you girls, it's really sad. It really doesn't help when Melodies of Life is playing in the background, but the courage he displays during the game shows just how much Vivi was ready to accept his fate. Makes me proud of him.

Squall, because he has messed-up dreams after he dies!

Although, honestly, the only character death that has moved me is Zack's. You know its coming throughout the entirety of Crisis Core, and it really builds it up. When it finally happens, and you actually get to take part in it and watch as Zack slowly loses his DMW and succumbs to sheer numbers. Then you get an ending cutscene...it is quite sad.

when Tidus died that.... that was.... it was the HAPPIEST moment in my life oh my god that was awesome

Vivi you got to connect with him so much out of everyone i wanted him to live

aerith death was sad but kinda funny to doing all the button mashing then seph comes down and kills her anyway

Vivi. Definitely.

There's little to add to what has been said, but that was really sad, and got me emotional with the game. :gonk: I loved Vivi, and him fearing it, and then finally accepting it just did it for me...

I get goosebumps with that... xD

aerith death was sad but kinda funny to doing all the button mashing then seph comes down and kills her anyway

:wacky: Horrible, but funny indeed, if you think about it.

Tidus' death moves me most emotionally. Especially when he came to the Farplane and 'meets' Braska, Auron and Jecht and gave Jecht a high-five. That part actually made my eyes water.
Aerith's death is my second. The music is just so beautiful and sad, although her death is quite comical, as previously stated.

Other deaths happen seems bland to me (either because I didn't care for the person or lack of memorable soundtrack and/or dialogue).

Aerith death had me in tears and pissed me off so much because Cloud just effing stood there, I was literally yelling at the game "GO EFFING GRAB HER CLOUD GOD!" haha

I must not of finished the game right or something cause I dont remember vivi dying Dx.. but if I would have caught onto that then I would of been very very very upset.

Cid's death was prettying upsetting even tho it was not all that great of a character, you know Cid from final fantasy 6. WAS ANNOYING! YOU SPENT SO MUCH TIME GRABBING DOES FISH AND THEN HE CROCKS Dx...

Auron being dead o.0 actually shocked me at first just like tidus, xD Who woulda thought ya know lol..

I must not of finished the game right or something cause I dont remember vivi dying Dx.. but if I would have caught onto that then I would of been very very very upset.

Vivi's death is very easy to miss in IX because it isn't blatantly stated. You have to the pieces together to realize the he did in fact die.

First of all, he wasn't in the game's ending. You saw his children, but not Vivi himself.

In the game it was also stated that he was going to have a short life. They said he would live ten times as long as the other blackmages. The other black mages lived for about a year. So Vivi would live to be about 10. The game's manual says that Vivi is nine and the end of IX takes place a year later...

Also, the ending monologue is his and is his goodbye to everyone. (Many people assume it's Garnet's but if you look at it closer, many of the things mentioned are things that Zidane and Vivi talked about together.) The very last thing he is says is "thank you everyone, farewell, my memories will be apart of the sky."

Zack's death had me in tears. It was the first death in the series that actually made me cry. I knew it was going to happen...but when I saw the ending cutscene, I just couldn't hold back tears. It didn't really help that "Why?" was playing in the background either. It was pretty hard for me to see him die because I really liked Zack alot.:(

And even though her death was funny in a way, Aerith's death was still pretty sad too. I just hated the fact that Cloud just stood there and watch her die like someone else had already mentioned earlier.D:

I'd say the one that had the most impact on me was Aerith's death, but mainly because of the music used in the subsequent battle. I guess it never really hit me until I paid more attention to the music than the actual fight...

Back