So What IS Versus

^ Yep. Versus is actually being made by the FF7 Advent Children Team+ The Kingdom hearts team.

I'm REALLY excited about versus. More so than FF13 itself. Versus has a more "Dark, futuristic and realistic" feel to it. And the main character is just AWESOME.

I can so not wait for this game. One of the reasons I got a PS3 was for Versus 13 XD

Indeed. I'm more excited about Versus than XIII, and I also cannot wait for this game.

The way they presented the story of Versus in the trailers with the footage + music was more like an actual story than throwing together some battle scenes and walking through the forest. I am really psyched about both of them, however, as both XIII and Versus have captured my attention in their own ways. At this point, I think, story-wise, I'm more interested in Versus.

Hmm, according to the Encarta Dictionary

ver·sus [vúrssəss]
prep
1. against: against, especially in a competition or court case the United States versus Canada
2. alternative to: as opposed to or contrasted with such considerations as money versus job satisfaction
Microsoft® Encarta® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Since it's said that both games are set in the same world but they apparently have no conection at all, we can't use the first definition, because it would suppose that both storylines are intertwine (and thus, each story 'fights' against the other one.

But if we take the second definition we can say that hte game is an 'alternative' to the first one....If both stories are supposed to take place in the same world, all I can think of is that each story takes place in a parallel universe, both featuring the same world. Say, the FFXIII world is more magic-oriented while the FF Versus XIII is more machine-oriented....This is just a guess though:P

Back